• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healy on Reciprocity - BS Alarm

I'm ALL for gun safety and gun control.

Keep them in proper operating condition. Clean them regularly. Know how to operate them properly (practice, practice, practice!). And use quality ammo.

There oughta be a law requiring these things!

Even if reciprocity passes, I would still be wary of New York and New Jersey recognizing it

NY, NJ, DC, CA and MA will fight to the bitter end, no matter what. Most of the others would fall in line.

Still, except for NY being a choke point between New England and the rest of the country, who would want to go to any of those places anyway?

NY, NJ, DC, CA and MA will fight to the bitter end, no matter what. Most of the others would fall in line.

Still, except for NY being a choke point between New England and the rest of the country, who would want to go to any of those places anyway?
Unfortunately, I'm forced to travel to NJ several times a year as most of my wife's family lives there. Once NJ complies with a reciprocity law, I will carry there.

Unfortunately, I'm forced to travel to NJ several times a year as most of my wife's family lives there. Once NJ complies with a reciprocity law, I will carry there.

Have you ever thought about just applying for a NR permit there? [handsonhips]

(And, very sorry to hear about the mandatory visits to NJ)

I'm ALL for gun safety and gun control.

Keep them in proper operating condition. Clean them regularly. Know how to operate them properly (practice, practice, practice!). And use quality ammo.

There oughta be a law requiring these things!

You're right. For safety's sake there should be law that everyone must own a gun and practice regularly. If you can't afford it, the state should provide a gun and ammunition.

It's for the children. :D (no that emoji isn't right how about this) :p (no that doesn't fit either) <I want my old emojis back> :(

It's ironic how the racist south made their last stand on Jim Crow laws as violating "states' rights", and now Maura is making the same argument when she wants MA to opt out of this civil rights legislation.

This. I'm not sure what they can do though if it's a bill passed as law by both house and senate. Guess they could sue on the basis of states rights. Or ramp up the in state laws to so bad that out of staters couldn't comply. That's where this bill may have unintended consequences.....

They likely will sue on the basis of state’s rights. Also likely will try to put burdensome new regulations in place to discourage licensed individuals from carrying. Those likely will lead to additional lawsuits.

My old Magic 8 Ball says....it passed the Congress and was signed into law...It gets then pushed through a couple years of courts and injunctions/stays/etc. Then SCOTUS delivers some type of very very very narrow ruling in its favor but so narrow we end up where we are with Heller and McDonald. It's a right BUT...there are limits to it...too many it will turn out being...:mad:

OH yah...one other thing....Multiple folks end up in jail, PPs, or otherwise screwed as they try to comply with another constraint on their rights when traveling between the states...:(

My old Magic 8 Ball says....it passed the Congress and was signed into law...It gets then pushed through a couple years of courts and injunctions/stays/etc. Then SCOTUS delivers some type of very very very narrow ruling in its favor but so narrow we end up where we are with Heller and McDonald. It's a right BUT...there are limits to it...too many it will turn out being...:mad:

OH yah...one other thing....Multiple folks end up in jail, PPs, or otherwise screwed as they try to comply with another constraint on their rights when traveling between the states...:(

it will probably be something like if your state issues a license, you can carry everywhere that also issues licenses, if they don't issue licenses (constitutional carry) you're limited.

Everytime any firearms laws are relaxed in a state anywhere in the US the response of the liberals is: "There will be blood in the streets". The data following enactment of any loosing of restrictions always, I believe, contradicts this statement.

Her current statement is nothing more than the current (and getting old) propaganda of the antigun left.

The problem in MA is that the local sheep will believe her statements unequivocally without question.

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the Kommie states vs the rest of the country!
What else are they going to say? That people who want to commit crime already are carrying across state lines and now people who commit crime less often than the police will now be doing the same? They'd have a mental hernia trying to justify why that's a problem.

What really blows my mind is the sheer amount of effort Maura goes through to fight against gun rights in MA. She's not stupid, and is absolutely committed to stopping any gun rights advancement regardless of facts, truths, science, or any other sign that points otherwise. Not sure why anyone would trust her warped thought process to serve the public.

Be afraid of people like her.
She truely does view herself as a ruler and not a servant.
People with god a complex don't stop till they cross the line and go too far.
It usually blows up in thier face but not before a lot of people get hurt.

I've driven to Florida twice and multiple other excursions around the local states (as far as PA) carrying my G26, a spare mag or two, a Mass Class A and a song in my heart and do you know what happened? Nothing, and national reciprocity will be the same way - other than poor schmucks won't get jammed up for taking the wrong bridge or heading to a store over the border that has something in stock.

Heard this point on the radio,....
MA already has “Intra State Reciprocity”. I can take my LTC into another town that doesn’t issue them.

Heard this point on the radio,....
MA already has “Intra State Reciprocity”. I can take my LTC into another town that doesn’t issue them.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.... MA does't have reciprocity with any other state in the country. There are a handful of states that will recognize the MA LTC out of pure altruism, but most refuse to do so because MA won't recognize theirs in return.

Reciprocity requires a reciprocation. MA won't do that.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.... MA does't have reciprocity with any other state in the country. There are a handful of states that will recognize the MA LTC out of pure altruism, but most refuse to do so because MA won't recognize theirs in return.

Reciprocity requires a reciprocation. MA won't do that.
Read it again.

I saw, but I assumed they meant "inter-" as opposed to "intra-" which makes no sense to even be discussing. Ever.

Since he mentions taking it to another town I don't think it was a mistake. I took the post as a comment on the stupidity out there, that someone would be thinking its a big deal that a State license is honored throughout the state.

I live in CT all summer. When I go up to CT around May I trailer my bike up and then ride up there. I have a CT non-resident permit, so I can carry in CT no problem. But I can't cross into RI, NY, or MA carrying my firearm - and there's not even a good way to transport it under FOPA when I ride up to visit my friends in VT or NH. National Reciprocity would solve that for me.

Back
Top Bottom