Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
She insists that she isn't changing the law. "I hope and expect that this is something that all gun dealers will be well versed and attend to."

all because some islamic terrorist moron shot a bunch of gays. Had this been a heterosexual issue she wouldn't even care. Talk about a bigot.

I've been told here on NES that he's cool though. One of the good guys.
Yep, we've all been told that here at NES - told by one person who met him at a street hockey game in Dorchester and was impressed with what a pretty "reasonable" guy the sniveling little dweeb/mouse-maggot can be.

ETA: Which reminds me, on our recent vacation to Disney in January, we're on the bus one morning, headed to the Magic Kingdom, and who is sitting next to us but Evans' brother and his family... (We picked up on the Southie/Dorchester accent he had that is even heavier than my Dawchesta accent).

He was just like his brother (in other words, he was also a sniveling little mouse-resembling, self-important dweeb.

Last edited:
Question was asked about what people/dealers are to do with weapons they have now. Did a good job of ignoring it by "taking a moment" to thank all those in attendance.

I still don't understand how this applies to citizens vs FFLs

you could still get around this completely by building an AR from scratch with a compliant upper if it only applies to FFLs

it's effectively immediately, can't sell them today or tomorrow

What a freaking mess. What if a small time FFL didn't get the letter until this afternoon? What about the 99% of LTC holders who don't yet know it became "illegal" today.

this still doesn't make sense, as assault weapon is well defined

... also she said that assault weapon posession is illegal ... welcome my comrades felons, that's what she just said. They will not focus on this now, i.e. confiscate them ... now, but they are illegal.

Can't hear questions being asked. She has really practiced for this and kept it all to herself. The legislature is going to be upset with not being informed espeically at the end of their session.

I don't get the pant shitting hysterics over this. This is verbatim a redux of the EOPS memo that everyone basically ignored. What is she going to prosecute someone with? It's not codified in the law. Unlike with CMR940, Healy has no delegated power WRT these types of firearms.

-Mike

What a freaking mess. What if a small time FFL didn't get the letter until this afternoon? What about the 99% of LTC holders who don't yet know it became "illegal" today.

Given that most people don't read the Globe, people at work aren't watching TV, and the mail comes in the afternoon, I'd expect that anyone who isn't on NES or following GOAL/Comm2A Twitter has no idea this is happening.

I mean, all the progressives know because none of them have jobs.

"How gun mfg's choose to handle this will be up to them"
"Ma compliant are banned for sale in this state"

She says that she has spoken to the legislature.

she steps too far, saying that even AR/AK "mass compliant" guns are "clones" and thus are AWs. Possessing them is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom