• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help arm a 10-year-old girl

If ever there was a worthy cause, this is it. And...it's FOR THE CHILDREN!

From the Mad Ogre's blog:

Let's help Tina get her rifle! A local girl here, age 10, wants a new rifle. Dad, an avid shooter, wants to help her get the gun, but also wants to teach her about Capitalism. She came up with her design for a sandbag rest and Dad helps make them. She's wanting an Encore in .204. Guys, she's the cutest girl and is an avid shooter in her own right. The rest is great. I was given an example and I am impressed. It's better than the regular commercial made rests that I wont name. They are using a walnut shell medium as fill... similar to what reloaders use to polish brass, but it actually comes from the oil field industry for use of absorbing industrial fluids etc. The bags have a good heft to them, but are not heavy. They have a good height to them... when I'm shooting off a rest, this is what I'm using now. Pricing is about 10 bucks plus shipping. These are great rests, you'll like them. Get one and help Tina get her new rifle. If you have a Blog, please, copy the picture and put a link up and help spread the word. When she's made enough money and gets her new rifle, I will post a picture of her with her new gun and with the biggest grin you've ever seen.The rest is essentially a pair of sand bags, filled with a walnut shell medium. The rest works fantastically well with a variety of weapons. Its easy to manage, not too heavy, and very stable. But let's allow the photos to tell the story:

Go see the pics.

And help arm the future of America.

Hey, it's for the children! Or at least one child.

Kid's got a pretty bright future ahead of her as an engineer if she can design smart stuff like that. Hope her dad is smart and gets the sketches for it to a patent attorney quick!

Back
Top Bottom