Healy testifies in Trenton on gun bills

Healy testifies in Trenton on gun bills
by The Jersey Journal
Tuesday December 18, 2007, 9:53 AM

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy testified yesterday before the state Senate Law and Public Safety Committee on three bills aimed at curbing gun violence, including a provision that would limit handgun purchases to one a month, something Healy has pushed on the local level.

After a judge invalidated a city ordinance that would have done the same thing, Healy joined with Assemblywoman Joan Quigley in spearheading identical legislation on a state level.

Healy also spoke in support of two other bills: One that would restrict the sale of ammunition to those who are licensed to sell, purchase or carry a firearm and one that would toughen the penalties for carrying a prohibited gun in a public place.

All three bills were voted out of committee and will now be considered by the full senate.

What is interesting is that Healy himself probably couldn't get a FID card in the state as he was recently convicted of a Disorderly Conduct offense when he interfered with some local LE involving family members having a domestic violence incident at a local bar. He has been involved in more than a few incidents involving excessive drinking and disorderly conduct...one involving pictures of him naked in the street. Just great for one of the most powerful Mayors in the country and the most powerful in the state. Probably heard the state capital has a few bars with REALLY good happy hours.

I read the title and the first thought that ran through my mind was "What the heck is she doing in Trenton?"
(yes, I know the spelling is different, but I didn't remember that at first)

Jersey City....just a wonderful place to visit

And now due to the proximity to Wall Street the newly built condos on the water will be starting at one million plus. They were even talking about converting the old county jail and city hospital to condos due to their location near the waterfront.

Too bad their Mayor is a good old time drunk.........He NEVER even looks sober....

Back
Top Bottom