• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hello!

TonyD said:
Lynne said:
TonyD said:
That's a mighty short gun. [wink]

Aye - that is it. It's a cut down Enfield muskatoon (an original) that was used primarily by the cavalry as it's easier to load on horseback. Those 3 banders are a bit too long to get a round in when you're galloping after blue suits. [lol]

Improvise, adapt and overcome!

We did! Ergo the muskatoons. [lol]

Lynne said:
LenS said:
Tony, that's the only SBR that they'll let us have in PRM! [evil]

[Perhaps I'm just joking. I don't honestly know if SBRs are allowed in PRM, but I would doubt it.]

In the PRofM, black powder rifles are the only firearm that you don't need a license to buy or to own or have a trigger lock on, however, you need a license to buy the powder. I'm pretty decent shooting round ball at 50 yds with one. :D And before anyone panics - we only use blanks at the events. [lol]

Somewhere between 20 and 25 years ago I built a Thompson Center .50 cal Hawkins rifle from a kit. I used to deer hunt with it. More accurate than I could have imagined. Wish I still had it.

pattycakes said:
You've built a nice place here. Patty

Patty,

To add to Tony's response. Derek got so disgusted with some of the goings on on <another board that we are familiar with> that he built this place and asked Tony and I to help him manage it.

We are DETERMINED to keep it a fun, clean place without some of the problems seen elsewhere. That's why we selectively invited people of like minds, so we don't need to "moderate" a bunch of children.

Enjoy!

I think alot of us got disgusted with it. I'm still not there as often as I used to be. I invited Patty here because she is like minded. She'll also give as good as she gets too. :D

Well, I have to say that I engaged in a conversation or two with a particular Marine that didn't seem to see things eye-to-eye that I'm not particularly proud of.

TonyD said:
Somewhere between 20 and 25 years ago I built a Thompson Center .50 cal Hawkins rifle from a kit. I used to deer hunt with it. More accurate than I could have imagined. Wish I still had it.

Although I don't hunt, (politicians yes, deer no [lol] ) I know a couple guys who only use BP to hunt with. They both said they shoot better with it than they did when they were using their hunting rifles (although I don't know what they had used before), so I'm not surprised.

TonyD said:
Well, I have to say that I engaged in a conversation or two with a particular Marine that didn't seem to see things eye-to-eye that I'm not particularly proud of.

That guy is an asshat plain and simple. And when he got called to the table he disappeared. And other than the occasional "bullshit" your posts were tactful.

derek said:
TonyD said:

That guy is an asshat plain and simple. And when he got called to the table he disappeared. And other than the occasional "bullshit" your posts were tactful.

There's a few of them around (and thankfully few of them former or current military). As Len knows, I wasn't on any other boards like this, but I was part of an email dist list. It used to be a good one, but something changed (and as you've seen Len, there's still folks there who "Don't get it", but I digress). I honestly don't know why I haven't unsub'd from it yet...maybe it's because it reminds me that there's only a real few of us who do something to fight for our rights... ah well. It's definately a blood pressure booster.

Thank you Derek for starting this, and Tony, Len and Brent(?) for keeping it up. I invited a friend too (where are you Kris??) but he might be a bit too busy to jump in right now.

derek said:
TonyD said:

Thanx, D.

Lynne said:
TonyD said:

Although I don't hunt, (politicians yes, deer no [lol] ) I know a couple guys who only use BP to hunt with. They both said they shoot better with it than they did when they were using their hunting rifles (although I don't know what they had used before), so I'm not surprised.

Actually, I grew up in the midwest and deer hunting could only be done with a bow, BP rifle and shotgun. I hunted with a bow and BP.

MrsWildweasel said:
Would this be a particular thread I'd remember???

There was actually several. As much as it pained me to disagree with a fellow Marine, Derek's correct, he's an asshat. Tried to portray the everything the Corps is doing was his idea and supporting a decrease in Marine marksmanship training.

Lynne said:
I know a couple guys who only use BP to hunt with. They both said they shoot better with it than they did when they were using their hunting rifles (although I don't know what they had used before), so I'm not surprised.

Lynne, if one of them is Don Kusser, it must have been a blow-gun. They hadn't invented rifles back when Don started hunting! [twisted] He really is much, much older than he looks! :p

LenS said:
Lynne said:
I know a couple guys who only use BP to hunt with. They both said they shoot better with it than they did when they were using their hunting rifles (although I don't know what they had used before), so I'm not surprised.

Lynne, if one of them is Don Kusser, it must have been a blow-gun. They hadn't invented rifles back when Don started hunting! [twisted] He really is much, much older than he looks! :p

Okay, make that 3 guys now. :) No, I wasn't talking about Don. It's one guy from our club and the other from the public shooting range we go to.

I don't think that Don has ever held a cartridge rifle in his hands! He keeps jiving me that smoke-poles are the only real rifles out there. [twisted]

Unfortunately there a quite afew over there. I try to stay out of the threads I know will just turn into a pissing match,or the neanderthal knuckle dragging ones. They just raise my blood pressure. I do appreciate this board. I have one other board where they tolerate me but it is no nonsense and you piss in their sandbox you are gone.

MrsWildweasel said:
Unfortunately there a quite afew over there. I try to stay out of the threads I know will just turn into a pissing match,or the neanderthal knuckle dragging ones. They just raise my blood pressure. I do appreciate this board. I have one other board where they tolerate me but it is no nonsense and you piss in their sandbox you are gone.

Well, if you do that here, just scratch some dry sand over the top. [wink]

I hate the fact there is a lot of un-tapped knowledge over there. However, asshat's ruin it. I think we're getting good folks here with the right temperment.

TonyD said:
I hate the fact there is a lot of un-tapped knowledge over there. However, asshat's ruin it. I think we're getting good folks here with the right temperment.

You haven't seen me with PMS yet.
[lol] [lol] [lol]

Lynne said:
TonyD said:

You haven't seen me with PMS yet.
[lol] [lol] [lol]

I'm going to go duck down in my well constructed fighting hole now and weather the fall-out.

My husband always said I could clear the house. [twisted] I am also one of those it takes along time for me to get mad,but when I do oh look out.

MrsWildweasel said:
My husband always said I could clear the house. [twisted] I am also one of those it takes along time for me to get mad,but when I do oh look out.

Yeah - that's me too...unless I'm talking to a liberal, then <snap fingers> I'm there! [lol] And don't worry Tony, I don't throw things. I only bite. Since you're in GA, my teeth aren't that long. [lol] [lol]

Back
Top Bottom