• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Heard a rumor today

There is federal law that says dealers need to obey the state laws. So basically if there is a state law the feds say "me too".

How does something like this get prosecuted? I wonder if they'll try to go after customers who bought from there (even though legal)

What laws broken? They're not going beyond the dealer. (unless a buyer has done
something bad like, straw, or some other fed issue. )

-Mike

What laws broken? They're not going beyond the dealer. (unless a buyer has done
something bad like, straw, or some other fed issue. )

-Mike
This would be key. If they where actually violating state law the atf could step in .....but honestly I would say the feds would divert this to the state agencies. Now once the state says you done bad and hank your permission to do business in mass the ATF will suspend your license. This is how the MA state gov was able to eliminate so many small home dealers by changing the regulations on business fronts,zones and such.
This is how they put EGE in Hanover out of business. Would not give him his business license to operate out of his basement even though he had been for 40 years. He packed up and moved to PA and opened up business in a shed.

To all those chiming in, I’m wondering if anyone has been at either shop or spoken to either owner on the phone recently?

These were 2/4 of my favorite shops within driving distance so it’s pretty shitty.

I also think that if true there are other shops on the chopping block either by the AG or be the feds. The regulatory environment at every level is a threat these days.

To all those chiming in, I’m wondering if anyone has been at either shop or spoken to either owner on the phone recently?

These were 2/4 of my favorite shops within driving distance so it’s pretty shitty.

I also think that if true there are other shops on the chopping block either by the AG or be the feds. The regulatory environment at every level is a threat these days.
PDS has Facebook.

Actually, a few years ago I was told by a store front FFL dealer in Massachusetts that an ATF auditor commented that "I see you are transferring non Mass compliant guns". The FFL said the agent passed that information on to the local PD and the FFL got a visit from them. I don't know the exact details of what transpired after that but by a year or so later he no longer had an FFL. The guy was quite angry. I was led to believe the reason he was shut down was because his state license got yanked. Guns were only a sideline business for him so his store is still going strong with his other product lines. Anyway, it does appear that ATF and the Mass powers that be for MIRCS and PD gun store premises approvals are collaborating with respect to matters and enforcement even when it is not within areas of their immediate jurisdiction.

Yup. We were specifically warned and lectured about glocks by ATF when we were still just an empty room with a concrete floor.

Not all that long ago the lecture was "don't go off list" now its "no glocks" too? At one point they gave zero f***s about CMR940. (because it's not really a
law). This is probably the outcome of people shitting where they eat, etc. Might also be the recent about-face of EOPS now playing rubby bums with the
AGs office. (they used to hate each other under Coakley, Reilly, Harshbarger... )

-Mike

A little mouse told me M. H. personally does not like Glock Or anything that almost Rhymes with it

I heard she's requiring all to wear flip-flops (anti-sock) and making it easier to defend themselves by banning projectile weapons. (Anti-rocks)

LOL, ATF can get their ass chapped about some dumb things. Get the wrong agent and things go full retard in a flash...

-Mike

Pfft. ANY government toolbag can do that. I had a client a few years ago that got audited. Had donated some SIGNIFICANT tangible property to charity. They had $ and were redecorating and gave it all to whomever. One item was a $2,000 desk in perfect condition. I think they estimated value of $800.

MF'er at the IRS said, "No one should be able to ever write off an $800, legal or not!" And disallowed it. Frustratingly, the cost to defend was greater than the cost of the extra tax, so the client just paid the tax. He was somewhat right-wing before that. He's pretty far right now. LOL

What's she got against roosters

Taste like chicken.

I heard dark horse’s issue was illegal glock triggers...not glocks themselves...
Interesting....

Those guys used to post a lot of videos of themselves at the range with a G18 they built. Probably unrelated but your statement made me think of it.

Folks, enough with the sexual innuendos. Maura’s sexual orientation isn’t the issue.

And you've had to remind people of this like multiple times. I have to wonder, if she was 100% pro-2A would people here still bring it up?

Getting just the lower transferred to me by an FFL is how I got my G42 when they first came out. I got the complete upper on... EBAY!!! Oh GAWDZ the HORRORZZZ!!!!

I know a snowball has a better chance of surviving in hell but I signed the form to get Jay McMahon on the ballot for AG. That would be something if he took it.

And you've had to remind people of this like multiple times. I have to wonder, if she was 100% pro-2A would people here still bring it up?

I've said it before - and I totally concur. Think of all the Ann Coulter leg-humpers. Not attractive! Not that that matters, but guys would kill their brothers to F her. ????? Maybe rights and reproduction are more linked than I want to admit. ROFL!!!!

I dislike her (beyond her stupid work) b/c she looks like that Tommy Mac guy. I HATE that guy.

Back
Top Bottom