• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hello all (Machine Gun License)

Hello everyone,
just joined up and thought I would say hi. Name is Rob and I live in Northfield, Ma and thought it would be interesting in chatting with shooters in the New England area.

34 years old and I am in the process of transfering a "Ruger AC 556F" Machine Gun to my name through my dealer. Just wondering how many fellow MA shooters here have their "resident License to posses a Machine Gun".
I just got mine last month from my local Cheif so I can get this weapon.

Looking forward to the transfers going through. Been a shooter all my life and always wanted to purchase a MG but never invested the time in getting the MG license because I always thought they were next to impossible to get.
I guess I got lucky.
anyways, just thought I would say hello and look forward to chatting with you guys.
Rob

Welcome and do you need a shooting partner :p

Congrats on the MG license make sure to drop us a pic of the Ruger when you get it in.

thanks guys...
sure I will take any shooting partners I can. Been shooting for 20 years and my wife HATES guns (figures I married her[smile]) and its always nice to find people that share your hobbies.

I dont have the weapon yet as its in the dealers and ATF's hands right now going through the nescessary transfers but here is a Pic I snapped of it.

Always wanted one of the full autos of this gun but never had the MG license up until now.

5150rob

these are 2 other "regular" pre ban Mini 14s I have had since the early 80's.

The classic, "A-Team" gun as you can see... ha ha...

but yeah the AC 556 will be fun to shoot....
5150rob

sorry...

didnt mean to send my whole "freakin Photo album!!!"

what an idiot I am sometimes....[smile][rofl]

oh well... enjoy the family photos[rolleyes]

Your are going to be one happy camper with that :)
Thanks for sharing the pic - your going to fit in real nice over here.

Yeah I belong to AR15.com and thats a cool place for sure but there dont seem to be any responses to my posts when I ask if anyone is from MA you know?

Its always nice to chat with people who live in your state so you can talk about current laws and whats going on there and possibly meet people at shoots etc.

Its funny because I read all these posts from guys over there from Texas, New Hampshire (will be moving there real soon btw....[smile]) and these guys are buying Machine Guns, Silencers, SBR, SBS, Destructive devises and its like, "Damn man" whats up that??? [smile] I would LOVE to live there.

but yeah I struck it lucky with this MG license so I can get this rifle so I should not complain... I have always wanted one of them so life is good.

Rob

Welcome to the forum. Hope the transaction goes smoothly and the purchase is enjoyable. A mg permit is on my to do list if I ever hit the lotto, guess I should start buying tickets. [smile]

I have always wanted to take a stab at the MG license but never really thought I could get it.
Then a buddy of mine offered me his Ruger AC 556 K (blued original folding stock 13 inch barrel) for 3 grand. The gun is in MINT condition and its a 1982 era transferable weapon so its good to go. I see those guns all the time going for 6 to 7K and when he offered it to me I was like,
"ok I cant NOT take a shot at this. I have to give it a try."
then I went and spoke with my Cheif of Police about the possibility of getting the MG license who I have known since I was a little kid and he was great and treated me very, very well.
Look forward to the new toy.

Sweet Gun! and welcome to NES... a word of caution... this group will feed into your habbit and only make it worse [smile]

I stumbled on to the sight by accident and didnt have a LTC or anything...

A couple of grand later... and I now have new friends, guns and well... guns. [smile]

Really a great buch of folks here though.

Oh, And Im a big fan of the mini 14 too [wink]

Sweet Gun! and welcome to NES... a word of caution... this group will feed into your habbit and only make it worse [smile]

I stumbled on to the sight by accident and didnt have a LTC or anything...

A couple of grand later... and I now have new friends, guns and well... guns. [smile]

Really a great buch of folks here though.

Oh, And Im a big fan of the mini 14 too [wink]

+1 and Welcome!

yeah I am sure my wallet is not going to get any fatter on this list after seeing some of the toys you guys have.

ha ha.. I am sure you guys will feed my habit rather nicely...[smile]

Back
Top Bottom