• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my desk drawer, sealed in an envelope is this prediction:

This gets overturned, but this is not what she cares about. This is political, she wants to be AG for Hillary.

And if Hillary wins, a great choice for her. LGBT, women, tried to get new AWB done in MA. Perfect choice for as Fed AG.

This. The timing and audacity betray it as an audition for Hillary.

You don't understand how ****ed up the MA gun registration system is. [rofl] This isn't like the revenue machine at the RMV.

This isn't about entering the data for a few weeks" its about having a system that flags people, and then reports it to another system, etc.

For starters, even based on make and model, how can someone tell whether or not that gun, as configured, violates the law?

Also, consider the data contamination- guns in MA's system are never disposed of. So if you buy 100 guns and sell them all, the system still says you own 100 guns. So they're going to suspend people's drivers license renewals for guns they don't own? [rofl] MA's system, as currently configured, is not set up to provide clean data.

-Mike

Government is never at fault. It will work like IRS. You will need to produce the evidence. No evidence, no license. Mike, this is a job for couple of kids from oversea database farm for 2 weeks.

As someone noted, the lack of media attention is odd. I would think they'd be shouting this "victory" from the rooftops.

Instead:
- Buried as a sidestory on Boston Globe
- Absent completely from Worcester Telegram / Metrowest Daily News
- Nobody gloating about it on facebook.

The few stories I've seen regurgitate the press release "despite ban, 10,000 sold last year", "closing loophole"... etc.

Check ur paperwork, had one that wasn't fa10'd by the dealer when I bought it the rest were. FA-10 site is currently working.

Why would you care about this? If you bought a gun from a dealer the filing was the dealer's obligation, not yours.

Having a gun that was never FA-10ed is not a crime by itself. (there are a ton of LEGAL ways you can possess a gun that never had an FA-10 filed on it). Being obligated to file (under the conditions specified in the law) and failing to file within 7 days is a crime. Two related, but different things. The legal test for an S128A/B violation is not simple, and that's putting it mildly.

-Mike

I have a question for hopefully the Goal or Comm2A people. I would like to know if someone has some talking points or a statement that I could use when talking to legislators. Is there something that I should be saying. Letters I should write? What? Someone please help. I own an M&P 15 and technically it's an AR clone and I really have no desire to be made into an instant criminal. I have never had to call or contact a legislator in my life so I really don't know what to say. Thanks in advance!

I would start with the fact that you were a law-abiding citizen when you woke up this morning, but now are you an instant felon and apparently have been one as long as you owned your M&P15.

Next, I would question as to how this law was interpreted by the entire fu(king USA for 10 years during the federal AWB and for the last 12 fu(king years here in MA and NOW, all of a sudden, Maura Healy is somehow smarter than anyone over this timeframe is interpreting the lawr completely different than every one else across the country and MA for two fu(kin decades!?!?!?

Next, I would discuss how this is a grotesque abuse of power by the AG, as she does not have the authority to change the law and definition of an Assault Weapon without the Legislator and the Governor?!?!

As someone noted, the lack of media attention is odd. I would think they'd be shouting this "victory" from the rooftops.

Instead:
- Buried as a sidestory on Boston Globe
- Absent completely from Worcester Telegram / Metrowest Daily News
- Nobody gloating about it on facebook.

The few stories I've seen regurgitate the press release "despite ban, 10,000 sold last year", "closing loophole"... etc.
maybe she did go rouge so she could boost her status for hillary

I just landed in Boston. Why is the city not on fire??

If Boston isn't gridlocked with protest on Friday afternoon when everyone is trying to get out, you might as well pack your bags and move. Confiscation will follow no matter what the bitch AG says. Bank on it.

You don't understand how ****ed up the MA gun registration system is. [rofl] This isn't like the revenue machine at the RMV.

This isn't about entering the data for a few weeks" its about having a system that flags people, and then reports it to another system, etc.

For starters, even based on make and model, how can someone tell whether or not that gun, as configured, violates the law?

Also, consider the data contamination- guns in MA's system are never disposed of. So if you buy 100 guns and sell them all, the system still says you own 100 guns. So they're going to suspend people's drivers license renewals for guns they don't own? [rofl] MA's system, as currently configured, is not set up to provide clean data.

-Mike

Interesting points. However your part about make/model is irrelevant. The edict from today states they are all illegal, configuration notwithstanding.

Regarding buying 100 and selling them, an FA-10 is supposed to be submitted upon that transfer. While some may not, most likely have been logged. Maybe they will just start from when they only allowed the eFA-10. That data is MOST CERTAINLY query-able in a db. I agree the old paper forms are likely not electronic and AFU.

As far as the data contamination, if that's true then yes it would (thankfully) be a lot of work to try and do something like this.

I'm not saying this is going to happen tomorrow, but every time there is an erosion of rights (or a damn avalanche like today), it moves the concept a few notches from "tinfoil" to "quite possible".

I just cruised Four Seasons parking lot. Line is out the door across the parking lot. Channel Five is there with Jorge Coroga. Evidently Carl is staying open until he is sold out.

I'd suggest 11AM on Saturday. I was going to go to a pistol shoot at Braintree, but this is way more important.

Ya that will work, the only thing watching the protest will be the pigeons in the Boston Common. Friday 12 noon thru 9pm so everyone trying to get out of the sweltering city has to sit, burn gas, run their AC and blow their horns.

They fu(ked YOU, time to fu(k them back....and break it off in their ass.

Just think. She could be Hillary's AG. She's not of color but she is of the gay community. Great choice, huh?

She is gay, progressive, and doesn't care for the rule of law. She'll fit right in.

By the time Clinton is done packing her adminstration with M******* politicians, the rest of the country will want a Constitutional Amendment to nuke MA.

Signed it.
BTW, why are people going to gun stores? The way I read the wording, you are spared the prosecution (for now) if you owned the gun BEFORE July 20th. So if you are buying and doing the FA-10 today, you are knowingly breaking the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom