Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's say "A friend of mine" bought several AR's from a RI dealer and did not do the registration in Mass. The guns are considered to be at his daughters house in RI. So once he brings them into Mass he has a week to register them. So that window is closing today.

Yes. That window is about to shut violently tonight. They can shut the efa10 website to **** you guys more.

but can't you store them in another residence of your family in another state? and the guns will be safe?

Assuming you're actually concerned about this, I don't see why not. That's always been the case with everything other than 209A/prohibited person issues.

-Mike

To be fair, he's still on the subject. You just think state has no labor force to push through the ban and he thinks people will cooperate with ban in order to avoid the felony charges.

Well if they turn the gun owners to felons then what will that cost the state? Tax payers going to prison is going to destroy their budget so I doubt they would go massive on the arrest. Plus where would they put everyone?

Frick ing spell check[hmmm]

All that language about interchangeable parts...when will Brownells, Midway, CTD, etc decide it's too risky to sell uppers/barrels/triggers to MA residents for fear they are enabling a felony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not unless you live in a border state with allowable laws of sale. I can buy a rifle from Wrench and vice-versa and drive it home, North to South Carolina.

Still a federal felony. Do some research.

He can buy from GA and I can buy from TN and VA.

Only rifles /shotguns from FFLs. You cannot go private with dissimilar residency without violating federal law, unless at least one of the parties is an FFL.

-Mike

Some of you guys know...I moved to Texas 5 months ago from MA!

Come on down...

Got a brand new, beautifully appointed house on the cheap, weather is better, people are nicer, no state income taxes, and the gun laws are much more accommodating. What are you guys waiting for? :)

This is bigger than moving out of state at this point.
If you ever purchased or owned one of the "banned rifles" in MA since 1998, you are now a felon by the new AG interpretation. You can't escape that simply by leaving MA

Well if they turn the gun owners to fellows then what will that cost the state? Tax payers going to prison is going to destroy their bdget so I debt they would go massive on the arrest. Plus where would they put everyone?

just arrest a few. Watch how fast people surrender. You have more than half of the people in MA hate guns. Gun owners are not majority of resident here in MA.

To all those MFS lovers, they sent this out:
29e8f6148f46b155b6f06c30e317a691.jpg

If you ever purchased or owned one of the "banned rifles" in MA since 1998, you are now a felon by the new AG interpretation. You can't escape that simply by leaving MA

You actually have to be convicted or under indictment for said felony before you are actually "tainted" as a prohibited person federally.

-Mike

Interesting that MFS appears to not be willing to sell stripped lowers, something that has never been considered a firearm in MA.

I know I have mentioned this a few times, but I still don't see any mention of this in MSM, not even the Herald. It isn't a very busy news day, the Herald has had the same headline all day.

I know I have mentioned this a few times, but I still don't see any mention of this in MSM, not even the Herald. It isn't a very busy news day, the Herald has had the same headline all day.

Not sure WTF is going on, but I am a bit surprised by the lack of media on this one.

I figured Breitbart and Drudge would be all over this...

Last edited:
Even doing this costs money, as you would have to pay to have these systems integrated in some way. The existing systems in place are too primitive to do this.

So if this tinfoiler fantasy is to happen, some legislator is going to have to allot cash to this in a budget.

-Mike

I disagree. They already don't allow you to renew your lic/reg if you have enough outstanding tickets or court ordered and therefore on "the list". Do you think they can't add some more license numbers to the list? Of course everything costs money. You would have to pay some liberal arts major from UMass $13/hr to enter the data for a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom