• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a lawyer.
But am I the only one here who thinks/realizes that Healey simply saw a weakly/vaguely worded law/rule/statute/whatever and realized that no statewide or other association or legal group (GOAL/2A etc) had taken it upon themselves to forcefully and aggressively hash out and clarify the laws?

In other words, unless I'm missing something here, Healey took it upon herself to (as a good lawyer would) sit down in the aftermath of a spate of recent "gun violence" and, as any political ass-kissing dweeb would, jumped on a "hanging curveball" that had been sitting out there in the M.G.L., realizing nobody had legally clarified the section/paragraph whatever, and made a politically correct move in a moonbat state...
And issued her "directive" the other day - cuz she knew that she had checkmated the non-existent or volunteer legal teams who support the 2A?

What I'm getting at is... Shouldn't someone have seen this coming?.. that this statute is among several "hangers" just sitting out there waiting for a miserable c*nt to spend her evenings poring over the law books instead of having a poolside Corona with her wife or hanging out on the Vineyard with the rest of the Libs who actually have a life?

To a non-lawyer like me, it seems she just pulled a classic Anti move, jumped all over the Bucholz-ish hanger like A-Rod would and belted it onto the Commuter Rail tracks behind Lansdowne Street, much to the rage, anger and frustration of law abiding legal gun owner like ME.

Please correct /enlighten me if I'm wrong here..??

Words have to be interpreted within the context of what they meant at the time they were written. For example, at the time the Bill of Rights was written, "well regulated" meant "in good working order".

This NRA-ILA article provides a succinct explanation of why you are incorrect.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...rally-bans-thousands-of-previously-legal-guns

NRA-ILA said:
By copying the federal definition of an “assault weapon” the legislature showed clear intent to prohibit exactly those firearms that at the time were already prohibited under federal law.

By 1998, the federal ban on “assault weapons” had been in effect for nearly four years, and almost from day one of the federal ban, manufacturers were producing the “compliant” rifles that AG Healey is now targeting. Massachusetts legislators in 1998 were well aware of these compliant rifles, yet they chose not to alter their legislation to prohibit those rifles when they simply enacted a copy of the federal ban. It’s hard to imagine a more clear-cut example of legislative intent.

I have used everybody's input to create few newspaper articles which I sent just now to local papers and some international media. I hope for them to be published during this coming week.

Thank you. Please keep us posted. Much appreciated.

I think I can summarize what happened in 3 short sentences:

1) Maura Healey is a man hating lesbian,white men even more so.
2) She creates a ruling that really only affects male gun owners that were never going to vote for her anyway
3) She is a hero to the lesbians,she is a hero to the Libs

Win win for the lesbian SJW

Did I miss a anything ?

2) She creates a ruling that really only affects male gun owners that were never going to vote for her anyway

Did I miss a anything ?

To paraphrase Dubya, she hates us for our freedoms?

How far is this going to go. How crazy will the ban get. All automatic with more than x rounds. I had a dealer refuse to show me a 10/22 today and said it was no longer for sale. He shipping it to NH because it had a 10 round mag. Just a regular camo ss ruger. no flash nothing fancy. I thought he was kidding me. But no he wasn't.

How far is this going to go. How crazy will the ban get. All automatic with more than x rounds. I had a dealer refuse to show me a 10/22 today and said it was no longer for sale. He shipping it to NH because it had a 10 round mag. Just a regular camo ss ruger. no flash nothing fancy. I thought he was kidding me. But no he wasn't.

What dealer?

Did I miss a anything ?

Meh, gun owners werent going to vote for her so no loss there as you said, but lesbians and Libs were voting for her anyway so nothing gained for her there either.

I think the 10 22 is an assault weapon now.

I seem to remember she wrote something about, "all calibers."

It was speculated in another thread that this is about her gambling Hillary wins the presidency and gets to name one or more SC Justices. Maura's b.s. move gets challenged, makes it to the SC, the fix is in and the judges rule according to their political ideologies rather than the law, and then its set in stone for generations.

You keep looking at the federal level and Healey is looking at the state laws. Our state law states:

''Assault weapon'', shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC?70); (iv) Colt AR?15; (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (vi) SWD M?10, M?11, M?11/9 and M?12; (vi) Steyr AUG; (vii) INTRATEC TEC?9, TEC?DC9 and TEC?22; and (viii) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12

I am no legal expert by any stretch but I can see how she has a case. It makes it difficult because she can interpret it that way and at the very least get a stay of sales til it runs through the courts.

So .... If I could sell off my FAL's, AR's , AK and Uzi...... I could go pickup a SCAR or two and I keep my FS2000?

- - - Updated - - -

There's really no sense in bringing the law and logic to this argument. This is politics 101. And dirty politics at its finest.

She's playing to her own liberal beliefs system and to the voting crowd that happens to believe the same. This has zero to do with law and logic.

Which is exactly why I've advocated a number of times that we should just fu(k with the system.

If that is the game they want to play - they let's play.

What we need are new and advanced-thinking firearms engineers...

Perhaps the manufacturers should announce that since it is illegal to sell these weapons in Massachusetts, they regrettably will not be able to sell these weapons to any law enforcement agency within the state.

All the manufacturers have to do is issue an industry statement:

It is our *interpretation* of the newly issued edict from the MA Attorney General that it is illegal for any manufacturer to sell rifles that are considered to be "assault rifles" ( a term we disagree with) - into the state of Massachusetts. So as of July 21, 2016 no manufacturer will be shipping these rifles to *any* entities within the state of Massachusetts. At this time it is our understanding that bolt-action single shot rifles and pump actions are still legal and therefore will still be shipped to MA entities.

Then STOP SHIPPING THOSE RIFLES TO ANYBODY WITHIN THE STATE OF MA.

This would force the MA government - and Maura Healey to come out and issue a statement clarifying that it is still legal to sell to police. Which they would have to do after getting yelled at by police chiefs all across MA.

Seriously people - it's time to find every avenue to fu(k with them and USE IT.

- - - Updated - - -

Right... Like the way S&W scrubbed all "MA-compliant" versions from their site, immediately.

Does anybody know the president of S&W?

It was speculated in another thread that this is about her gambling Hillary wins the presidency and gets to name one or more SC Justices. Maura's b.s. move gets challenged, makes it to the SC, the fix is in and the judges rule according to their political ideologies rather than the law, and then its set in stone for generations.

Unfortunately in the last few instances the SC has refused to hear gun legislation.

I would find it appropriate and comical if weapon manufacturers simply refused to sell weapons to Mass. on the case that they would not want to risk last minute flip/flop litigation because of an interpretation.

Q: I am a law enforcement officer. Does the notice affect me?
•No. The notice does not change the law with respect to ownership of Assault weapons by law enforcement officers. Your existing right to buy and possess Assault weapons remains protected under Massachusetts law.

I hate this **** stain.

Here's a Q&A from Healy where she recognizes gun ownership as a right.

Spend 3-4 years developing new firearms that the AG can ban in one day? No thanks, we need a repeal of the AWB, nothing less.

Yes. I agree completely. And when the AWB is repealed, I want a new gun...[smile]

This would force the MA government - and Maura Healey to come out and issue a statement clarifying that it is still legal to sell to police. Which they would have to do after getting yelled at by police chiefs all across MA.

They've already done just that.

"Q: I am a law enforcement officer. Does the notice affect me?

No. The notice does not change the law with respect to ownership of Assault weapons by law enforcement officers. Your existing right to buy and possess Assault weapons remains protected under Massachusetts law."

http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html

Q: I am a law enforcement officer. Does the notice affect me?
•No. The notice does not change the law with respect to ownership of Assault weapons by law enforcement officers. Your existing right to buy and possess Assault weapons remains protected under Massachusetts law.

I hate this **** stain.

that is creating two classes of citizens. She and all the rest are truly POS. Rallies will not get this done, rallies only work if you are the FSA

They've already done just that.

"Q: I am a law enforcement officer. Does the notice affect me?

No. The notice does not change the law with respect to ownership of Assault weapons by law enforcement officers. Your existing right to buy and possess Assault weapons remains protected under Massachusetts law."

http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html

Worth a re-read: Barrett has it right - they had plenty to lose, but did what's right:

http://www.gunowners.org/op0304.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom