Heavy Canine Contents: So that the funny thread doesn't get locked

yogi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
image.jpeg This is Brownie...a rescue dog going on 15 years...snapped the pic today...she's looking old but who ain't :).....still gets around pretty good and chased a squirrel the other day...we thought we lost her about 8 months ago but after $1,000 plus on tests and X-rays they were not sure if she has cancer...she is on beef flavored ibuprofen and a mild sedative...eats like a queen and is spoiled rotten

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I always wondered what amount of money would I spend to keep my dogs alive, until my little 22 pound mutt (Boston Terrier, Min Pin and more Post #362), jumped onto a 80 lb pittbull that was going after my wife and gave it a hell of a battle and scared it away but in the meantime my pup got bit in the eye and needed $3K worth of surgery. Then I realized the amount was whatever it took.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's our 'Gerbil Shepherd Guard Dog' Lucy. She alerts at everything, and isn't afraid of anything, but honestly wouldn't hurt a flea. Our second small dog, and after spending time recently with friends' pit bulls and rottweilers, I don't see us going back to a "big" dog. She's a great companion animal. A Silky Terrier, she's about 11lbs.

lucy_begging.jpg

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I always wondered what amount of money would I spend to keep my dogs alive, until my little 22 pound mutt (Boston Terrier, Min Pin and more Post #362), jumped onto a 80 lb pittbull that was going after my wife and gave it a hell of a battle and scared it away but in the meantime my pup got bit in the eye and needed $3K worth of surgery. Then I realized the amount was whatever it took.
"Whatever it takes" That's what you do for family. There may be a limit but Jeebus help me, I hope I don't have to find that point.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have spent some money on dog at the vets before. But my thinking on this....its a dog....it is not necessarily fair to spend money to keep one alive when it is very sick and in a lot of pain. It is like we are asking the dog to endure the pain just because we would be sad if it was gone. If there is going to be a lot of ongoing pain for months to come....i would not do it

Gasgunner

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spent some money on dog at the vets before. But my thinking on this....its a dog....it is not necessarily fair to spend money to keep one alive when it is very sick and in a lot of pain. It is like we are asking the dog to endure the pain just because we would be sad if it was gone. If there is going to be a lot of ongoing pain for months to come....i would not do it
I feel the same way. We humans can decide if we’re willing to endure chronic pain or illness to live our lives. Forcing an animal to endure the fear and pain of an invasive procedure and then not knowing what pain or discomfort they may endure daily because of it, just isn’t right. Seeing an old dog struggle to it’s feet and limp in arthritic pain to be in the same room as it’s master, breaks my heart.
We really don’t deserve them.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel the same way. We humans can decide if we’re willing to endure chronic pain or illness to live our lives. Forcing an animal to endure the fear and pain of an invasive procedure and then not knowing what pain or discomfort they may endure daily because of it, just isn’t right. Seeing an old dog struggle to it’s feet and limp in arthritic pain to be in the same room as it’s master, breaks my heart.
We really don’t deserve them.
my last one's belly bloated up to twice its normal size, and she could not use her back two legs. You could see it in her eyes that she was in big pain, but would not whimper about it. I knew it was time

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My wife and I got plucked like a chicken at Dr Kube in Walpole. She was very competent, but the flavor of the relationship was established by the sign stating checks are not accepted for payment. Treatment actually stopped while payment was made - strictly payment in advance at rates roughtly twice what I paid for similar services at other vets ($350 for a two view X-ray vs $150 at the local vet). MRI was similarly expensive, and she tacked $350 onto her $250 office visit for her service of "reading" the MRI (which was also at the high end of the price scale). The insurance company paid less than that to have a people radiologist read my wife's MRI after a traffic accident.

In the end we got an Rx that solved the problem (like I said, medically skilled but very high prices compared to other vets and clinics). The immediate supply of 3 pills before we could get to CVS cost more than the 30 day supply at CVS.

Top Bottom