• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help! 9mm ammo question.

Complete noob here.

I bought a sw mp 9c from jay chris a few weeks ago and need ammo. Called a place in Attleboro named northeast trading supply and they said they have 9mm Luger for 11$/bx. That seems cheap and the girl was unsure whether it would work in my gun. Is it the right ammo for me? Fs said 9mm ammo was 17.99 when I called.

Your gun takes 9mm Luger (9x19mm). $11 for a box of 50 is about right for some cheapish plinking rounds. Winchester white box (WWB) at walmart has been selling for about $20/100, Dicks has been selling Remington UMC for about $13/50. The defensive 9mm ammo is more expensive.

Prices are going up all over. When I started shooting 9mm in Nov I was getting UMC for $7/50!

it wasn't even too long ago that we were at the harvard range and you and aaron burned that whole pack of UMC 9mm... i couldn't fathom shooting 200 rounds in one day now with prices going up and shelves remaining empty. [sad]

Complete noob here.

I bought a sw mp 9c from jay chris a few weeks ago and need ammo. Called a place in Attleboro named northeast trading supply and they said they have 9mm Luger for 11$/bx. That seems cheap and the girl was unsure whether it would work in my gun. Is it the right ammo for me? Fs said 9mm ammo was 17.99 when I called.

many people on this forum will not shop at NET.

ZHA had some blazer in stock for $10/11 per box of 50 last time I was in.

What's up with 4 Seasons lately? Winchester was $19.99 last last week. I thought it was for the 100 value packs. It wasn't.

Been shopping at Walmart/ZHA for ammo since...

WARNING!!!

P+ 9mm are NOT the same as 9mm Luger...

The P+ rounds push out much more pressure than a normal 9mm, and you gun has to be constructed for that pressure. Don't just shoot that ammo before first checking with your gun manufacturer about it's capabilities.

Gun/frame/slide cracking might not show up immediately. You do not want to have a gun "come part" while you re shooting it.

Check you gun's manufacturer to see if it's OK to shoot the +P (actually P+) in your particular gun.

Supreme elite 9mm Luger+p x 1bx 18.69
9mm Luger range ammo 11.69 x 2bx

How'd I make out?

Thanks for the help everyone

WARNING!!!

P+ 9mm are NOT the same as 9mm Luger...

The P+ rounds push out much more pressure than a normal 9mm, and you gun has to be constructed for that pressure. Don't just shoot that ammo before first checking with your gun manufacturer about it's capabilities.

Gun/frame/slide cracking might not show up immediately. You do not want to have a gun "come part" while you re shooting it.

Check you gun's manufacturer to see if it's OK to shoot the +P (actually P+) in your particular gun.

The M&P is rated for +P ammo. They recommend against +P+ IIRC but don't prohibit it outright.

Back
Top Bottom