Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's part of the driving force behind this bullshit.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Yup at this point the only good an in state shop is going to be is to buy handguns since they can't be bought out of state and just driven home.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

good point, we got standard Fed AWB with all the language in it, if this shit floats in MA it may float elsewhere. Like with BarryCare, Rs will puff and huff and let D ick slide in.

Do you ever get out of MA? Other states do not have AWB's in place modeled on the former Federal AWB. Lots of other states.

There is no reference to any federal AWB in the gun laws where I live.

Well, I have a lot of AR's on the shelves that it looks like I won't be selling here in MA tomorrow. MA dealers are going to be taking a serious hit today.
I'm here until 11, if anyone wants to buy an AR or an AK tonight, well, tomorrow it'll be a pre-post-ban I guess and worth double what you pay for it. For me it'll just be a liability.
Call me at (978) 697-1549 if you want to make a last minute deal. When the sun comes up tomorrow they'll all be going to Gunbroker.

This state is totally ****ed.
We knew it, and we put up with it, but tomorrow I'm sending as much as I can to Comm 2A and GOAL.
I hope we can make a big enough stink.
But, this might be the end of the road for many of us.
Thanks,
Mark White
Fine Line Firearms

So after spending all day reading most if not all the post here and in the end im kind of worried. Took them about 18 years to figure this out(since 1998). If there hasn't been so much death with using an "assault weapon" in the past 2 weeks or so i don't know if this would be here today.

With that being said...

Whats stopping the AG from banning "handguns" in the furture.... like another 18 years from now..the AG could say that "handguns" are made for "police" or something like that....

what she did today is very disturbing very...

Signed the petition....sent scathing emails. Calling Gov and reps when I get back from vac. Eff this. Too much is too damn much.

i shall never ever enforce this unconstitutional decree....so tired

Last edited:
Do you ever get out of MA? Other states do not have AWB's in place modeled on the former Federal AWB. Lots of other states.

There is no reference to any federal AWB in the gun laws where I live.

California, New York, CT all have AWB in place, where do you think they got the idea for them? They all took the Federal one and strengthened it by changing 2 features to 1 feature

Wow!!! Just wow!!!

Carl at FS has been serving the shooters needs for a while with great service and pricing.

A douche bag for an AG wages a war on legal guns and lawful owners behind the scenes with the state on close to a full shut down for the summer at the peak of the GOP convention, the loss of LEO's in several cities from illegal actions of severely deranged people, a media whose largest concern is BLM and electing some size 20 liar wearing a lamp shade in the shape of a pant suit, the blatant lies to Congress and the FBI who look the other way, Ect. Ect. Ect.

Now all of a sudden FSG along with many other shops are ordered by the AG to do something whether it be right or wrong in a court sanctioned interpretation by a rug licker who most likely over stepped her bounds in the first place yet now a few here are ready to toss these shops and owners under the wheels of the band bus? Somehow I thought he was one of us. Somehow I thought we should work together.

As mentioned these shop owners have families to feed and bills to pay. Some of you who look for the cheapest price around now all of a sudden think these guys can work on a 1% margin plus pay store front rent, keep a roof over and feed their families while you grind them down on pricing or shop the internet.

Amazing

ETA I din not intend for this to exclude other great shops I've dealt with. I was just pissed at a few who felt the need to drop this on his doorstep.

Last edited:
Even doing this costs money, as you would have to pay to have these systems integrated in some way. The existing systems in place are too primitive to do this.

So if this tinfoiler fantasy is to happen, some legislator is going to have to allot cash to this in a budget.

-Mike

Don't worry, they'll just increase the fare on the T again to offset the costs. [laugh]

Have been reading for hours. Replies are posting faster than I can read them.

I started reading page 1 when the last page was 53, by the time I got I got done we're at page 188.

Alright,alright...jeeez.

sorry for jumping down your throat but after seeing that b.s repeated here 1000 times, I couldn't take it anymore.

People need to read the law they're getting all worked up into a lather over before they go jumping to conclusions over what they think it says as opposed to reading what it ACTUALLY says.

It would be great if all the gun shop owners filed a class action/civil lawsuit against her. I don't have a lot but I'd be willing to donate towards the cause and I'm sure others would too. Good luck.

Well, I have a lot of AR's on the shelves that it looks like I won't be selling here in MA tomorrow. MA dealers are going to be taking a serious hit today.
I'm here until 11, if anyone wants to buy an AR or an AK tonight, well, tomorrow it'll be a pre-post-ban I guess and worth double what you pay for it. For me it'll just be a liability.
Call me at (978) 697-1549 if you want to make a last minute deal. When the sun comes up tomorrow they'll all be going to Gunbroker.

This state is totally ****ed.
We knew it, and we put up with it, but tomorrow I'm sending as much as I can to Comm 2A and GOAL.
I hope we can make a big enough stink.
But, this might be the end of the road for many of us.
Thanks,
Mark White
Fine Line Firearms

Any idea want happens to SBRs going forward? I have a rifle that I'd like to SBR. It's already eFA10'ed, but do things change when a tax stamp arrives now.

Last edited:
I posted that earlier, I asked my Reps office if the last three were inept and didn't comprehend the law or is she that much smarter.

Maybe we can sue them for financial losses after all they didn't protect us.

They say you reap what you sow. I hope she enjoys the heat.

These people treat law as if it is some kind of mystical religious text, that if you just study long enough you can divine some new meaning out of it that no one realized before. It doesn't matter what the original writers of the law said about it at the time they wrote it, or what it otherwise clearly meant back then... what matters now is the secret meaning that only a wise prophet like Maura Healy could possibly figure out. Today it is "OMG 'assault rifles' really are illegal", tomorrow it is "OMG all semi auto rifles are actually just like 'assault rifles' so they're illegal too."

Eff you Maura Healy

sorry for jumping down your throat but after seeing that b.s repeated here 1000 times, I couldn't take it anymore.

People need to read the law they're getting all worked up into a lather over before they go jumping to conclusions over what they think it says as opposed to reading what it ACTUALLY says.

Dude, people have been reading the law for 18 years (more if you include the federal version,) and it effectively just changed with an op-ed and a press conference. Clearly what it ACTUALLY says doesn't mean a whole lot.

Honestly, I'm so angry at this point. My LTC could literally come any day now, and I can't even go take part in the last minute buying. I had been planning on going out and picking out a decent AR as a birthday present to myself when it came. Not it looks like that's not going to happen at all.

No problem. Ive been checking in on the thread for a couple minutes here and there during the day and then trying to catch up at home. Got the impression it was basically an "all things semi auto" ban.

It is my understanding that comm2a said in an early post that, strictly speaking, Maura Healy's interpretation bans all semiautos.

I would not normally do this.

Everyone that has to live in MA is tired of being told "move the hell out". Yadda, yadda, yadda.

I do not recommend moving out to somewhere else in New England. It is only a matter of time before the libs reach critical mass in your neighboring states.

Look towards the south and the west. People are friendlier, housing is much less expensive, no snow, beaches actually have warm water.

We did not have anything tying us to NE, neither one of us were from there. We had no idea what NC was like. I had traveled here on business, but that does not really tell a person much about a state. But I had a longtime friend who lived here, called him and asked him about it. Then we spent several trips exploring around the place, not the tourist areas. A real eye opener. Lots of northern people think the south is chock full of rednecks. That is very dated information at best. Over the last 30 years there has been a significant change in the demographics. Sure, if you move out into the middle of the mountains in NC you are going to be seeing a lot of rednecks. Frankly, I do not have a problem with them, but New Englanders might.

Anyway, if you have really had it, and you can do it. . .start looking around.

Give ya a hint here. Our home in the Boston area sold for about 450K on a .5 acre. We are on 1 acre here, wooded, same size house and that cost us all of 180K. Think about that if you look for a job here, you do not need to make a boatload of money to live really comfortably.

Anyway, hope someone kicks the slimy old dyke in the taco a good one.

It is my understanding that comm2a said in an early post that, strictly speaking, Maura Healy's interpretation bans all semiautos.

It's pretty easy to read it that way. I doubt that was a mistake by the AG's office.

Any idea want happens to SBRs going forward? I have a rifle that I'd like to SBR. It's already eFA10'ed, but do things change when a tax stamp arrives now.

A lot of us have items in NFA jail. The pessimist in me says they all get denied

What happens to gun stores that have made serious financial investments and business plans now they lose what 50% of their sales?

Just make it anyway - CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE -

For those considering moving north to freedom after this move, please only do so if you're not only pro-gun, but conservative in general. Liberal ideologies eventually lead to everything we see happening in MA.

So much for freedom. F U

It's pretty easy to read it that way. I doubt that was a mistake by the AG's office.

Her directive is vague enough that it basically could be stretched to cover every semiautomatic rifle and shotgun if she wants to do so. She's starting small with ARs and AKs.

Honestly, I'm so angry at this point. My LTC could literally come any day now, and I can't even go take part in the last minute buying. I had been planning on going out and picking out a decent AR as a birthday present to myself when it came. Not it looks like that's not going to happen at all.

No - but as I read the enforcement letter, I take it to read that if someone in MA owns an AR before today, they should be able to transfer it to you FTF without a violation (YMMV)

How does this work relative to the governors office? Is this something that Baker has been aware of? Just curious.

No - but as I read the enforcement letter, I take it to read that if someone in MA owns an AR before today, they should be able to transfer it to you FTF without a violation (YMMV)

Yeah, at probably double the price for a used gun

How does this work relative to the governors office? Is this something that Baker has been aware of? Just curious.

from talking to someone in his office, i got the impression they might have been blindsided. Then again maybe they knew and didnt expect a push back with it being Mass

Her directive is vague enough that it basically could be stretched to cover every semiautomatic rifle and shotgun if she wants to do so. She's starting small with ARs and AKs.

"A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon."

In light of this morning's news does anyone feel like betting on what she means by "substantially similar?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom