• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help Building A Compliant Rifle

Thanks. Yeah I don’t plan on having the sight post, I’ll do a rail all the way down. If you pin & weld the comp doesn’t that technically eliminate the threads though?
If you must have a comp the pin weld as needed. Nothing wrong with a target crown barrel.
Unless of course you are trying to cut .0005 secounds off your rapid shots.

Your not looking hard enough, try looking out side the prison walls.
i really do not get the naivete of people who think that getting a 10x more expensive 'pre-ban' will do any goddamn difference to them if communists will somehow win and begin mass confiscation of firearms.
until that is still nothing but a pipe dream - pre-ban, pre-healy, etc, all this shit matters only to scalpers in the classifieds. get an aero stripped lower on sale for $90 - and get your build done.

that works, but, there are simpler ones. this one i think does not sit on the carbine tube, it wants a longer round rifle tube.
and you generally do not want a long rifle buffer and tube on the ar15.

the one that sits on the standard carbine tube, is cheap, lighter and 'MA friendly' would be this one:

but much easier is to get this one, then press the pin out that makes it compliant - it also gets on sale from time to time at $35 level:

or get it with no tube, just a stock.
Why don't you want a rifle buffer on an AR15?

What about an AR10?

i really do not get the naivete of people who think that getting a 10x more expensive 'pre-ban' will do any goddamn difference to them if communists will somehow win and begin mass confiscation of firearms.
until that is still nothing but a pipe dream - pre-ban, pre-healy, etc, all this shit matters only to scalpers in the classifieds. get an aero stripped lower on sale for $90 - and get your build done.
YUP.

If the State could go after AR owners, they would have done it already. Think about it, they have access to the FA10. They could round up and put hundreds, if not thousands, of people in jail. They don't even need to work to prove anything, there are paper records of the sales.

But they don't.

They could shut down more than half the gun dealers in the State. But they don't.

They dont because there is nothing illegal going on.

So, buy your lower, pin your muzzle device (or get a non threaded barrel), pin your stock (or get a fixed stock) and call it a day. The day you move to a free State, a new stock is $50 and if you must remove the muzz device, a new barrel is $100-150. Not a big deal, but chances are you will never touch that barrel.

Also, good luck proving that lower is pre-ban. Remember, in MA it is your job to prove you are innocent, not their job to prove you are guilty.

Last edited:
I know many people now who have found grand dads rifle out side the walls and have them legally transferred in. Including many here on NES. They are out there at “normal” prices. You want to find a preban in state your most likely going to pay a premium .

Its really not about communists. Its about conforming to the law. Getting a pre ban eliminates all that worry and you can have all the features. Not worried about features then by a current production lower and build with in the actual law or not

If they ever do come after AR owners they will get people on current written law. Not the made up shit

AWB are unconstitutional. It may take 2 years, it may take 10, but these laws will not survive.
I tend to agree. I think the writing is on the wall. I'm involved in a case that will be a long post when it's done. The ADA in the case is the gun prosecutor for the county. He made it clear that he doesn't think it's worth going after an ltc holder for a non compliant rifle. I shared with him my experience arguing that an adjustable AR stock is not telescoping which was intended for an MP5 type of arrangement and he claimed he agreed. He said maybe if a gun had every possible feature but a threaded barrel and adjustable stock wasn't going anywhere.

The nice thing about the crown is you can assemble everything at home, and no need to remove the muzzle device to remove a barrel nut, gas block, etc. later. There are some low pro muzzle devices that also don’t need to be removed.
Thanks, I’ll look into that.

Its really not about communists. Its about conforming to the law. Getting a pre ban eliminates all that worry and you can have all the features. Not worried about features then by a current production lower and build with in the actual law or not
I don’t really care about the features, I’m fine with having things pinned & welded. Pretty much any semi rifle you buy will have that anyway.

Why don't you want a rifle buffer on an AR15?

What about an AR10?
carbine buffer tube on ar15 gives you the flexibility, and using rifle length there is not adding anything.
on ar10s i got 2 with carbine and one with rifle - it feels a bit smoother shooting hot 308 with a longer tube there, but, not too drastic.
one i got with a rifle tube is on the same exact stock you posted - i kinda like it. for ar15 it is just too heavy and long, does not fit well the balance i like.
i prefer setting the scope viewfinder in front of the charging handle, and with a long rifle stock it is usually not possible.
to each his own, of course.

carbine buffer tube on ar15 gives you the flexibility, and using rifle length there is not adding anything.
on ar10s i got 2 with carbine and one with rifle - it feels a bit smoother shooting hot 308 with a longer tube there, but, not too drastic.
one i got with a rifle tube is on the same exact stock you posted - i kinda like it. for ar15 it is just too heavy and long, does not fit well the balance i like.
i prefer setting the scope viewfinder in front of the charging handle, and with a long rifle stock it is usually not possible.
to each his own, of course.
That makes sense.

AWB are unconstitutional. It may take 2 years, it may take 10, but these laws will not survive.
You might be right but two or three more devilcrat administrations combined with libtard judges being appointed to the SCOTUS and every ruling that has been hard won can be erased very quickly. Clarence ain't gonna live forever.

Easy? You think the easy solution to building a rifle is to pack up your family and uproot to go somewhere where you can easily build a rifle?

for some yes. For me, I am working on this And have been for years. I don’t know the OP. maybe he is in a position to do that. Others would just build it and say screw it. I don’t know…and neither do you what the OPs situation iswit respect to life, job, income, family, job, etc.

having said that, do you think Maura will respect the SCOTUS decision if SCOTUS blows out the AWB or Mag ban?

having said that, do you think Maura will respect the SCOTUS decision if SCOTUS blows out the AWB or Mag ban?
What does apples have to do with the price of oranges? My feelings on Maura has nothing to do with the statement that its "easy" to just move so you can build a rifle. That was what my comment was about. That said i wish you luck on your goal of moving. Hope it works out for you.

Unless someone can post proof of all the people getting arrested for buying new lowers and building ARs in MA, the fear spreading needs to stop.

The OP will be fine, pin the f*cking thing and move on, it is not a huge deal.

And yes, I think Maura will comply. Bruen changed a lot of things and made licensing easier, even Boston issues unrestricted now and has been issuing without people asking for them (meaning people that had restrictions are getting auto removed).

What does apples have to do with the price of oranges? My feelings on Maura has nothing to do with the statement that its "easy" to just move so you can build a rifle. That was what my comment was about. That said i wish you luck on your goal of moving. Hope it works out for you.
It Will and a quick history refresher….why do you think there is a problem building these rifles? Answer : Maura Healy not really apples and oranges more like Broccoli and cauliflower…both suck.

MA has, to a large extent, compiled in terms of not issuing restricted license anymore. I think the same thing will happen with mag restrictions and the AWB.

It Will and a quick history refresher….why do you think there is a problem building these rifles? Answer : Maura Healy not really apples and oranges more like Broccoli and cauliflower…both suck.
There is no problem building an AR in MA.

The problem is in your head.

The only issue in MA is pinning the stock and muzzle device, both easy things to do... and I don't think anyone has ever been prosecuted for not having a welded muzzle device and pinned stock. Someone correct me.

I get it, I am in the same boat. I am trying to push the wait, see what we pay for taxes here vs somewhere else. For me, as I get older, opening Zillow and punching in what $450k gets you for a home in New England vs say SC or GA KY or Tn or NC is eye opening.
FIFY

Back
Top Bottom