• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help, anyone in brockton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not entirely unrelated...how well does he do for himself driving for Uber? Always been curious about that.
It is good, quick example, i worked (1500-2330) this past Sunday and because of the super bowl made $325 take home (1099 no immediate taxes taken).

Why did the idiot lend his car to a thief to begin with? Did said idiot know thief?

The last time i personally lent my car to someone, i held onto a 1989 NCAA Mens basketball championship ring for collateral from an almost lifetime family friend. It was worth more than the car.

Why did the idiot lend his car to a thief to begin with? Did said idiot know thief?

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein.

- - - Updated - - -

The last time i personally lent my car to someone, i held onto a 1989 NCAA Mens basketball championship ring for collateral from an almost lifetime family friend. It was worth more than the car.

I have two friends to whom I'd loan my truck. One I've known 55 years, the other I've known 35 years.

The thief was known to almost everyone else at the party, why not ask one of them to use their car you may ask? Because they are NOT Idiots! Ha

I'm curious now - if this idiots car was actually stolen, never to be seen again, and knowing that he gave the keys to the thief, would he get anything from insurance? Or is he 100% screwed?

I can tell you never dealt with Brockton PD! They have a reputation to uphold.

Unless you are well connected politically there, if you call BPD to request that they do something they will more than likely hang up on you. Even if the car is found, reporting it to BPD will result in no action taken. That's just the way they are.

My Wife received a ticket in the Mail some 30 years ago, with no explanation. She called BPD to try to get info on what the ticket was for and they hung up on her TWICE! She finally had a lawyer friend check with the court to determine it was a speeding ticket from 9 months earlier.

A few years ago, I had some legal papers that had to be served on someone in a rehab clinic in Brockton. The clinic hung up on me after telling me that I couldn't do that. When I called a friend (police commissioner) he gave me a special phone number to call at BPD to arrange a meetup at the clinic, and he told me that if I called the dispatch number they would only hang up on me. The special number worked and they sent 2 officers to meet me and the clinic tried to prevent us from doing our job but that didn't work out for them.

Communism alive and well.

Last edited:
Uhhh...actually it's not, the police have a collective responsibility to protect society not a responsibility to protect the individual and this has been upheld by the courts on many occasions see: Warren v. District of Columbia, Gonzales v. Castle Rock et al.....

"We can't help you individually, we can only punish you individually." (Sounds like Chief Wiggum.)

Okay, so we know Jenny cheated but we aren't sure if Carly did, (maybe just some kisses).

Did Zack ever say where he parked the car?

Where's part 4?????????

Text messages are all well and good, but you'd think that the police would, I don't know, arrest the guy and ask him where the car is.

I'm curious now - if this idiots car was actually stolen, never to be seen again, and knowing that he gave the keys to the thief, would he get anything from insurance? Or is he 100% screwed?

It would still be stolen. He let him use it, not own it.

^^^ Stolen is stolen. If it's returned there's no damages it was a contracts issue.
How long was the permission to use it? Was it open ended? Was it to go to a specific address? At what point did the authorization end?

At some point it changes from a contracts case to conversion I'd guess, and that would depend on the judge. I imagine there's case law on this it can't possibly be uncommon.

I have to assume the theif is also looking at hit-and-run charges.

I like this thread. It makes me feel better about my problems and dumb choices I've made. I'm feeling pretty smart and lucky at the moment.

Late model Chevrolet.
Any chance the idiot has on star?
Pretty sure it has GPS anyway, and can be found that way.

HiZByuK.jpg

Last edited:
...Fast forward to yesterday and idiot gets a text that the car is in brockton, brockton police told the idiot that they would not go by and see if the car is there " if we checked for yours, we would have to check for everyones" is what idiot was supposedly told.
I have more than a full day of work today or i would take the trip to look.
I am asking for help from anyone that may be around to see if the car is actually there. It very well could be buried in a snow bank too...

Yesterday was a fricken snow storm and Brockton is hardly mayberry, I am neither surprised (or upset) that they wouldn't send a cruiser out looking for a car that "might" be there... They were busy with other things... Quite honestly let him/his friends go on the wild goose chase of where his car "might be", calling the PD seems like a waste of resources to me...

That said, if it is/was just sitting on some street some place it has probably been towed by now anyway. Virtually everyplace has some sort of "parking ban" right now and cars left on the side of road get towed pretty quick when the plows are out...

If your friend reports the car STOLEN, when it turns up (in Boston, Brockton, Wakefield, whereever) that PD will recover it and let him know.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a fricken snow storm and Brockton is hardly mayberry, I am neither surprised (or upset) that they wouldn't send a cruiser out looking for a car that "might" be there... They were busy with other things... Quite honestly let him/his friends go on the wild goose chase of where his car "might be", calling the PD seems like a waste of resources to me...

That said, if it is/was just sitting on some street some place it has probably been towed by now anyway. Virtually everyplace has some sort of "parking ban" right now and cars left on the side of road get towed pretty quick when they plows are out...

If your friend reports the car STOLEN, when it turns up (in Boston, Brockton, Wakefield, whereever) that PD will recover it and let him know.
This is a good point about the towing. Taxi/Uber would have been cheaper than the tow fees it's likely racked up

I wouldn't hesitate to let any of my friends borrow my truck without even asking where they're going or what they're doing.

I also don't bother having 'friends' that I'd need to worry about any of that.

Edit for clarity: My point is never let someone use your vehicle that you'd even have to think about worrying about it.

Run to the store from Wakefield, then ends up in east Boston and Brockton?

Just what kind of drugs did they send him out to get and why did he have to go any farther than Saugus to get them?

Reactions: AHM
In my clubbing days, a friend I knew let this kid we had just met use her car. Apparently he did a bunch of meth and 3 days later they found her car in Ohio, without the kid. True story. lol

So your friend (Idiot) lent his car to a his friend (Idiot2) who was going to a make a quick trip to the store, txt that car is in accident in Boston but is found in Brockton? Any details on how this happened yet?

did he actually file and sign a stolen vehicle report or just call the cops and tell them its stolen? If there isn't a signed report filed, then I can understand why the cops don't want to go looking for his LOST car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom