• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hello , I am new here......

Just wanted to say hi and hope to talk to you all shortly. [smile] By the way , I am looking for a new carry pistol , probably a walther p22 , you guys like ? Thanks again.

esaintboy,

Welcome to the boards. I learned a great deal of valuable information here.
While P22 is a great pistol for plinking and introducing new shooters, I would NOT recommend it for carry. First of all, 0.22LR caliber is generally considered too weak for self defense. In addition, I feel the P22 is not made rugged enough to be relied upon in an emergency. In addition the front sights are designed to be held in place by friction alone.
I carry P99C and find it a good compact firearm. Definitely worth a look. It has Walther ergonomics but is designed as a combat firearm.

Andrew.

Welcome!

I'll echo andy t's view here about the P22. My wife has one and enjoys shooting it, but it's not for self defense. It's used just as a range pistol, plinking and casual target. It has it's reliability quirks and it's a .22, both are enough to remove from my list for a self defense pistol.

Kahr, Walther and Kel-tec, to name a few, all have small 9mm or .380 pistols that would probably be better suited for carry. Good luck in your search.

CD

Yes we do !!! I figured the .22 wouldn't be sufficient , thanks guys. I have tried carrying my ruger gp-100 , too big. I will look into some others , thanks again guys. [grin]

Yes we do !!! I figured the .22 wouldn't be sufficient , thanks guys. I have tried carrying my ruger gp-100 , too big. I will look into some others , thanks again guys. [grin]

Welcome!

Fortunately, there are lots of choices. Several threads on this topic in the Hardware forum with lots of good suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom