Held a Sig P238 today

Not sure of the weight comparison and total length specs compared to your other choice but I have been extremely happy with my Ruger SR9c. You get 10 rounds of 9mm in it. I have used both Crossbreed Supertuck and Comp-tac M-tac style IWB holsters and they are both awesome holsters for daily carry, good concealment.

If you wanted to shoot my Ruger I could meet up at a club for you.

I agree..love my SR9C...currently carrying IWB with a cheap Elite (till i can get my Supertuck) and it carries well.

LCP looks tiny. I didn't take one out of the display to hold but it looked really small. I didn't see a BG380 or a SR9C. They were both sold out at the shop I was at today. I have also yet to see the PM9 somewhere.

I don't really want to lean towards the P238 yet because I haven't shot it yet but it's sooo beautiful. The rosewood looks really nice. I'll get to shoot one next week. If it feels great and shoots nicely, I will probably get this once I get my license.

I'm fa sure leaning towards getting a Crossbreed Minituck or Microclip. Have heard nothing but great things about those holsters.

And thanks Dirtypacman for the invite to shoot your Ruger and thanks everyone for their input and comments so far. Please keep (them) coming [grin]

Women's pants do not have the same size as men's pockets in most cases. So PANTS pocket carrying is out for most women for most pants they're going to wear.

And ya, you can't go wrong with Crossbreed, Kramer etc. for a holster.

Women's pants do not have the same size as men's pockets in most cases. So PANTS pocket carrying is out for most women for most pants they're going to wear.

And ya, you can't go wrong with Crossbreed, Kramer etc. for a holster.

Yeah, I can only keep about 2/3 of my iPhone fully in my pocket. It always looks like its going to fall out. Look like I can only fit my fingers in my pockets, not even my whole hand.

IWB carry would be fine, I don't want to pocket anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can only keep about 2/3 of my iPhone fully in my pocket. It always looks like its going to fall out. Look like I can only fit my fingers in my pockets, not even my whole hand.

IWB carry would be fine, I don't want to pocket anything.

Sounds to me like this is your only option then.
stephderringer.jpg

Check out Faliaphotography on youtube for some great carry videos. Also look into the Remora as a holster for times when the crossbread etc. won't cut it.

That AR looks like a it is a .50BMG in your hands

Check out Faliaphotography on youtube for some great carry videos. Also look into the Remora as a holster for times when the crossbread etc. won't cut it.

That's a great suggestion since that girl is pretty small framed and shows her concealment methods. I watched that one on the Remora, and it was great. I have one, and it sees more use than my Crossbreed these days.

[QUOTE/]=....I didn't see a BG380 or a SR9C. They were both sold out at the shop I was at today. I have also yet to see the PM9 somewhere.=[/QUOTE]

Get to Woburn, go into Four Seasons.......took me over an hour to get there, but well worth the trip...If you end up liking the SR9C, they're running a special where they throw in a third mag (comes with 2) and it's a full size with a grip extender for full size grip when you want it...

I actually did find her videos last night and they gave some great suggestions.

I doubt she is as small I am lol

[QUOTE/]=....I didn't see a BG380 or a SR9C. They were both sold out at the shop I was at today. I have also yet to see the PM9 somewhere.=

Get to Woburn, go into Four Seasons.......took me over an hour to get there, but well worth the trip...If you end up liking the SR9C, they're running a special where they throw in a third mag (comes with 2) and it's a full size with a grip extender for full size grip when you want it...[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'll need to make it over to Four Seasons sometime, as well as all the other shops I've been hearing about :)

I love carrying my Sig P238 as a back up. I carry it in a pocket with a pocket holster. I always forget it is there. It is a bit easier to carry than my SW 442 revolver, but both of them work well.

I'm fortunate enough to be hands-on with SIG Sauer products on a daily basis. The P238 is a fine gun. There are other guns out there that might be a tad lighter, fire a larger round or be less expensive. But, I doubt you will find a gun that is so well rounded for it's intended purpose. I would expect this gun to provide a lifetime of dependable use.

I carry a p238 in a crossbead mini tuck and love it. It's small and easy to conceal. But feels solid and is accurate as hell. For me it's about having a CC that is comfortable enough to wear. I know people say it should be a comfort not comfortable, but for me it has to be both or forget it.

I've shot the p238 and liked it, I think it's a good looking, well made gun. I like the fact that it's not plastic, what I don't like is the price of .380. So my cheapness wins out, and I carry either a S&W stainless 908 (9mm) in a Crossbreed Supertuck, or throw a Beretta 21a (.22) in one of my pockets.

Out of all the guns folks have suggested, I'd vote for the p238. I have to admit that some days I'm still tempted to get one.

My wife has a BG 380. It's been back to the factory twice now. First time was for a loose take-down pin after about 400 rounds (they replaced the entire gun) second time was because something came loose in the laser mount and locked the slide closed after about 900 rounds (they replaced the laser). She is very accurate with it and it's super concealable but I wouldn't want to have to count on it as a primary.

minininjer:2160719 said:
I'm fa sure leaning towards getting a Crossbreed Minituck or Microclip. Have heard nothing but great things about those holsters.]

What is going to work for you will of course be very personal, but I have found that holsters with a single belt clip perform much worse than a two clip. With a single clip, the gun is likely to either cant away from your body ( increasing printing) or the weight will be unbalanced and the gun will not stay at the belt...it will swing down below. This issue is made worse for women because our clothes are usually made of light materials and construction compared to men's clothing. What works for me IWB is to buy a supertuck and then move the clips to where I want them and cut away all the extra leather. Very secure.

For a gun belt look at the instructor belts. They have a much slimmer profile than the leather belts with enough stiffness for the size gun you are interested in.

I love to see an experienced woman sharing her knowledge here on the forum. The more women and kids we have joining our ranks the better.

I notice there are a lot more women on here to help newbies than there were when I started hanging around here years ago.

I second the two clip recommendation. I have had a couple holsters with one single clip and it never quite felt secure enough. Especially in instances where I was running from the car to the door in the rain or things like that. Weight of the firearm and type of belt makes a huge difference also of course.

My wife has a BG 380. It's been back to the factory twice now. First time was for a loose take-down pin after about 400 rounds (they replaced the entire gun) second time was because something came loose in the laser mount and locked the slide closed after about 900 rounds (they replaced the laser). She is very accurate with it and it's super concealable but I wouldn't want to have to count on it as a primary.

Rep points inbound. This is exactly the type of info that keeps me renewing my membership. By sharing our experiences, both the good and the bad, we do immeasurable good. I also like the way you stated the facts. Super concealable, very accurate, better as a back up because of these issues. Thank You.

Felt real nice. My friend has one, maybe I'll try his out before deciding if I want this for my CCW (when I get my LTC, only been 2 wks so far). I'll probably be looking for an "inside the pants" type holster.

My Wife has the sig p238 with the crossbreed supertuck and loves it!! She was so glad that she didn't opt for the S&W bodyguard and as for shooting I was surprised how nice it fired, I am thinking of buying one myself I would definatly recommend it for a ccw. Good Luck with your choice!!

Rep points inbound. This is exactly the type of info that keeps me renewing my membership. By sharing our experiences, both the good and the bad, we do immeasurable good. I also like the way you stated the facts. Super concealable, very accurate, better as a back up because of these issues. Thank You.

Agreed! Rep inbound for everyone that posted here, actually. Been some really good info and suggestions [thumbsup]

I just tried my fiance's Glock 26. He has a IWB and OWB holster. I liked the OWB since it felt less like a splint on my hip ;) But ideally, I still think IWB would be best to conceal, in terms of my clothes, body shape and size.

So hopefully a P238 or PM9 or whatever I end up choosing sits comfortably in a IWB holster. If it doesn't, that's ok - I have baggy clothes that I sometimes wear. I won't be able to carry at work anyway (company policy) so I won't carry every day, probably just on weekends and at home.

Also Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

You're welcome sir, and Merry Christmas!

I just tried my fiance's Glock 26.

My humble opinion: A year from now, you will wish you had bought a G26 and figured out how to conceal it. ESPECIALLY if you don't typically wear tight clothes when you're carrying.

You're welcome sir, and Merry Christmas!

My humble opinion: A year from now, you will wish you had bought a G26 and figured out how to conceal it. ESPECIALLY if you don't typically wear tight clothes when you're carrying.

I don't know... the Glock 26 is kind of heavy for me though

I have a P238 and love it. I bought it ealier this year and have shot a ton of .380 FMJ ammo through it. It is surprisingly very accurate. I have shot the little bugger at the 25 yard range and was able to hit the target consistently. It's a good, lightweight gun and the single action trigger is really nice. I have an IWB holster, but if I do carry it (in NH) I often use a pocket holster. It's really light and conceals well, yet is very shootable.

The .380 might not be the most potent round, but at least with the P238 you can shoot the round accurately and quickly (not much recoil).

P238_med.JPG

I have a P238 and love it. I bought it ealier this year and have shot a ton of .380 FMJ ammo through it. It is surprisingly very accurate. I have shot the little bugger at the 25 yard range and was able to hit the target consistently. It's a good, lightweight gun and the single action trigger is really nice. I have an IWB holster, but if I do carry it (in NH) I often use a pocket holster. It's really light and conceals well, yet is very shootable.

The .380 might not be the most potent round, but at least with the P238 you can shoot the round accurately and quickly (not much recoil).

P238_med.JPG

Cool. Thanks for the feedback! I'm still looking forward to trying out my friend's P238. Hoping it shoots nicely for me :)

I've got a Kahr MK9, PM9, and a Colt Govt. Model 380 (which is pretty much what the 238 was modeled after). If you'd like to take a ride up to Wayland, I'll be glad to meet you at the Wayland Rod & Gun Club and let you try all three. Just send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom