Hello

I know this tread is a little dated, but since I'm in the same town as the OP, I thought I'd add what I found in the Woonsocket City Code, chapter 14.

Disorderly conduct prohibited: A person shall be guilty of disorderly conduct if, with the purpose of causing public danger, alarm, disorder, nuisance, or if his conduct is likely to cause public danger, alarm, disorder or nuisance and he willfully does any of the following acts in a public place:

(u) Displays any deadly weapon in a public place in a manner which is calculated to alarm or frighten other persons present;
Sec. 14-8. Discharge of rifles, pistols or air guns.

No person, except police officers in line of duty and military officers in line of duty, shall discharge any rifle, pistol or air gun loaded with ball, bullets or slug within the borders of the city.
(Ch. No. 2526, Sec. 3, 5-4-70)

State law references--Weapons generally, G.L. 1956, Sec. 11-47-1 et seq.; firing across highways prohibited, G.L. 1956, Sec. 11-47-49; firing without landowner's permission--firing in compact area, G.L. 1956, Sec. 11-47-50.

My dad used to say to me, "Son, you can do anything you want........at least once." I think that advice may apply to this question. While you can carry on your property, if it's open and can be seen by the public, then I guess it would be a matter of interpretation of chapter 14-u. However, keep it concealed and there's no harm, no foul.

Back
Top Bottom