• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Helicon-Tex Numbat Chest Pack

beaker

NES Member
I picked up a Numbat chest pack as part of my get home gear, or something I could use if I start hiking, which in on the list of things I want to do. I wanted something that would hold essential survival stuff and a firearm in an easily accessible place, but not in a way that would draw any attention to myself.

I have some other Helicon-Tex gear, and it is quite outstanding stuff. They are out of Poland. I have their swagman roll, and military poncho, they are both outstanding.

The chest pack is very comfortable to wear, and easy to put on as it uses clips, even if you are a bigger guy. It has a lot of stuff in it and I still need to put some a few more items in there, but there shouldn't be any issues. It conceals the Sig P365 and one extra mag perfectly in the rear concealment compartment using a Maxpedition holster/mag accessory. I could easily add a third mag in the rear compartment behind the divider/organizer/map holder. I give it high marks, it can hold way more than one would think and is very well built.

It has molle attachments along the bottom and center, plus other attachment loops, and on the bottom has a shock cord system for adding items underneath. I will likely distribute items a little better using many of the unused pockets and stretch loops so it isn't quite so pregnant looking, but it is just fine as it is.

NUMBAT_1.jpg NUMBAT_2.jpg NUMBAT_3.jpg NUMBAT_4.jpg

Looks very similar to the Hill People Gear chest pack. Something I’d like to get myself one of these days for hiking.

Looks very similar to the Hill People Gear chest pack. Something I’d like to get myself one of these days for hiking.

The HPG kit bags are purpose-built to hold a pistol, and as a result don’t have the volume or level of internal organization shown here.

That being said, the HPG kit bags are a great piece of kit even if you don’t use them to hold your roscoe. I have the ‘recon’ (traditional PALS webbing out front) version, and use it regularly for a variety of activity types.

I also have one of their backpacks and belts, and like all of them.

Back
Top Bottom