Help Fred stay in the Luger Family - Post your Lugers!

Counting in the thread, we up to 13, excluding Juergen. If he wants to come over again, he can double the count all on his own!

T

Yeah, imagine trying to get a dozen Lugers on a plane from Germany to Boston. [laugh]

"What's the problem? It's an NES shoot for Pete's sake!!"

By the way Fred, your new avatar chick is nice looking.

I haven't posted in awhile so I figured this would be a great post to jump back into it with. Here is a pic of my Lugers. They are all mismatched shooters but are all 100% mechanically functioning and very accurate. In order from top to bottom. 1939 S/42 with a modified front sight (why someone did it I will never know but it is a deadly shooter), 1916 DMW (little finish remaining but awesome shooter), 1939 S/42 (great finish and a great shooter), 1941 BYF (rebuilt with East German parts. Black widow clone), 1916 Erfurt (Erfurt top on a Bulgarian frame. May get refinished at some point)
Lugers.jpg

If he wants to come over again, he can double the count all on his own!

T

Ain't no matter of want, but rather of funds. However, I'll be back....

Yeah, imagine trying to get a dozen Lugers on a plane from Germany to Boston. [laugh]

"What's the problem? It's an NES shoot for Pete's sake!!"

No sweat to get them into the baggage compartment of a plane over here. Issues would arise only with some
monkeys paid by whatever alphabet soup agency in the States, let alone in the PRM.

Tell you what, I'd pack 'em up in a heartbeat and head over............to stay forever some 30+ miles north of Beantown.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I'd call that a good start!
For accounting purposes, that makes at least 33 Lugers within the ranks of NES.

Little late to the party but I have one also. It's a 41 BYF all matching but the mag. I've had it a couple years, I shoot it a few times a year.

yclgIDR.jpg

That is a very really truly nice one!!

Damn, besides a little wear on the side plate and the safety swing line, it looks f*cking MINT. The checkering on the grips looks like the tree was just cut down yesterday.

Trade ya? [wink]

As I recall, I bought it from a forum member 3 years ago in Mass for $900 bucks. It's nice, I need an era specific 1911 to go with it. :)

Mine is a 1918 DWM all matching with holster. The holster is dated 1918 inside, with Sturm Artillerie 3rd Reg 1st Co on outside. Any info on that?

You can post a pic from your computer using the 'manage attachments' under 'advanced'.

T.

Last edited:
Under "Posting Permissions", it says "You may not post attachments". Why the restriction?

Hmmm, the term "Sturmartillerie" was found in WWII, for units equipped with the "Sturmgeschuetz".
Somehow this doesn't compute with WWI. Is there a unit mark on the fron grip strap of the pistol?

That was the definition I received from a dealer of Lugers. However, upon my own investigating, could the SA on the holster be referring to the Sturmabteilung, more commonly known as Brown Shirts?

I have been able to make out the stamp on the inside of the holster. Rud. Guilleaume, Mulheim RH 1918. Any history on this manufacturer?
Many thanks!

Personally, I haven't heard of this manufacturer yet. I've asked for this and the unit mark, waiting for a reply.
Mülheim, RH could mean two cities in Rhine-Westphalia; one at the western edge of Cologne and the other
one being a suburb of Duisburg.

Here we go:
The crossed out unit mark is likely for "Staff 3rd Reserve Division, weapon no. (illegible)". The actual one is straight after the Prussian orders for Police unit marks and should read "Schutzpolizei, Regierungsbezirk Aurich, Kommando III, 1. Hundertschaft, Waffe No. 15".

Simply means, that the holster was used by the Imperial Army and then went into Police service in East Frisia.

Juergen,
That's great info. Thanks for the history lesson. Attached is a picture of another German Army "toy" that I owned. Now to find a "Tiger".

Just picked this up off of another member...It's not a safe queen but it's a 1917 Erfurt Luger.

mail

That's a nice Beemer! You might want to go for a NSU Kettenkrad before a Tiger....think of your fuel bill.

@sgeary
Pic is not showing

I did drive a Kettenkrad, but I am too tall for those. Man those things were made for short Germans!!!

Back
Top Bottom