Healey co-leads effort urging Supreme Court to allow student punishments for off-campus speech

mikeyp

NES Member
AAaaaaaand there goes the rest of the Constitution

1614701526850.png

BOSTON – Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey and District of Columbia Attorney General Karl Racine today co-led 24 attorneys general in filing a brief urging the U.S. Supreme Court to preserve schools’ ability to address cyberbullying and other forms of off-campus bullying.

The brief was filed today in Mahanoy Area School District v. B.L., a case concerning the ability of schools to hold students accountable for off-campus speech. The brief does not support either party in the case, but urges the Court to reject a Third Circuit ruling preventing schools from taking action to address students’ off-campus speech or expressive conduct even where it has substantial in-school impacts, arguing that such a rule undermines state anti-bullying laws. In Massachusetts, the law, like laws in dozens of other states, requires schools to address disruptive in-person and online bullying even where it originates off-campus, so long as the bullying has substantial in-school impacts. The coalition encourages the Court to uphold an existing legal standard, which empowers schools to regulate speech that substantially disrupts school or interferes with other students’ rights at school.

It has long been established that all campus "disciplinary committees" are anti-constitutional kangaroo courts. There is a complete denial of due process. There are no rules of evidence. No rights for the accused of any kind. Not even a right to defend oneself against the accusations. Rule of thumb is if the accuser is a woman and the accused is a man, the man is always guilty.

It has long been established that all campus "disciplinary committees" are anti-constitutional kangaroo courts. There is a complete denial of due process. There are no rules of evidence. No rights for the accused of any kind. Not even a right to defend oneself against the accusations. Rule of thumb is if the accuser is a woman and the accused is a man, the man is always guilty.
AB5CF472-BB50-49A8-82EF-D3DF7C7D090C.jpeg

"Joining AG Healey and AG Racine in filing today’s brief are the attorneys general of California, Colorado, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin."

Added the co-conspirators for posterity.

“Bullying can have serious, long-lasting emotional and mental health consequences for our children,” AG Healey said. “Teachers and school administrators need to have every possible tool at their disposal to ensure students feel safe and able to learn. We are urging the Court to continue to allow schools to protect students from bullying that plagues them at school – no matter where it originates.”

We had a couple of bullies at my high school; I think every school does. Had a couple more at my swim club. Learning to deal with them is part of growing up. The swim club bullies backed off when I punched one of them in the face. All they needed to be shown was that I was willing to get thrown out of the club, that I was willing to fight.

The high school bully who targeted me was tougher to deal with. He kicked my ass a couple of times, in public, much to my humiliation. He wasn't so happy when a friend of mine interfered and kicked his ass in a very public setting. My friend caught a two week suspension for that.

Putting children in "safe spaces" doesn't teach them how to cope with the ugly reality of life. When they're let out of their safe spaces - life can be a shock to them.

Shocking! NOT! All part of the plan to silence all speech not following the party line. President Xi and Little Puty are laughing their ass's off.

Everyone could have a lot of fun with this.

TDS is a condition which is exacerbated when people mention Trump anywhere. So mention his name and you’re going to jail. Take that and apply it to whoever you hate.

“Bullying can have serious, long-lasting emotional and mental health consequences for our children,” AG Healey said. “Teachers and school administrators need to have every possible tool at their disposal to ensure students feel safe and able to learn. We are urging the Court to continue to allow schools to protect students from bullying that plagues them at school – no matter where it originates.”

We had a couple of bullies at my high school; I think every school does. Had a couple more at my swim club. Learning to deal with them is part of growing up. The swim club bullies backed off when I punched one of them in the face. All they needed to be shown was that I was willing to get thrown out of the club, that I was willing to fight.

The high school bully who targeted me was tougher to deal with. He kicked my ass a couple of times, in public, much to my humiliation. He wasn't so happy when a friend of mine interfered and kicked his ass in a very public setting. My friend caught a two week suspension for that.

Putting children in "safe spaces" doesn't teach them how to cope with the ugly reality of life. When they're let out of their safe spaces - life can be a shock to them.

hell our entire society is based on some form of bullying.

View attachment 456700

BOSTON – Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey and District of Columbia Attorney General Karl Racine today co-led 24 attorneys general in filing a brief urging the U.S. Supreme Court to preserve schools’ ability to address cyberbullying and other forms of off-campus bullying.

The brief was filed today in Mahanoy Area School District v. B.L., a case concerning the ability of schools to hold students accountable for off-campus speech. The brief does not support either party in the case, but urges the Court to reject a Third Circuit ruling preventing schools from taking action to address students’ off-campus speech or expressive conduct even where it has substantial in-school impacts, arguing that such a rule undermines state anti-bullying laws. In Massachusetts, the law, like laws in dozens of other states, requires schools to address disruptive in-person and online bullying even where it originates off-campus, so long as the bullying has substantial in-school impacts. The coalition encourages the Court to uphold an existing legal standard, which empowers schools to regulate speech that substantially disrupts school or interferes with other students’ rights at school.
The biggest cyber bully out there is the United States government! too bad if you are an unconstitutional Democrat you are above the law!

Not surprising at all since school isn’t really school anymore, it’s re-education camp to spit out hundreds of thousands of good little commies.

I’m so thankful my kids are grown, it would be very hard to manage but I could never send them into today’s idea of school knowing what we know and allow some dirty stinkin’ hippie commie to raise them under their ideals. Couldn’t do it.

View attachment 456700

Hey, with Roberts she has a good shot.....

View attachment 456700

Sorry, but with no enforcement notice to follow..I’m lost😂😂😂

It's about time! I have been the victim of cyber bullying several times right here on this site just because I occasionally point out that .40 is way better than 9mm. Would any of you bullies like to settle out of court while you still have a chance?
When 9mm went through the roof and we are sitting there with our G22’s and thousands of rounds of “pointless” .40, we be like - who’s laughing now?!

If chipping at the first amendment keeps her distracted and away from the second...I plead the fifth and don’t need the first at the moment. “Maura” - I cant scare them with bullets so I’ll scare them with bullies.

View attachment 456700

She is a real piece of work. Doesn't understand the right to freedom of speech but somehow becomes AG.

Let me play devils advocate. Let’s say the star QB is beating kids just outside school property for their lunch money. No one is willing to prosecute. Can the school discipline the QB???

Back
Top Bottom