• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help for my Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Got a barely fired Ruger Gunsite Scout for a steal off of gunbroker. Only had the chance to take it out once. Just now fitting it with a new scope and noticed what looks like an empty screw hole at the back of the receiver at the end of the bolt (pic attached). Is this indeed missing a screw? Cant find any images online that have a clear view and obviously want to replace it if so before I shoot it again! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 00E94BC3-BE14-4877-BBEB-DF31150A5764.jpeg
    00E94BC3-BE14-4877-BBEB-DF31150A5764.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 11
Spoke with a fellow who knows these rifles (but isn't a NESer), who says:

Reply the following: The end of the rear trigger guard screw should be visible in that hole. I suggest you make sure that your rear trigger guard screw is fully tightened. You can attach either the image I've attached or just the web link
View: https://i.imgur.com/BbuiL1G.jpg

Invert the rifle to find the answer. You're looking at the end of the rear trigger guard screw. It's easier/more cost effective to make a through tapped hole rather than a blind tapped hole.

The question has been answered, but to those asking how they shoot, simply amazing for what it is. Mine is in .308 and LH. From a bench I'll hold 2-3in with anything I feed it. Can it head sized balloons at 200 &300 with boring regularity. Bone stock. I keep saying I want to scope it and really dial it in, but I think that would ruin the quick handling and utilitarian feel of this rifle. Its so fun to shoot I want one in .223 if anything for more economical plinking and reduced recoil, maybe the wife would enjoy it? Comes with stock spacers so the LOP can be reduced.

Back
Top Bottom