HELP A BROTHER

I’ve been doing a lot of research on planning a hunting trip in July or August of 2021. I’m a fishing nut and would like to get some fishing in as well. I understand that this is not the ideal time for fishing deep-sea fish but is it possible? Where should I go? Can anyone suggest outfitters? I would love to catch even one or two billfish or tuna.

What about fishing for tigers or other species of fish during that time of year?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

I’ve been doing a lot of research on planning a hunting trip in July or August of 2021. I’m a fishing nut and would like to get some fishing in as well. I understand that this is not the ideal time for fishing deep-sea fish but is it possible? Where should I go? Can anyone suggest outfitters? I would love to catch even one or two billfish or tuna.

What about fishing for tigers or other species of fish during that time of year?

Thank you in advance for any advice.
What are you hunting in July and August?

Around these parts all you are gonna catch are dogs that time of year unless you shell out big bucks for a private charter that goes way out. After Mid June the local fishing sucks
Meh, striper fishing right in Boston harbor is pretty good in August fluke is also ok nothing huge. Not super exciting but you can do well enough. Agreed it would be a blast to shell out the dough for a tuna charter.

OP, I’ve been out many times on this charter. It’s cheap the captain is a little salty pro 2a guy though so just your typical. Out of Quincy that time of year.

Captiva Island you say? Oh I am definitely going to give him a try next time I’m there.
Check out his personal page for more pictures,

Check out his personal page for more pictures,
Thanks! but Facebook is banned round these parts. Not even for fishing photos. But fear not, he had me at captiva. Already archived for future trips to paradise.

Are you up for traveling? Ever gone for redfish (red drum) in the gulf? They top strike, fight like hell, are beautiful, and taste great. Can roll around in the marshes and go after little males balling up in the holes or get out in the gulf and yank 40” monsters out of spawning schools. Real good time. I think spawning starts in August.

Meh, striper fishing right in Boston harbor is pretty good in August fluke is also ok nothing huge. Not super exciting but you can do well enough. Agreed it would be a blast to shell out the dough for a tuna charter.
Thank you, fishing in August is fine for me, I just want to get the best experience and catch big fishes. Boston Harbor sounds cool, only been there a couple of times and I have never fished there in the past.

Are you up for traveling? Ever gone for redfish (red drum) in the gulf? They top strike, fight like hell, are beautiful, and taste great. Can roll around in the marshes and go after little males balling up in the holes or get out in the gulf and yank 40” monsters out of spawning schools. Real good time. I think spawning starts in August.
Yes, I am open to traveling, like I said I just want to get the best fish hunting experience, and fishing is in August is not a bad idea for me. Spawning sounds like a whole new experience I should try. How many times have you fished redfish?

Yes, I am open to traveling, like I said I just want to get the best fish hunting experience, and fishing is in August is not a bad idea for me. Spawning sounds like a whole new experience I should try. How many times have you fished redfish?
Been down there three times. Three to five day trips all in September, but I think that’s on the late side for redfish. Once with a guide, the rest on private boats. Bayou Lafourche area, off Port Fourchon/Grand Isle, marshes around Clovelly Farms and between the Lafourche and Mississippi rivers. Don’t wear your favorite trunks when going for the big guys out in the gulf. They jiz when you land them and that goop will not wash out ever.
The schools are tough to close on to within casting distance. We figured the directions of the current, wind, and guessed at the school movement then positioned the boat so we’d drift in to them. Chumed the water around the boat too. Once you are where you can cast in to them you’ll have fish on before your lure hits the water. The whole school boils and makes the sea look red too. It’s really f***ing cool!

I'm pretty sure tigers are in the Serengeti, not the local bass-pond or the Canal.

Still really confused by the first post. July/Aug hunt. Hunt WHAT???? Clearly not FISH as he said because it's "I'm gonna hunt and want to add on fishing." Well. . . . . . ummm. . . . . . . . . have you considered jigging for polar bears in Equador?

Try Sebec Lake then.

Been down there three times. Three to five day trips all in September, but I think that’s on the late side for redfish. Once with a guide, the rest on private boats. Bayou Lafourche area, off Port Fourchon/Grand Isle, marshes around Clovelly Farms and between the Lafourche and Mississippi rivers. Don’t wear your favorite trunks when going for the big guys out in the gulf. They jiz when you land them and that goop will not wash out ever.
The schools are tough to close on to within casting distance. We figured the directions of the current, wind, and guessed at the school movement then positioned the boat so we’d drift in to them. Chumed the water around the boat too. Once you are where you can cast in to them you’ll have fish on before your lure hits the water. The whole school boils and makes the sea look red too. It’s really f***ing cool!
Thanks for the information, sounds so cool. I will definitely look into it. I can't wait to have great fun and time.

Back
Top Bottom