• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw an interview with Ice-T, probably old, I'm not sure but I was surprised by his comments. He was telling the host that he supports 2A because it's his right as an American and because it's about protecting America from tyranny, not hunting. If the idiot public would get that then they would understand why semi-autos are so important to us and why this is such a huge deal for you guys in MA.

I hope it takes them forever because they ran out of coins and don't have time to get more.

Go get them Comm2A!

Sending them $500 today. I hope they get buried in cash. If every gun owner in Mass sent them ten bucks that would be $5 million. That would cover some serious billable hours.

Sending them $500 today. I hope they get buried in cash. If every gun owner in Mass sent them ten bucks that would be $5 million. That would cover some serious billable hours.

giphy.gif

76m8e.gif

mibro is my new best friend.

But seriously donating (an undisclosed amount) now, we HAVE to win this....

I'll ask again in case it was lost - Anyone hear anything back from Rep Mirra? Called and emailed twice with no response.

Last edited:
My wife wrote this one:

Governor Baker,

I am very concerned about your lack of action regarding Attorney General Maura Healey’s efforts to repress citizens’ rights. You know better than I do that an AG’s role is to serve as the protector of citizens’ legal rights and advise the legislative branch – not to rewrite laws without public input. The AG’s rewriting of Massachusetts’s gun law over steps the office’s role. Any changes to Massachusetts’s laws follow a procedure that involves public input. The AG ignored the state process and back doored her personal agenda into Massachusetts’s laws. A power grab such as this is dangerous to all citizens of Massachusetts. You even acknowledge that overnight she made thousands of law abiding citizens open to criminal charges. Again, the AG is supposed to protect citizen’s rights, not make us criminals – especially in such a sneaky, middle of the night, backdoor way.

I respectfully ask that you rebuke the AG’s power grab and demand the AG to change laws in accordance with the Massachusetts legislative process. If one, whether it be you, the AG, or a regular citizen feels the gun law, as written, is subjected to loose interpretation, then follow the appropriate process – one that demands public knowledge and input. All of us are in a vulnerable position when one branch of the government is not held in check.

Anyone see the email from GOAL?:

GOAL Action Alert

Massachusetts Attorney General Creates Hundreds of Thousands of "Felons in Waiting"

We are not asking to be forgiven!!!!

As our members are well aware of by now, Massachusetts Attorney General took unilateral action this past Wednesday to completely redefine the term "Assault Weapon" under Massachusetts' law. In her move to further her political career with an all out assault on lawful citizens, she has offered a NEW interpretation of the gun laws that has essentially banned the possession, ownership, or transfer of ALL semi-automatic rifles that utilize a detachable magazine. Depending on how the courts look at the NEW interpretations, some handguns and shotguns could be affected as well.

Literally overnight, a single government official has retroactively created hundreds of thousands of felons. One thing gun owners should be very clear about - there is no "grandfathering" under these new rules.

While the AG has "graciously" stated that: "... not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016." It does not mean that she can't change her mind tomorrow or that some other entity cannot use it against us, such as local licensing authorities that use the new rules to declare an applicant unsuitable for renewal.

As a result of this chaos, many friendly public officials have offered to file emergency legislation that would offer permanent legal protection for the lawful gun owners who have purchased semi-automatic firearms. While we appreciate these genuine offers to protect our members, GOAL's message to our government at this time is simple:

We are not asking to be forgiven for crimes we did not commit!

We hope all of our members and gun owners appreciate and support our current position, but you are not at fault! Accepting an offer to protect us would do two things:

Admit that we have all committed a crime despite the fact that all of these transfers were approved by the state.
It would be recognizing the vast expansion of the Attorney General's NEW interpretation that will ban the future sale and possession of virtually every semi-automatic gun on the market.

While GOAL continues to confer with leaders all around the country about the best course of action, we need all citizens to attend GOAL's rally at the State House on Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 10:00 am.

Bring your family, your friends, and your neighbors.
Call your local state representative and senator and ask them to join you at the rally.
Contact your local police chief and police officers and ask them to join you. We have always had their backs, now they need to have ours.

Tell them all: If they can do this to us, they can do it to you!

Looks like the legislature is looking to pass emergency legislation to grandfather in this new classification of "Assault Weapon".

They need to repeal this AWB. What is to stop another tyrant in the future from making us all felons overnight AGAIN!?!

My wife wrote this one:

Governor Baker,

I am very concerned about your lack of action regarding Attorney General Maura Healey’s efforts to repress citizens’ rights. You know better than I do that an AG’s role is to serve as the protector of citizens’ legal rights and advise the legislative branch – not to rewrite laws without public input. The AG’s rewriting of Massachusetts’s gun law over steps the office’s role. Any changes to Massachusetts’s laws follow a procedure that involves public input. The AG ignored the state process and back doored her personal agenda into Massachusetts’s laws. A power grab such as this is dangerous to all citizens of Massachusetts. You even acknowledge that overnight she made thousands of law abiding citizens open to criminal charges. Again, the AG is supposed to protect citizen’s rights, not make us criminals – especially in such a sneaky, middle of the night, backdoor way.

I respectfully ask that you rebuke the AG’s power grab and demand the AG to change laws in accordance with the Massachusetts legislative process. If one, whether it be you, the AG, or a regular citizen feels the gun law, as written, is subjected to loose interpretation, then follow the appropriate process – one that demands public knowledge and input. All of us are in a vulnerable position when one branch of the government is not held in check.

Mind if I use as an outline to send to my libtard anti gun representatives? I like how she describes the AG's overreach as setting a dangerous precedent as the main focus of the letter.

just met with my rep...these were his thoughts...he's a middle of the road Dem who has become more friendly to guns over the past few years and has gotten an LTC...

He noticed that there wasn't one legislator standing with our little friend when she dropped her little bomb.

He was proud of the 2014 "sweeping reforms", which he felt were discussed thoroughly, he agrees that there was an opportunity to go full retard (i.e., a SAFE Act-type thing like Healy did) and no legislator other than a few nuts like Creem and Linsky wanted that.

He can't get the AG to discuss his own pet legislation, finds her insular, and this latest thing is more of the same

There is not much he can do as the legislature is closing up until January 2017

He fears that the AG may piss so many people off that it could turn MA into a swing state

If she's "shooting" for Governor, this did not make any friends with many key people

They were expecting a quiet final day to discuss some budget overrides and now Maura has caused this huge protest tomorrow which they are not looking forward to.

Last edited:
just met with my rep...these were his thoughts...he's a middle of the road Dem who has become more friendly to guns over the past few years and has gotten an LTC...

He noticed that there wasn't one legislator standing with our little friend when she dropped her little bomb.

He was proud of the 2014 "sweeping reforms", which he felt were discussed thoroughly, he agrees that there was an opportunity to go full retard (i.e., a SAFE Act-type thing like Healy did) and no legislator other than a few nuts like Creem and Linsky wanted that.

He can't get the AG to discuss his own pet legislation, finds her insular, and this latest thing is more of the same

He fears that the AG may piss so many people off that it could turn MA into a swing state

They were expecting a quiet final day to discuss some budget overrides and now Maura has caused this huge protest tomorrow which they are not looking forward to.

Game on, bitches!

Wow

Charlie Baker rode on the backs of law abiding gun owners all the way to the state house. I hope he hasn't forgotten that ? If he sits back and does nothing, his political career is over. Governor Baker, get off your ass and do something or start looking for a new job when your term is over. AG Healey had her 15 minutes of fame. Governor Baker if you do the right thing you too can have your 15 minutes. Fight or flee, the choice is yours.

So I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, but if anyone hasn't seen this article in the Commonwealth, it seems to change things with respect to this past Wednesday's sales.

The purchases were in defiance of an order issued by Healey that none of the guns could be sold in Massachusetts after Tuesday. Now Healey, whose intent was to get rid of the weapons, finds herself in the awkward position of trying to undo a run on what she has called “weapons of war” after they’ve already been sold.

While Healey’s office remained silent on what would happen to those who bought the guns Wednesday, her spokeswoman said dealers could face criminal or civil sanctions for the sales. The statute calls for up to two years in jail for selling the banned guns.
The key issue is when Healey’s order took effect. In a directive made to the state’s 350 gun dealers on Tuesday she ordered them to cease selling the weapons “immediately.” At her press conference announcing the directive on Wednesday, she said none of the weapons could be sold after Tuesday. Her spokeswoman, however, said on Thursday that the attorney general’s directive took effect at the time of her announcement, presumably on Wednesday. (Healey also wrote about her new policy in an op-ed in the Boston Globe that appeared online on Tuesday and ran in the Wednesday paper.)

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/guns/healey-triggers-gun-buying-frenzy/

Hmm. This is a Messiah-complex type action from Healey. Very typical with social justice warriors, they are utterly convinced of the righteousness of their cause to the point where they believe they are above the law. It is a kind of mental illness.

Unfortunately this particular Messiah thinks she has the right to unilaterally make the law and was in a position to do so.

Exodious,

I'm Alex Flig, the attorney who prosecuted the Draper v. Healey case. If you've been following that saga, there was a huge dispute re laws/statutes and regulations in the District Court proceedings. Based on my work on Draper I can tell you with near 100% confidence that you are absolutely CORRECT: laws are enacted by the legislative branch; regulations are put in place by an executive branch agency. The agency MAY interpret the law with wide latitude, but that latitude is not without limits.

What the AG has effectively done here is not interpreted--she has legislated. This, however, is a longer discussion.

Alex

So can you use your existing case law and request an emergency stay from a Judge?

Just spoke to bakers office again - the guy on the phone said that gov baker says she has the right to do what she did. I then proceeded to school the dolt on the branches of government and exactly why we didn't have just one. I think they are bringing in temps to answer phones cause this guy knew zero! I then asked if he had any insight into gov bakers position on this going forward - and told him I hoped for the sake of his second term he would do something about it.

Also - I invited Ryan Fattman to the rally. I hope he shows. I would be surprised if he didn't.

go ahead - please do

I have used this as well - thank you !
I also added that Baker won the last election by less that 700 votes, and the with the 21k signatures on the 'Over Turn the AG's Decision of the "Assault Weapons" Ban' petition, the next election will have a very different outcome.

Latest response from my Rep after I invited him to the rally. He's a Dem, but mildly pro 2A.

Thanks David. Yes, this action by the AG is more troubling as we understand the full impacts of it. I am glad that you are going into Boston for the rally on Saturday. Unfortunately I will not be there, as I have a family commitment on Saturday that was made before this unusual Saturday session was scheduled. But I look forward to working with GOAL on this matter as it moves forward.

Thanks again,

Steve

Rep. Stephen Kulik
First Franklin District

ETA: I have heard nothing back from two emails and a phone call from my senator, President Stan Rosenberg. No surprise.

Don't GAF about Healy, I want a repeal of the AWB to prevent future tyrants from attempting to usurp power similarly in the future!!

Just spoke to bakers office again - the guy on the phone said that gov baker says she has the right to do what she did. I then proceeded to school the dolt on the branches of government and exactly why we didn't have just one. I think they are bringing in temps to answer phones cause this guy knew zero! I then asked if he had any insight into gov bakers position on this going forward - and told him I hoped for the sake of his second term he would do something about it.

Also - I invited Ryan Fattman to the rally. I hope he shows. I would be surprised if he didn't.

I called three times today and they all said the response that you got. That Gov Baker said that she has the right to do what she did. I also explained to them how they were wrong, calmly, and tried to use a simple analogy. "There is a law that bans red cars. The ag interprets that you can no longer drive blue cars, or any cars because they have wheels and look like red cars." The law was clear cut and defined on what constituted an 'assault weapon' and case law backs that up. I requested that the Gov rethink his position on what the AG did, as it was unlawful and we will remember during the 2018 Gubernatorial election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom