• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey's office considering action against those who bought & sold rifles on July 20

No, unless you mean with pitchforks.

Or every night henceforth, we get 5 to 10 cars to circle her house at odd hours and lay on their horns for an hour or so, then leave for a bit and have one more go. Keep it random and changing - no way they can stop every car from entering an area.

You would have to be pretty dedicated after a week of no sleep. Keep track of her, if at a hotel - get the room number and start calling.

Yes, that's what she is saying and it's not the last decade but about the last 20yrs.

I dont get it. There wasnt a new law passed, just an enforcement letter to gun shops saying the state will enforce the CURRENT laws. So I guess anyone who bought a semi auto rifle with "The scary bits" on it in the last decade is also guilty!

Do you have any idea what kind of magnitude your talking about? How many pending SBR's are waiting due to backlog? The number of finished lowers sitting in boxes just waiting for parts? It's ****ing huge!!

What about all the stripped lowers in regards to this. Existing ones in your safe - transacton in progress?

I'm starting to think she might have ****ed this up badly enough on the implementation that she might have to put her tail between her legs and retreat on some of this BS. It's approaching comical now, in the most unconstitutional way.

Last edited:
With regard to lowers,

I did not see this in the FAQ prior to just now:

Q: Does the Enforcement Notice affect the legality of the sale of receivers for Assault Weapons if the gun is not built out?

•Yes. If the receiver is for a weapon that would meet one of the tests described above, it will be treated as an Assault Weapon and it cannot be sold in Massachusetts.

But can it be possessed by the new minted felon, build out three years from now, and fa10'd at that point. If it is already an assault weapon, should be gtg right?

Abortion is right. They botched this hugely.

Last edited:
Or every night henceforth, we get 5 to 10 cars to circle her house at odd hours and lay on their horns for an hour or so, then leave for a bit and have one more go. Keep it random and changing - no way they can stop every car from entering an area.

You would have to be pretty dedicated after a week of no sleep. Keep track of her, if at a hotel - get the room number and start calling.

Disturbing the peace. Park a billboard truck on her street with a message that she and her neighbors have to look at every day.

What about all the stripped lowers in regards to this. Existing ones in your safe - transacton in progress?

I'm starating to think she might have ****ed this up badly enough on the implementation that she might have to put her tail between her legs and retreat on some of this BS. It's approaching comical now, in the most unconstitutional way.

Sounds like the Alinski thread on Rules for Radicals.

Tie everything up in red bureaucratic tape.

The Mass Gun Laws were designed to be confusing and convoluted.

She is caught in her own quagmire and she may have hung herself.

The only way out for her is to repeal the AWB.

The closing the loophole thread and the announcement was in the Globe on Wednesday the 20th and they sold 2,549; on Tuesday they sold 132; and on Monday they sold 51.

They sold nearly three times the number of Assault Weapons on Tuesday as they did on Monday so some people got the "heads up." The day before it went public. I bet there are some in her office that beat the rush. It would be great to know if that happened.

Bob

She sent the letter to the Globe. Maybe all the workers aren't liberal c**k suckers.

I wouldn't worry one bit. If she decides to prosecute thousands of law abiding gun owners for this, even the libtards will be forced to step up against her. That's millions in taxpayer dollars lost and hundreds of kids with a now felon father/mother who are otherwise productive members of society, all due to her unclear language and overstepping her bounds. Even the original liberal AWB founders knew better than to completely ban semi auto rifles or confiscate "assault weapons" already in circulation.

You bought an AR yesterday? You register an AR yesterday? Good. They ask for it, you wipe your ass with the letter from the AG and go about your day. If you want to turn in your ARs/AKs to "be safe" or "avoid trouble", make sure you wear your "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" shirt and a maxi pad in the forfeiture line so I can laugh at you. Just my $.02

How can our FA-10 system not be 'registration' when you read something like this:

But Healey is facing a potential dilemma. On Thursday, rifle sales dropped back to 266 in the state but more than half of those – 143 – appear to be the banned assault weapon types, although there are some exceptions. A spokeswoman said the office would be examining the sales to see if they are outside her order.

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/guns/healey-backs-down-on-threat/

Think about this...you decide it is your moral obligation to grab the guns. But you can't take the time to lay out a clear document of what the new law (I refuse to call this a new interpretation) is and delivery it simultaneously to dealers to stop the sales as you intend?

Also, the lower that previously was not even a firearm in Mass is now suddenly an assault weapon? Really?

How can our FA-10 system not be 'registration' when you read something like this:

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/guns/healey-backs-down-on-threat/

Fantastic, more newly illegal sales and minted felons!
I'm so proud of them. Of course they are probably out in the middle of nowhere and just have no idea the Patriots that they have just become.

Or maybe these are just people registering their builds within 7 days?

What if we all register our stripped lowers every day without building them? Ha

Think about this...you decide it is your moral obligation to grab the guns. But you can't take the time to lay out a clear document of what the new law (I refuse to call this a new interpretation) is and delivery it simultaneously to dealers to stop the sales as you intend?

Also, the lower that previously was not even a firearm in Mass is now suddenly an assault weapon? Really?

Yep
there is a reason legislatures make laws and it takes forever
this is tyranny

I wouldn't worry one bit. If she decides to prosecute thousands of law abiding gun owners for this, even the libtards will be forced to step up against her. That's millions in taxpayer dollars lost and hundreds of kids with a now felon father/mother who are otherwise productive members of society, all due to her unclear language and overstepping her bounds. Even the original liberal AWB founders knew better than to completely ban semi auto rifles or confiscate "assault weapons" already in circulation.

You bought an AR yesterday? You register an AR yesterday? Good. They ask for it, you wipe your ass with the letter from the AG and go about your day. If you want to turn in your ARs/AKs to "be safe" or "avoid trouble", make sure you wear your "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" shirt and a maxi pad in the forfeiture line so I can laugh at you. Just my $.02

Um, I don't think you know how stupid libtards really are. They would never step up and turn against her and do you actually think they thought this out?

This a politically expedient knee jerk move, timed perfectly to coincide with the national hysteria caused by cops being shot all around the country by angry black men. She is pandering to people's emotions for self benefit at the expense of the constitutional rights of others. I couldn't think of a more clear cut case of abuse of office under the color of law.

All those cops you saw up on that stage???? they are just as guilty as she is because THEY will be the ones giving the orders and processing the paperwork when this whole illegal fraud turns down hill.

"Gov. Charlie Baker said he supports Healey’s decision and deferred to her as the arbiter to interpret the law. But he called on Healey to clarify her position so “law-abiding” gun owners can make sure they are not in violation of the statute."

Arbiter to interpret the law? WTF, are you serious!

I thought there was a war that started like this awhile ago, I know as time goes by, memories fade and it's hard to believe people ever stood up to authority.

Come on MA, you guys had the balls last time, lets see if you do this time.

I thought there was a war that started like this awhile ago, I know as time goes by, memories fade and it's hard to believe people ever stood up to authority.

Come on MA, you guys had the balls last time, lets see if you do this time.

In all seriousness other states are watching us closely. We can set the bar to say don't f with us.

I feel the more she continues to gaff this thing the more ridiculous it becomes. The more ridiculous it becomes the more credibility she loses. The more credibility she loses the less likely legislators and politicians will support her. Today is a good day. She is demonstrating (without provocation) just how incompetent she is. Today was a childlike temper tantrum on her part because she failed to sanity check her own documents. Once she realized the "AFTER 20 jul 2016" verbiage was there she had to recant her foolhardy threats. At this point even Gov. Baker is challenging her confusing and unenforceable position. rejoice my friends for the further this goes, the less we will need to fight...she will self inflict her own demise!

08699a5089dc60d426df8fc3c6e97126.png

How would one interpret this?

Individuals could have bought and sold yesterday, but dealers could only sell out of state on the 20th?

Again...even more confusion

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I feel the more she continues to gaff this thing the more ridiculous it becomes. The more ridiculous it becomes the more credibility she loses. The more credibility she loses the less likely legislators and politicians will support her. Today is a good day. She is demonstrating (without provocation) just how incompetent she is. Today was a childlike temper tantrum on her part because she failed to sanity check her own documents. Once she realized the "AFTER 20 jul 2016" verbiage was there she had to recant her foolhardy threats. At this point even Gov. Baker is challenging her confusing and unenforceable position. rejoice my friends for the further this goes, the less we will need to fight...she will self inflict her own demise!

Aren't you the optimistic fella, at this point I think the best you can hope for is that everything July 20th and prior does not make you a felon. I don't see this being un-done for the post july 20th rifles without legislative action or a multi-year court case.

Could you site something referencing Baker challenging her?

This is obviously nothing to do with public safety. They don't prosecute drug dealers on weapons charges or persecute illegals, they welcome refuges. From a clear statistical point these drug dealers, illegal alliens and refuges are more violent and are more likely to be more of a treat then all of us previous legal gun owners. So if it's not public safety could it be POLITICS.

Tough guy talk on the internet has moved from comical to sad. It doesn't help, and it just makes gun owners seem like petulant children sitting behind their computers spouting revenge fantasies. Pointless.

This is modern politics. First, recognize the game. The other side is a step ahead here. Healy knows the law is borderline irrelevant, and that any Mass court or jury will almost surely agree with her when an evil black rifle is right there on the table.

You don't win by being right, by threatening (or dreaming) of violence, or by venting frustration from a keyboard. In fact, you don't win period. What you do is understand how to play the game with cards you are dealt. Play never ends.

You are in Mass, surrounded by anti-gun voters and with a government that overtly hates you, as a gun owner. Accept that or move. That's step one.

Next, assuming you stay, play this game the only way you can. Find an enemy of your enemy and then goad them to action. Here and now the play is to do all possible to get power centers in Mass to be offended by the political move by the AG. Get them to move back.

Concretely, the best way to do that is probably via GOAL. I sent them $500 yesterday and likely will send them more soon. Also support Comm2A. I do that too. They will be playing a longer game, but it's likely where the bigger win can be found.

Finally, patience. Your corrupt government can move much more quickly than you can. That's the price of living in a state where gun owners are despised. Accept that or leave. Complaining won't help.

Back
Top Bottom