Help ID Schrade model

RumRunner

NES Member
I have a Schrade folding knife, it doesn't appear to have any model ID on it. Anyone have any idea what model number this knife might be?

It says Schrade Walden N.Y. on one side of each blade, but can't find anything else on blades or handle. Thanks

20180927_102538.jpg 20180927_102513.jpg

Looks like an "Equal-Ended" Schrade Cut Co. Walden Circa 1947-1973. (updated date)
From what I can tell they never had a model number, but were called "Equal-Ended" pocket knife. Schrade Cut Company in Walden, NY was the original name of the manufacturer.
I found this specimen that has different blades than yours but yours excels in condition.
Nice little pocket knife. Do you intend to put it into EDC rotation?
~Matt

images

Here's another one with similar blades with some engraving on the sheep's foot blade...
s-l300.jpg

Another...
images

one more...
schrade-cut-co-florist-knife-c-1904-46-rare-old_1_833229f41ff85d9ccdd23d8a213d93a4.jpg

I updated the Circa date after seeing this.

Examine your Schrade knife under a good strong light, using a magnifying glass to note all markings and design details. The name marked on the knife will give you the first visual clue to its age. Schrade knives dating from 1904 to the World War I period are marked "Schrade Cut Co." and "Walden, N.Y." in arched letters. Knives marked "Schrade Cut Co." in a straight line were made between World War I and 1947. From 1947 to 1973, Schrade knives were marked "Schrade Walden." Knives marked "Schrade N.Y. USA" or "Schrade USA" were manufactured between 1973 and 2004.

Last edited:
Thanks, I was having a heck of a time trying to find anything online without a model. I will probably not have it in my EDC rotation as I tend to use just knives with a clip. I have a few older pocket folders and like to collect them, so this will most likely just sit in my collection.

Lol. I have 3 knives on me at all times. Well not in the shower. Then it is only 2...

Back
Top Bottom