• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help a dummy out!

So I'm building my LTC class A license holding, AR15-hating father an AR15 in 22lr for xmas. Because ar15 and because of the lulz. I bought a complete upper and needed to remove the bayo lug. I accidentally dropped and broke the cheapo front sight (faux gas block) and need another. I've called all the local shops and nobody stocks them anymore. I went to Northeast Arms yesterday, but they closed early. Anyone have any idea where I might be able to find one this close to xmas without having to order online? Happy to pay top dollar for used take-offs. I'm in the newburyport area, but willing to drive. Help a guy out? do it for the lulz.

You need something with a sight or just something to hold the handguard in place? I have a big honkin' railed gasblock one. Weighs about ten pounds and is designed to be secured by set screws. If you run out of ammo, you could always put it in a sock and beat someone to death with it, lol.

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

Attachments

• img544f55cce5447.jpg
    img544f55cce5447.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 49
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 45
Is it a flat top?

Just buy a cheapo red dot for now, and worry about a front sight later.

You need something with a sight or just something to hold the handguard in place? I have a big honkin' railed gasblock one. Weighs about ten pounds and is designed to be secured by set screws. If you run out of ammo, you could always put it in a sock and beat someone to death with it, lol.

Something with a sight - yes. I appreciate the offer of the railed block, but I'm trying to get two birds with one stone in regard to the block and sight. Thanks anyway!

Wish i could help but i have no idea. I will be passing by papercity firearms tomorrow and see what they have. What exactly are you looking for

Just your standard ar15 front sight/gas block. Ideally one that has tension screws, but beggars can't be choosers!

Is it a flat top? Just buy a cheapo red dot for now, and worry about a front sight later.

I might just have to do this.

Good advice. Bushnell's on sale at various places for around $50.

Trying to get this thing wrapped up and under the tree so I'm trying to avoid shipping.

Give Dennis at First Defense Firearms a call. He might have one. Check his website for days/hours he's open.

I'll give him a shot tomorrow. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom