• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hello New to Northeast shooters

Hey everyone my Name is John I am new to Northeast shooters, I live in West Boylston Ma and found the site by researching stuff online. I am knew to guns but have done some target practice from time to time but recently decided to try and get my class A to carry. I did have a few questions for you guy's if you don't mid. Like I mentioned earlier I am pretty new to the world of guns I have signed up for the required firearms course required to get my license and filled out the required paperwork. I have been researching guns and safes online as well as magazines I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good gun shop in the area that might have some good used and new guns that are not a complete ripoff, The only place I know of is in Shrewsbury MA but from what I have heard it seems best to stay away. Firsts an foremost I want to get a good safe because I am a father of 2 and want to make sure I get a good safe to ensure the will not be able to gain access but also want to make accessabilty easy for myself I was thinking of staying away from safes with keys and battery powered. Well I think I have asked enough question for now but thanks for your time and again nice to meet you all., Thanks John

Safes -

If you want to high end "gun safes" go to Eastern Security in Mendon. If you want a very basic safe, go to Dicks, Lowes, etc. If you want a real jewelery store grade safe and want to spend many thousands, go to a place like Mancini safe or Boston Safe & Lock.

There are numerous dealers on this forum who can help. A big volume, small square ft, store with decent prices and selection is Four Seasons in Woburn (www.fsguns.com). There are other decent stores run by honorable people as well - with many of the proprietors right here on NES.

rob

For shops, first two I think of are First Defense down in Uxbridge and Blue Northern in Ayer. Eastern Security Safe in Mendon took care of my dad when he needed a safe.

You have a great place right in West B. Head over to Waynes Weaponry he's right where the overpass is crossing into Holden. Great guy.

Welcome to the site! I think you'll like it here. For shops I would also recommend Four Seasons in Woburn and Coin Collectors in Stoneham. They are sort of far from you, though and I don't have a clue what's by you. I think you're on the right track with the safe. How old are your kids? If they are 8-10 or older, I would also say that you should talk openly and honestly about the guns with them. Let them hold them, teach them about safety. Demystify them. If they're familiar with the guns, they won't be curious to try to get at them. It will be "no big deal".

Welcome man! There is gun shops in Shrewsbury, Worcester, and one in Hudson as well. Search previous threads or the list on this site for the list of all the local gun shops.

FOr your location definitely check out Wayne's Weaponry, but if you are willing to make the trip, go to Four Seasons gun shop in Woburn or North Shore FIrearms in Middleton, MA. For safes, go to Eastern Security in Mendon, MA.

I live on Cape Cod and the trip to four seasons is worth it. I usually also head by collectors and north shore while I am in the area.

Welcome. I think you'll find Bob's Gun and Archery in Webster and also Sparky's in Webster are both decent stores. Both are less than a mile off exit 2 of rt 395 (rt290 turns into 395 once your beyond Aurburn.) You can make it to either store in about 10-15 minutes from Worcester in normal traffic. From the north turn left at the end of the ramp for Bob's or right for Sparky's. Sparky's is in the plaza on the right after the light. Bobs is very well stocked and also has full lines of ammo, archery, fishing, and hunting clothes. Bob is one of the friendly helpful kinda guys. You won't get any creepy stares...unless you really deserve them! Sparky can seem a little distant at times but he's really a great guy. Another place to try is Tombstone Trading out in Brookfield.

Fin & Feather in Upton is an interesting store. Stoney Acres in Sutton has a good rep.

The Gun Room in Shrewsbury isn't always bad. They have good inventory. Prices are...well...not always bad. You can make offers at any store if you think the price is too high. Deal with the younger employees there.

If Mendon is too far for a safe Lowe's carries some...got a bunch of friends to help you move one? Joe's Lock and Safe on Green Street (I think) in Worcester has, moves, and installs safes.

Back
Top Bottom