• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help! CMP Requirements ? We Sad Note

Thanks Mike_

I will mail my $ to GOAL today .
So Joining GOAL or a Range will cover the part about Membership in CMP Affiliated Organization:

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity:
You must provide proof of participation in a marksmanship related activity or otherwise show familiarity with the safe handling of firearms and range procedures. Your marksmanship related activity does not have to be with highpower rifles; it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns. Proof of marksmanship participation can be provided by documenting any of the following:

- Current or past military service.
- Current or past law enforcement service
- Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).
- Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).
- Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.
- Concealed Carry License. XXX
- Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training.
- FFL or C&R license.
- Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.
- Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/forms/marksmanship.pdf
Look like I good to go soon.

Duarteus - if you have a MA LTC and join GOAL you are good to order, a photocopy of both cards is sufficient. - you will also need to have your personal information (attesting you are who you say you have) form notarized.

That's generally it.

The garand collectors association is also affiliated, worth the membership. The stories of those like your FIL and the firearms they used is worth it....

- Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/forms/marksmanship.pdf this is another opption

Back
Top Bottom