Heavy Parrot Content: So that the large checks thread doesn't get locked

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Considering Jackson's parrot and the vulgarities and Churchill's bird swearing at the Naszis, I wonder what epithets a Trump parrot would say?

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well it is a tough call. I was getting hungry just looking at the image of these delicious baked beans up there... with a bird walking all over them. Normally I would be all like "yuck, a bird walked on that food? I'm not eating it". But, it is baked beans. A food that is close to perfection, only surpassed by bacon. I have gotten used to cats walking all over us while we are trying to eat, and doing things like jumping up on the counter and stealing food, etc. So, yeah... I might actually have to eat these bird beans.
My Megan loves coffee. When it cools down a bit she drinks it out of my cup. She just acts like a person in white feathers. Jack.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Considering Jackson's parrot and the vulgarities and Churchill's bird swearing at the Naszis, I wonder what epithets a Trump parrot would say?
That's easy.

YOU'RE FIRED!

Despite the fact that I'm a slightly reluctant Trump supporter, I would appreciate someone finding a meme of a blond/orange parrot saying that...

@blindfire, get on that, please!

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
We have Wally, a double-yellow headed Amazon parrot. He's almost 20.

Yes he talks. He loves to squawk and get the yellow lab howling.

And they are best buddies!

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Kid that lived near a place I worked had a parrot, named Zeke. He'd bring him to the store, and let the bird pick out penny candy. Root Beer Barrels were a favorite.

Apparently that was not the parrot's only vice. Supposedly (though I did not see it), the bird would knock back "shots" of booze in the tops of nip bottles. Kid said, "He doesn't drink to get drunk, any more...just socially." [laugh]

Buddy's sister had two: an African Gray, and one from South America. They hated each other. Racist birds...who knew?

jbert27

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've learned here I would get a bird if I thought for a second I could keep it alive
There certainly are plenty at animal shelters... We have a double yellow headed amazon going on 17. We got Romeo when he was around 1 year.
Many parrots unfortunately are a handful for owners and are abandoned in some form, which is sad.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wings - Lowell gets an apartment and they all bring gifts - in the end he leaves the champagne glasses behing and takes the recording parrot toy...
We had a recording parrot toy a long time ago. I think everybody did back in the 80's?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not for nothing, but I am trying to convince the wife to let me have one of these beauties.

Female Vosmaeri Eclectus - Family member had one, along with a Hyacinth Macaw, African Grey and a Moluccan Cockatoo. Those birds loved me, and the Eclectus would hang out in my sweatshirt pouch or hood. She was a great bird!

View attachment 309371
Where would I look to purchase such an exotic bird?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Many breeders in the US, Eclectus Parrots are the most sexually dimorphic species of parrot. Males are green with red/blue tails/flight feathers. Beautiful birds and im kinda tired of outliving pets.

Females are scarlet/purple and very much contrast with males.
Wondering if you had a contact since you said family or a friend owned one but ill do some research. Beautiful birds and im kinda tired of outliving pets.

Top Bottom