Hello

Hello to all . My name is Travis I am (just turned 41 ) and a Mainer. I was born here but as my father was in the Navy traveled the world in my younger years. I am what most would call a gun nut and I do not take offense to the term. I am a amateur gunsmith working to become a pro. I spend the majority of my time either shooting or thinking about shooting. To me there is nothing better then a day of shooting or hunting. My dream in life is to invent a endless magazine so one could shoot all day without ever having to reload so far I have been unsuccessful in this endeavor. I live in Machias with my lovely wife who tolerates my obsession. I have a daughter 23 and a grandson 1.8 years who is the pride of my life. He already owns 12 firearms and I have a NFA trust leaving all my "toys" to him. I hope he likes shooting cause if he don't I am not sure what I will do. O yes I have two dogs one black lab who is very old and does not do much anymore and a chocolate lab who enjoys bird hunting as much as I do. Well that about it for me. I hope to be a part of this site as it looks like my kind of place.

Welcome Travis. There are many great people here and a lot of knowledge and good will to share. I recommend that you sign up for a membership, or "go green" as it is called. It is inexpensive and well worth the investment. See you around!!

Welcome Travis, I'm confident that you will feel right at home here.

Welcome aboard~ Have you checked out our friends at Pleasant River Fish & Game in Columbia Falls? I stayed at the Riverside Inn in E. Machais a few weekends ago and visit the Blueberry Festival every yeah from the othah Maine.

Would that happen to be the Blueberry Festival A.K.A. the Union Fair? I've been going to the Union Fair/Blueberry Festival every year since 1992.
Though, given that blueberries are a big thing in Maine, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there was more than one "Blueberry Festival".

Hello - I just joined NE Shooters today, and have been actively shooting for a little over a month. 57 years old, grown children, and a dog that most would mistake for a small rabbit. Live in the Woburn area, and received my LTC in March. Have always loved guns and shooting, and purchased my first one - Remington 1100 - in 1979 (seems like yesterday). A month ago I purchased a S&W MP9 which I really like, and just this week a KAHR PM9, also love it !!!! Shot often at mass Rifle in Woburn. Looking forward to enjoying my new "hobby" with a passion I have not felt in a while. Enjoy the weekend, Johnny
PS - Any recommendations on IWB or pocket holster for PM9 ???? Thanks.

[thumbsup]
Welcome Travis. I was born in Maine also. Houlton, up in "the county". I plan on spending a lot of time there when I retire. But, not the winters.
Go green, it's much more fun.

Back
Top Bottom