• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Heard on the Boston.com forums...

Pittsburgh police officers murdered:

Iknowitallyeomans said:
Ban the manufacture and sale of handguns and automatic weapons. Now I advocate disbanding the greedy and cowardly NRA and assigning it as a terrorist organization and a threat to our Republic....And for all you cowardly tough-guy hand-gun lovers - we can and will pry them from your cold dead cornball hands...Sooner or later.

Thomascameron said:
I remember when Dukakis got thrashed by the police in Mass. when he ran against Bush because he said he was against assault weapons. The Mass. police voted for Bush and used that for the reason. Makes me wonder how many assault weapons would be on the street today if laws had been made way back then, outlawing them.

Binghamton tragedy:

ckbike said:
Where is the NRA making a comment about gun rights? They always seem to be out in front when any bill is introduced attempting to limit the free flow of guns in our country. However, when guns are used in any sort of criminal act they are nowhere to be found.
I know their tired argument, i.e. it's people that kill people not guns that kill people. The sad fact is is that are country is gun crazy and has some of the highest rates of gun violence of any industrialized country. I'm not for banning guns completely but I'm certainly for more restrictions to gaining access to them something the NRA is certainly not for.

Sox-2004 said:
Limbaugh, Hannity and the like are the ones who openly promote this hatred of immigrants, blaming all of society's ills on them. They work these freaks into a lather until they take their over-the-counter bought assault rifles and do what this guy did. The guy who pulled the trigger is responsible, but guys like Hannity didn't exactly help.

hockeylad2003 said:
I think we can all thank the NRA. Is this the 4th or 5th major shooting in the country in the last few months? And for those NRA supporters - the "right to bare arms" had to do with defending ourselves from the red coats in the 1700's, not assassinating people in classrooms. Its time for the NRA and guns to GO!

I also find it rather odd that most of the anger is directed at the NRA specifically and not more ardent gun rights organizations like GOA or JPFO.

I also find it rather odd that most of the anger is directed at the NRA specifically and not more ardent gun rights organizations like GOA or JPFO.

Like it or not, the NRA is much higher profile then the others. Most of the people posting have never heard of GOA or JPFO. If you see someone mentioning organizations other then the NRA you know they're the hard-core antis.

Don't blame the economy and job losses for the behavior. Don't look at the lives or the warning signs that preceded the events. Don't even consider how changes in the law today would prevent these events since the guy in New York was a doper and bought the guns 10 years ago. He had a history of problems with police as well and only became a citizen in the 90's. Twenty years here and his English was still poor? WTF

Law enforement and family services were involved in the Washington case where the father killed his 5 children. And the common denominator is that the guy in PA along with the guy in NY and WA were all out of work and laid off.

Guess they don't like Obama's answers to the economy and can't see the value of bailing out the Banks. I feel bad for the people killed and wounded but haven't flinched once about the right to protect my family from the same types of lunitics.

Perhaps these illiterates would like to follow Mexico's example of tough gun rights since it works so well for our neighbors.

Last edited:
Those make me laugh.

It should make you cry since these are the vanguard of the dumbed down fools who vote without the slightest notion about what our Republic is meant to be or the governments role thereing. [sad2]

Comments like those used to frustrate and anger me. Now I just laugh at them.

Screw them. They're nothing but sheep. They delegate their own security and well-being to a state that can barely fill a damned pothole, much less make anyone safe.

We'll never change their outlook.

Yes, we won't change their outlook, but will their outlook change our rights?

no. but it may end our nation.

remember... the framers of our constitution were enumerating our rights when they wrote the BOR... not granting them. that is, they were just listing what they held to be natural born rights which no man or govt. could grant or revoke.

that means, the right to keep and bear arms is your birthright. not even amending the constitution would change that. it's just as fundemental as the essence of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness itself.

the only question is, will we be continue to exercise our rights? not will the govt. still recognize them.

mark my words, the climate is different now than it was in 1994. many more people have opened their eyes. many more people have gone down to their local FFL and picked up their first pistol, shotgun or AR. the proliferation of the internet in the past 15 years has served to make all those arguments that people had in their heads a little more cohesive.

if they try for another assualt weapons ban, people will die over it. for these simple reasons...

1.) people distrust govt. more than ever.
2.) the economy is more worrisome to joe citizen than ever.
3.) many more people have gone out to buy some insurance in the form of a gun, and they will see limiting of that as a threatening move.
4.) last AWB had many holes and a sunset clause. the next one will "improve" on those "flaws", and as such piss people off a hell of alot more.

I have one simple question for you folks. what the hell are you going to do about it? writing your legislators doesn't work well with these types of things because for every well informed critical thinker of our group, there are 10 zombies who get not only their news, but their opinions from the MSM. and they know how to write letters too.

politicians shift with the political winds in a heartbeat. so, are you folks okay with continuing down the same path that had the citizens of the UK turning in their pistols after just a few short decades of evolving "gun control"?

will we too go quietly into the night?

Last edited:
The truth be told we are all SCREWED

Soon we will all need to turn our guns in I CAN SEE IT COMING

Last edited:

Soon we will all need to turn are guns in I CAN SEE IT COMING

Couple of things:

1. It's "our guns" not "are guns." Sorry to be a grammar Nazi but that's a pet peeve of mine.

2. No one is coming to take our guns unless we let them. Disarmament would never happen in the U.S. through the use of governmental force, it would happen "voluntarily," like we saw in the UK.

New York never expired the AWB and they require pistol licensing. A lot of good that did stopping the Binghamton guy. [rolleyes]

Comments like those used to frustrate and anger me. Now I just laugh at them.

Screw them. They're nothing but sheep. They delegate their own security and well-being to a state that can barely fill a damned pothole, much less make anyone safe.

We'll never change their outlook.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknowitallyeomans
Ban the manufacture and sale of handguns and automatic weapons. Now I advocate disbanding the greedy and cowardly NRA and assigning it as a terrorist organization and a threat to our Republic....And for all you cowardly tough-guy hand-gun lovers - we can and will pry them from your cold dead cornball hands...Sooner or later.

Anybody want to bet this guy won't be the one in front coming for those guns?

hockeylad2003 said:
I think we can all thank the NRA. Is this the 4th or 5th major shooting in the country in the last few months? And for those NRA supporters - the "right to bare arms" had to do with defending ourselves from the red coats in the 1700's, not assassinating people in classrooms. Its time for the NRA and guns to GO!

Haha, their arguments inevitably lead to classroom, schools, or children. Talk about tunnel vision.

A thought just occurred to me. If there is a revolution, those types of people will benefit from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknowitallyeomans

Anybody want to bet this guy won't be the one in front coming for those guns?

No he won't, but if I were in power, I'd give him a nice one way ticket on Pinochet's airplane.... or maybe, Max Zorin's airship....

"May Day will provide you with a drink. " [laugh]

-Mike

Soon we will all need to turn our guns in I CAN SEE IT COMING

We will never NEED to turn our guns in. It is those who decide to give in rather than fight for their freedoms that will turn them in at the government's whim.

The fight begins now (or really many months and years ago). We need to take the fight to them before the civilized war of words and politics becomes a war of violence. That turning point will be a very sad day.

The ideals you see in those posts are exactly what I talk about during my MassGunLawReform speaking engagements. The citizens of this state, and to a great extent the nation, are too focused on the thing rather than the human element.

Until society is mature enough to deal with the human criminal element, this state will continue to spiral down the path it is currently on. Virtually none of the anti civil rights legislation deals with the human criminal element. It most always deals with banning a thing or access to that thing rather than doing what is necessary to address the human criminal element.

That is the emphasis of MassGunLawReform, to separate the lawful possession laws and the criminal enforcement laws. Thus we can protect the freedoms of the lawful citizens while taking the appropriate measures to severely punish the human criminal offenders.

While I believe that criminals should not have access to firearms, I disagree that we should be doing that through more gun laws. The correct method it to limit criminal's access to freedom. That one mature approach to the problem solves the vast majority of the issues at hand!

Last edited:
This is why the country was founded as a republic, not a democracy. If that holds up, the rights we have will survive through the idiocy of the majority.

The correct method it to limit criminal's access to freedom. That one mature approach to the problem solves the vast majority of the issues at hand!

I whole heartedly agree, but how do we pay for that? To keep all the criminals in jail, we would need to build many, many more prisons because the population of criminals is increasing faster than they die off. This would be a major overhaul of our judicial system to revamp criminal punishments for say drug offenders but throw away the key for violent crime. Unfortunately there is no money to be made by the state for imprisoning criminals; it's a one way, exit only cash situation so they will never do it. Hence why there are so many criminals on the street. Prisons have a fixed budget and can only pay to keep so many in their cages. And by the way, yes, I do believe criminals should be forced into manual labor to repay their debts.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom