• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hells Angels

Friday, January 11, 2008
Hells Angel pleads guilty; sentencing set

Charge: being a felon in possession of ammunition

By Lee Hammel TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF
[email protected]

BOSTON— A member of the Hells Angels motorcycle club — charged in several Worcester area incidents — pleaded guilty yesterday in U.S. District Court to being a felon in possession of ammunition.

Russell Sinkis, 37, of 45 Oxford St., Auburn, changed his plea, without benefit of a plea bargain with the U.S. Attorney’s office. Judge F. Dennis Saylor IV set sentencing for April 3.

The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Christopher F. Bator. Mr. Sinkis has been in custody since his arrest April 24, with Magistrate Judge Timothy S. Hillman determining that he is a danger to the community.

Mr. Sinkis admitted to the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that he went to the Boston Gun Range in Worcester Oct. 28, 2006, with two women, rented a Smith & Wesson pistol there, bought ammunition and shot it. Mr. Sinkis is not charged with illegal possession of the firearm because the government can prove that the ammunition, which was manufactured outside of Massachusetts, crossed state lines, but not the firearm, which was made in Massachusetts.

Judge Hillman refused bail after finding Mr. Sinkis a threat to obstruct justice, particularly in regard to attempt to intimidating witnesses. The magistrate judge found that three women whom he allegedly hit have taken out restraining orders against him. Although no charges have been filed, two sources told law enforcement agents that Mr. Sinkis severely beat a man who falsely claimed to be a member of the Hells Angels while at a tattoo convention in Worcester, said Judge Hillman, saying that Mr. Sinkis is a member of the Hells Angels.

Mr. Sinkis was convicted in 2005, in Dudley District Court, of assault and battery and two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. He was incarcerated for 60 days after being placed on two years’ probation and then violating probation. He also was placed on probation for two years after being charged with assault and battery and threatening on Feb. 12, 2007.

Mr. Sinkis worked part time as a disc jockey at a Centerfolds strip club during the month before his most recent arrest. He was married from 2001 to 2005, and paid child support for two children, but was $2,600 in arrears when arrested, Judge Hillman found.

James J. Gribouski, of Glickman, Sugarman, Kneeland & Gribouski in Worcester, is defending Mr. Sinkis

Mr. Sinkis was convicted in 2005, in Dudley District Court, of assault and battery and two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. He was incarcerated for 60 days after being placed on two years’ probation and then violating probation. He also was placed on probation for two years after being charged with assault and battery and threatening on Feb. 12, 2007.

Just keep putting him on probation MA, I'm sure it will all work out. [thinking]

Mr. Sinkis is not charged with illegal possession of the firearm because the government can prove that the ammunition, which was manufactured outside of Massachusetts, crossed state lines, but not the firearm, which was made in Massachusetts.

So, you can possess a gun in MA without a license as long as the gun was manufactured in MA???

Is that what this is saying or am I missing something here?

Just to clarify, I'm not asking if the first question is true, I'm just wondering what this sentence really means.

Last edited:
So, you can possess a gun in MA without a license as long as the gun was manufactured in MA???

Is that what this is saying or am I missing something here?

Just to clarify, I'm not asking if the first question is true, I'm just wondering what this sentence really means.

Feds couldnt charge him with transport over state lines for the gun but the ammo was brought in from another state. BATF will not charge you with illegal posession of a firearm in MA if manufactured in Ma but the MA AG sure as hell will
Mr. Sinkis is not charged with illegal possession of the firearm because the government can prove that the ammunition, which was manufactured outside of Massachusetts, crossed state lines, but not the firearm, which was made in Massachusetts.

Feds couldnt charge him with transport over state lines for the gun but the ammo was brought in from another state. BATF will not charge you with illegal posession of a firearm in MA if manufactured in Ma but the MA AG sure as hell will

What would the MA AG want with this guy? He's a criminal, they just let those guys go on gun charges.

Ok...so you can poss. a Firearm as a convicted felon..aslong as it was manufactered in Ma
???? HUH!
But don't touch the ammo ..that the gun range bought and sold to you..because they got it from out of state!!!!

I just don't understand!!

Ok...so you can poss. a Firearm as a convicted felon..aslong as it was manufactered in Ma
???? HUH!
But don't touch the ammo ..that the gun range bought and sold to you..because they got it from out of state!!!!

I just don't understand!!

The Feds can't prosecute you for possession of a firearm that was manufactured in the same state that you possess it in. If it hasn't crossed state lines, the feds have no jurisdiction over it.

The Hells Angels have more pull than the average Joe on the street convicted of the same crimes.
Long gone are the days of the Goodfellas only type mob. I'm not saying the Angels are mobsters ( I don't know who reads these threads[hmmm] ) but today's organized crime comes in all different shapes and colors including every day people you may pass on the street and never suspect.

IIRC, aren't most guns sold manufacturer to distributor, distributor to FFL, FFL to person, etc. etc.? I think just being manufactured in MA isn't enough, it depends on where the distributor was, but I'm sure the ATF would've charged him if they could.

Sounds like the newsies f-ed things up again.

Back
Top Bottom