Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought pre-94 stuff wasn't impacted, but he's saying we'd had to have owned it prior to the 94 ban.

She essentially said that everything is illegal but her office will exercise prosecutorial discretion to not charge anyone who obtained their illegal assault weapons prior to 7/20. For now anyway. She also noted that the AG's office could basically change it's mind at any time.

Glock 18 = machine gun (pistol) assault weapon

glock 19 = semi auto version of assault weapon hence ILLEGAL!

so... are all glocks that can share a part with the 18 assault weapons?

ughHHHHHHHHH

your honor: this here ruger 10/22 that this defendant kid has to plink paper is substantially similar to the m14 machine gun.
the commonwealth recommends a lengthy prison term for this offense.

way to go maura.you creature of the black lagoon.

Really?

Full disclosure: I haven't had the stomach to read her actual directive. Some day I will, but I'm not there yet.

1994 pre-ban stuff is clearly not affected by this current interpretation. You don't need to have owned it before hand and it can still be transferred ftf or with an ffl. Nothing has changed with that. Anything post '94 is illegal.

Meanwhile, in New Hampshire................[rofl]
Our day is coming, whether ultimately imposed at the federal level or the gun prohibition horde rams something through at the state level. This huge victory for gun prohibitionists in MA will only serve to embolden disarmament enthusiasts elsewhere.

How about prosecuting a few of the gun store owners that flaunt the current law. That will shut down sales quickerr than any notice from the AG. Claiming an assault rifle without a scope is not an assault rifle is the same as saying a car without side mirrors is not a car.

This comment (bolded part especially) made my head hurt.

1994 pre-ban stuff is clearly not affected by this current interpretation. You don't need to have owned it before hand and it can still be transferred ftf or with an ffl. Nothing has changed with that. Anything post '94 is illegal.

Call her office and ask. I guarantee you this is NOT TRUE. She clearly stated transfers as illegal.

She essentially said that everything is illegal but her office will exercise prosecutorial discretion to not charge anyone who obtained their illegal assault weapons prior to 7/20. For now anyway. She also noted that the AG's office could basically change it's mind at any time.

Everything sold SINCE '94 is illegal - sold under loophole

This is why i moved to NH. Listen WE NEED EVERY ONE OF YOU MASS WHOLES TO MOVE HERE ASAP! We need the votes and we need the muscle before this disease spreads. MASS is a lost cause. Always has been. GET HERE ASAP!
I'm looking at an apartment up there after work today.

Healy "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

So it's time to upgrade all my ar's and ak's with all the fun stuff because it's all illegal now anyways? As Hillary would say, What difference does it make now?

Did I understand that correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why i moved to NH. Listen WE NEED EVERY ONE OF YOU MASS WHOLES TO MOVE HERE ASAP! We need the votes and we need the muscle before this disease spreads. MASS is a lost cause. Always has been. GET HERE ASAP!
How about you start by leaving out that gay " MASS HOLES" out of your rant? Every time I see that it boils my blood, your talking to fellow gun owners that are being oppressed and your essentially being ignorant.

And FYI, anyone looking to move, While Texas isn't perfect, at least we are headed the right way. And there's lots of jobs in the DFW area, good paying jobs.

I will personally pick you up from the airport, let you spend a week on my couch (sorry, moving to a smaller place and won't have a guest room) while you get acclimated and seek housing/jobs/etc. I even cook very well!

I'm glad you are the only one to have interpreted what Healey said yesterday. Unfortunately, what she ACTUALLY said was that the written word of the AWB doesn't matter and that she will provide her own reading of it. At no point did she affirm the validity of pre 1994 rifles under the ban.

She is attempting to ban everything and the transfers of everything. Read her Q&A.

For the love of all things 2A, go be by yourself in your ivory tower while the rest of of us try to be constructive with our time.

Some choose and stand to fight. Good thing our forefathers didn't have that attitude or they would have bailed to another country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call her office and ask. I guarantee you this is NOT TRUE. She clearly stated transfers as illegal.
m
Of post 1994 post-ban loop hole guns bought "illegally"

- - - Updated - - -

Sold = Transferred

I don't understand why you're missing that equivalency.

Sold does equal transferred but I'm talking about pre-ban rifles, they do not fall under the closure of the loophole.

For the love of all things 2A, go be by yourself in your ivory tower while the rest of of us try to be constructive with our time.

Do you disagree that all you guys becoming neighbors with us up here would solidify a great base of liberty minded pro 2a supporters? I'm not saying this to piss you guys off, just saying that it's an option for some.
We have plenty to worry about up here, but it's not game over yet. We need strong patriots willing to relocate and help out on the front.

m
Of post 1994 post-ban loop hole guns bought "illegally"

- - - Updated - - -

Sold does equal transferred but I'm talking about pre-ban rifles, they do not fall under the closure of the loophole.

Yes they do. She has thrown out date of manufacture and replaced it with PURCHASE DATE. Her interpretation is any semi gun transferred after 94 is illegal.

Yup. Don't worry. Once she's sure this isn't going to be overturned, she'll take it as a green light to go further.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe you're going to be able to buy MGs or Prebans any more. She considers any transfer after the ban illegal.

If you seriously think she just banned all ARs, AKs, etc, but it still going to let you buy a MG, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL.

This is a direct result of Draper v. Healey. She was challenged, politically embarrassed and won. She's doubling down. It's payback time. This is the problem with being in a position of weakness and politically gun owners in MA are a persecuted minority. If you stand up for yourself and lose you're ****ed. If you stand up for yourself and win, you're ****ed. It's like the Jews under the Tsar - keep your had down and try not to get noticed. MA is a lost cause. Either bend over or move.

No we really dont........anyone that hasnt been fighting all along and putting up the good fight should remain in mass

If you are serious about opposing unconstitutional/unlawful gun control and are willing to WORK to do it then by all means come to NH

We dont need more lazy freeloaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom