Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that MFS appears to not be willing to sell stripped lowers, something that has never been considered a firearm in MA.

The new "interpretation" specifically mentions receiver interchangeability, so anything you built with a stripped lower would be in the same group. Unfortunately they're not wrong. [angry]

I have a question for hopefully the Goal or Comm2A people. I would like to know if someone has some talking points or a statement that I could use when talking to legislators. Is there something that I should be saying. Letters I should write? What? Someone please help. I own an M&P 15 and technically it's an AR clone and I really have no desire to be made into an instant criminal. I have never had to call or contact a legislator in my life so I really don't know what to say. Thanks in advance!

The new "interpretation" specifically mentions frame/receiver interchangeability, so anything you built with a stripped lower would be in the same group. Unfortunately they're not wrong. [angry]

Irrelevant. What is not built is not illegal and only becomes banned under this definition once assembled. I can use it for an xmas decoration for a decade if I so wish and it will never be a firearm under MA SETTLED LAW.

The guy at my Reps office said she has the right to do this! I said if she bans all trucks in Mass. after the terror attack last week in France no one can stop her? Will we use railroad or covered wagons for interstate transport? She has total authority and answers to no one? Legislators make laws and she can choose how to interpret and when to enforce? Were the last three AG's incompetent or just followed the law as written?

He said he wasn't a lawyer and would pass it on.

The MSM will go along with the AG's thinking. We are in a tough situation because the states have been allowed to trample the 2nd Amendment.

The vast majority of people in MA don't know or care about this, and of those who do, many of them are jerking off in the mirror because of how awesome they think they are for this big win. These are the same people who think we just have to get used to terrorist attacks in the US because we can't do anything about it.

Haven't read thru the entire thread yet - so what's the take on face to face sales

Are those banned too?

Well, based on the contention that ALL of the guns were illegal even before today and that the law was simply improperly enforced, I'm thinking that's a no-go.

Not unless you live in a border state with allowable laws of sale. I can buy a rifle from Wrench and vice-versa and drive it home, North to South Carolina. He can buy from GA and I can buy from TN and VA. Hopefully once Trump is prez, we can get a uniform nationwide carry and purchase law so we can all tell the MASS AG bitcz to FOAD with a molotov up her ass.

and our laws don't require BOSs or that we check an ID. Just that we don't "knowingly" sell to a FEDERAL PP. Our states DGAF about your state's laws.

FYI - The Legislature will be in session this Saturday and Sunday (7/23 - 7/24). In the past, protests during the week have had lower turnouts since most of us have real jobs. This weekend presents a unique opportunity to get out and stand up for what you believe in while the Legislature is open for business.

I disagree. They already don't allow you to renew your lic/reg if you have enough outstanding tickets or court ordered and therefore on "the list". Do you think they can't add some more license numbers to the list? Of course everything costs money. You would have to pay some liberal arts major from UMass $13/hr to enter the data for a few weeks.

You don't understand how ****ed up the MA gun registration system is. [rofl] This isn't like the revenue machine at the RMV.

This isn't about entering the data for a few weeks" its about having a system that flags people, and then reports it to another system, etc.

For starters, even based on make and model, how can someone tell whether or not that gun, as configured, violates the law?

Also, consider the data contamination- guns in MA's system are never disposed of. So if you buy 100 guns and sell them all, the system still says you own 100 guns. So they're going to suspend people's drivers license renewals for guns they don't own? [rofl] MA's system, as currently configured, is not set up to provide clean data.

-Mike

Irrelevant. What is not built is not illegal and only becomes banned under this definition once assembled. I can use it for an xmas decoration for a decade if I so wish and it will never be a firearm under MA SETTLED LAW.

I thought this was the whole point of keeping a pile of stripped lowers in your basement.

FYI - The Legislature will be in session this Saturday and Sunday (7/23 - 7/24). In the past, protests during the week have had lower turnouts since most of us have real jobs. This weekend presents a unique opportunity to get out and stand up for what you believe in while the Legislature is open for business.

I am clearing my schedule. Please, publish times and we can do shifts.

If the court system allows Healy to prosecute someone over this, then that effectively means that rule of law is completely meaningless in MA. At that point you guys might as well unpin the stocks and buy whatever mags you want, because it effectively opens the gate allowing the state to prosecute you for anything they want at anytime, and that none of the gun laws actually matter because we're all felons by default.

I am annoyed that dealers are Kowtowing to this bullshit, frankly.

-Mike

Just to be clear - there is no requirement to file an FA-10 if a firearm is sold out of state - right?

Check ur paperwork, had one that wasn't fa10'd by the dealer when I bought it the rest were. FA-10 site is currently working.

Listen gents, mass is ****ed.

No one is going to protest. No one is going to riot.

The only way I can see is to get comm2a/goal along with legal reps and figure things out.
This bitch got to play white in a game of chess, and rushing out to do stupid shit will **** us.
If anything I would suggest a polo/khakis or a blazer/sports jacket protest. If we look like trailer trash, we'll be treated as such. (IE most of the people posting on the AG's fb.)
Next would probably a sit in. And then whatever peaceful route we can muster. When we've peacefully done all we can, we'll go forward with Jefferson watering of the tree of liberty.

But alas, we're all pussies and sheep. Haji Bob might **** goats, but at least he is willing to put his life down for his beliefs.

are you willing to put your life down for your believes?

Just to be clear - there is no requirement to file an FA-10 if a firearm is sold out of state - right?

Not that I'm aware of. (although CJIS would "like" people to report this, but I don't see how it is enforceable. )

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom