• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The directive specifically outlines two tests to determine what constitutes a “copy” or “duplicate” of a prohibited weapon. If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon, or if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon, it’s a “copy” or “duplicate,” and it is illegal"

What does this even mean? Where is this mentioned in the Massachusetts AWB? Is this made up completely or am I missing something because I find it hard to believe that this was over looked by probobly hundreds of lawyers over the past decade..

No it was never in MA law, and still isn't. That is her new way of "interpreting" the old law and those are hew NEW tests.

Everyone in and out of state.

Yeah but you were all felons before the match anyway. It would make sense to give S&W a heads up before doing this. It's one thing to **** a bunch of small retailers - another to **** a pretty big company headquartered in your back yard with no notice.

i think this could turn out good for us here is why:

1 Healey announced this in during the summer. that means that we can mobilize. In the winter it is harder to get people to hold signs, protest, and knock on legislators doors. We need to mobilze and get heard.

2 We have a Republican Governor. yes I know Romney F'd us but it's better that Duval.
3. She did her best Darth Vader impression today (vid for fun). She opened things up for a court battle. Give money and time. support our LOCAL gun orgs and lets give her a fight. Maybe we can get the AWB thrown out. wouldn't that be something to celebrate. she got greedy now lets organize and fight.

I like it he glass half full attitude. I hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
They'd do it and not bat an eye. They'd take your possessions, sell them to the next five figure tax payer and move on.

Abso****inglutely. To think that tax revenue would be a deterrent to these people is extremely ignorant. They can always just add another tax/fee/f-over whenever they want.

Yeah but you were all felons before the match anyway. It would make sense to give S&W a heads up before doing this. It's one thing to **** a bunch of small retailers - another to **** a pretty big company headquartered in your back yard with no notice.

It's quite clear she does not care about the gun industry or anyone that participates in it. Why would she give a courtesy call to them?

I belong to GOAL, NRA, Comm2A, etc. etc... Waiting to see if my money is spent wisely.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

For the late comers who don't want to read the whole thread and people worried they are coming for you...

From the official release: http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/assault-weapons-guidance.pdf

That last line does give pause though.

From her statement (OP):https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...weapons-ban/eEvOBklTriWcGznmXqSpYM/story.html

Obviously things can change at any moment, clearly proven today. But as it stands right now, at least according to the quotes above, NO you did not all become felons overnight

Yes, we did,
you should have listened to the complete conference with Q&A session afterwards or just read up first few pages in this thread.

I can't find Q&A session anywhere, but it's not just me, more people heard her say this shit.

Periscope did not include her answers to the press ... that's what you need to listen to

You guys can probably fix this with voting. Freedom is dead in MA, the sooner you put MA in your rear view mirror the better you will feel. Life is way too short to live under tyrannical rule.

Your logic is quite refreshing. Not being sarcastic here.

It is perfectly relevant because how the **** does the system know I have an "assault weapon" without recognizing make and model? How is it going to flag the guns?

I buy a rifle called a Super Zagnut, it's checked off as low capacity. How does the system know whether or not it is a banned gun? It doesn't.

Wrong. Not in every circumstance. If I outbound those guns FA-10s are not filed. Or if the dealer buys them from me and sells them on gunbroker. No FA10s filed there.

It is queryable but it is a ****ing mess. That's the part you don't understand.

The only way this would become less than a Tinfoiler phantasm it currently is if the legislature decides to completely **** gun owners and fund a bill that demands confiscation or something like that. This AG stuff is an annoyance; but if the legislature voted for this we would be genuinely ****ed.

-Mike

This is bigger than moving out of state at this point.
If you ever purchased or owned one of the "banned rifles" in MA since 1998, you are now a felon by the new AG interpretation. You can't escape that simply by leaving MA

You are not a felon until you're convicted, period. Focus on the real facts and law here.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Wally1775

https://www.change.org/p/charles-bak...edium=copylink

[FONT=&quot]You’re one of 3,146 people to sign this petition. Now help find 1,854 more people to reach the goal.[/FONT]

No it was never in MA law, and still isn't. That is her new way of "interpreting" the old law and those are hew NEW tests.

ok... so she cant fine people or press charges with out due process, and due process will not work with out law. So this is a scare tactic. Unless this is signed into law I do not see how this effects anything or how she can force FFL's to pull guns off the shelves. The fact they all gave in proves she can push us over with an article in a newspaper..

It's just like FFL's getting sued over selling Glocks, technically its not illegal unless something somewhere in MGL says there are restricted handguns that FFL's cant sell and they need to meet the roster and AG safety list..

This state is a god damn mess... I really dont even know what to say. I hope Charley really does his homework on this and turns this shit around.. But I'm doubtful as hes a Republican with a capital "D"

I replied to his email, "so your just going to roll over huh?"

then my phone rings. It's Carl. All upset. Long story short, I'm banned from his store now.

I tried to ask him if he plans to fight it but then he went on a tirade about how he donates more $$ to the NRA than I do (as if he knows me or something). I asked him if, when Maura grants herself the authority to ban all semi auto handguns if he's just going to shut his shop down. That's when he told me I can't shop at his store anymore.

Maybe he should have put in his email that they're suspending sales but planning a legal challenge.

Dude , Really.
Call the guy back and apologize.
He's a great guy and always has taken care of his customers.
He gets this shit dropped on him like a bomb on his house and the first thing you want to do is call and tweek him?
These guys aren't in the business for a hobby , it's their livelihood and what keeps a roof over their head and their family fed.
You think the guy really needed a backhand in the nuts today to top it off?

i hope FFLs in MA form some type of union, hire fine legal counsel and refuse to do ANY business for the purposes of the state. the AG wants to bite the FFLs but they do serve a critical role for govt as well.

ok... so she cant fine people or press charges with out due process, and due process will not work with out law. So this is a scare tactic. Unless this is signed into law I do not see how this effects anything or how she can force FFL's to pull guns off the shelves. The fact they all gave in proves she can push us over with an article in a newspaper..

It's just like FFL's getting sued over selling Glocks, technically its not illegal unless something somewhere in MGL says there are restricted handguns that FFL's cant sell and they need to meet the roster and AG safety list..

This state is a god damn mess... I really dont even know what to say. I hope Charley really does his homework on this and turns this shit around..

Because part of the AGs role is to interpret laws. This is an interpretation of an existing law.... granted its an overreach, but for the time being, this is how she believes (and her prosecutors will act upon this) that the law functions.

And its not just dealers, its possession.

Mike

I'm so glad on so many levels that I can call myself a former lifelong resident of the Commonwealth. We made a decision late last year to relocate to the Metro Atlanta area. Talk show hosts down here are beside themselves with this one......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom