[HELP] Help filling out a renewal application

In my other posts i mention my Class A is expiring in May, and I have to renew in the not so great (we hate guns) Watertown. The application asks for the names and addresses of (TWO) references.

Any idea as to who I should seek out for this? What helps the most? Thanks

If you know any cops or selectmen, it may have get an unrestricted (probalbly still won't be enough). I know the police chief (now former) he's one of my and a close family friend everyone in the town knows (retired cop too). My town is green, so it didn't matter.

Don't over think it though, who you put won't have much of an effect, if any. Most people say their references are never contacted.

If you know any cops or selectmen, it may have get an unrestricted (probalbly still won't be enough). I know the police chief (now former) he's one of my and a close family friend everyone in the town knows (retired cop too). My town is green, so it didn't matter.

Don't over think it though, who you put won't have much of an effect, if any. Most people say their references are never contacted.

Never had my references contacted.

What I would like to know is are complete applications kept on file forever?

Can each C.O.P. review an applicants previous LTC application?

In my other posts i mention my Class A is expiring in May, and I have to renew in the not so great (we hate guns) Watertown. The application asks for the names and addresses of (TWO) references. Any idea as to who I should seek out for this? What helps the most? Thanks
Rent the cheapest apartment in a very green town tomorrow (or maybe you know/related to someone in a green town)... Immediately (tomorrow) change your info at the RMV and immediately send certified letters to the proper places notifying them of change of address...then apply in the Green town anytime prior to the expiration of your existing LTC (get a receipt showing you've submitted App) etc etc...
If I was sure I'm staying in MA? There's NO way that I'd ever apply in a red (or anything less than green) town and lock myself into the "pretty please remove my restrictions??" bullsh*t that exists in so many of these lunatic Massachusetts sh*thole cities and towns. I've told the story here about the two friends who live adjacent to the Fellsway on the Medford/Malden line. They can literally see each other from their respective back porches/yards. The Malden friend can hold and wave his unrestricted LTC proudly to the Medford friend who is "Restricted"....Both guys are my age (50+)...It's completely f*cked beyond all reason.....One of the reasons I live in my current town is because it's GREEN....when we'd moved, I gave a list to my wife of the places I'd never move to (she was adamant at the time about staying in MA near Boston, her family, sister has medical issues, her job, etc etc...NH was NOT an option, unfortunately)... And that list of towns I'd never move to was (and I swear this is true and those of you who know me have heard me say it when wife is around) "I won't even consider ANY town that is not listed as "Green" in the NES thread "Guide to Gun Rights in your MA town". (Yes, it meant/means THAT MUCH to me!).

Don't restrict yourself for 6 (SIX) years, simply because some bullied-in-high-school-but-now-I'm-a-Nazi-f*ckin-thug chief of police in this God-forsaken piss-and-sh*thole state gives you the "BECAUSE I SAID SO!" bullsh*t....And if you're not completely tied to MA due to wife/family/job/house/etc like I am, then do what SO MANY here will advise you to do: Move to NH.

Last edited:
I had an active military sergeant and a long time police officer as my references and still going restricted. I'm pretty sure they were never contacted and it had little to no bearing on my LTC application.

Back
Top Bottom