Featured Hearing Protection Act Still Stalled by Speaker Paul Ryan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Admin, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]
    By AWR Hawkins

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) shelved the Hearing Protection Act two days after the heinous Las Vegas shooting, and it remains so.

The Act was introduced on January 9, 2017. It removes suppressors from the auspices of the National Firearms Act (1934), thereby eliminating the $200 federal tax, fingerprint, photo, and registration requirements currently tied to suppressor acquisition.

Suppressors were not used in the Las Vegas attack. Nevertheless, just hours after the attack, Hillary Clinton tweeted her opposition to suppressors and suggested more lives would have been lost if gunman Stephen Paddock had used the devices:

Read full story here: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/28/hearing-protection-act-stalled-paul-ryan/

2. ldi

ldi NES Member

Political swamp is still draining - it takes time though.
    It is sad that we’re faced with a system created specifically for the times like this - filled with special interest leaches.

3. Reptile

Reptile NES Member

I wonder if he will put the kibosh on National Reciprocity.

ldi likes this.
  4. Mass-diver

Mass-diver NES Member

NRA needs to turn up the heat. This is rare window, politically!

5. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

Ryan is just another POS. I'm sick of ALL of their grandstanding.

ldi and Boris like this.
  6. bfm

bfm NES Member

Problem is there is no time for draining. If you think the Dems are not going to pick up a few midterm seats, just look at history. And the same way the Tea party started the Republican party moving right and being less open to compromise, the Our Revolution Bernie started is doing the same on left and they are motivated as f^$# and so far to the left of the politicians you already hate you will not even recognise them. They make Warren and Pelosi look more conservative than any previous Republican president.

7. ldi

ldi NES Member

You’re walking on the thinn plank that is about to snap on the way to insanity and at the same time you’re on to something - pathetic it is, when the hard working man has no say in the world of political correctness due to the disgust and disbelief of it.

8. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

it IS time to start pushing this again

9. bfm

bfm NES Member

Basically we are seeing what I think is going to be a full repeat of Obama's first term. Get in and seem to have everything going for you, President and both houses are in your court. But Congress doesn't want to bow to the president's direction and even among themselves cannot agree enough to do much of anything. So, come midterms, even many of the staunchest supporters is disillusioned and stays home, while those who oppose the party in power are all fired up and out in force. And we do not even have as big a margin as Obama had. So if the Republicans do not get get out of their own way and get stuff passed in the next 12 months, they are done and Trump will end up making deals with the Dems just to get anything through after that.

There is no insanity to my fears, just history and even with what Trump is managing to do, there is no swamp clearing happening in any truly meaningful way and I am not sure he ever really meant to do any.

10. browncoat

browncoat NES Member

Man, I hate this guy. I'm not sure whether I hate terrible leaders on the D side more or him...

11. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

At least the D's are consistent , A-holes but consistent .

12. ToddDubya

ToddDubya NES Member

My fear is that if it comes back to the table there will be another mass shooting event. It's clear to me these are done on purpose to distract and push agendas, and I don't hate my countrymen enough to wish them murdered as pawns.

The plus side is my own bleeding heart liberal mother now looks at these horrific events and thinks "What are they covering up with this?". If the liberals are pushing her away, they're really screwing up.

13. GoodWillHunting

GoodWillHunting NES Member

Moral of the story: 98% of Politicians, The NRA, gun companies, dealers, YouTuber's don't actually give a shit about 2A or your rights.
    They will act in their self-interest every time and will sell you out without a second though to cover their ass or their bottom line.

14. Horrible

Horrible NES Member

Lyin' Ryan. RINO supreme. Total shocker.

He talks a great game about following the Constitution and Liberty and small government, but when it comes time to put up, Lyin' Ryan is no-show.