HEADS UP! Weather Alert Radio on sale at Lowes $10 !!!

F

Finalygotabeltfed

I just bought 5 and tested one of these weather alert radios from LOWES for $10. This radio normally sold for $39.98. Thats 75% off and its a great radio receiver.

http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/sto...roductId=3546548&selectedLocalStoreBeanArray=[com.lowes.commerce.storelocator.beans.LocatorStoreBean%4066cf66cf]&storeNumber=2752&langId=-1&cId=list&storeId=10151

This is an excellent buy. Loud, clear audio, battery backup (3 AA penlights, not included), back lit screen, Advisory, Watch, Warning, lights on top indicates type of alert message, FIPS alert code programmable or use default 000000, telescoping antenna that tilts and rotates for best reception, wall wart power supply, current time digital clock display, menu and navigation buttons, light can be constant on or off when using AC power, 10 second momentary on DC power with any keystroke.
You can allow the radio to pick the strongest signal or program in the one you want. Full quieting signal here on wx ch7. Has 1/8 external speaker jack in the rear also.

I highly recommend this radio, its a bargain for $10. Inexpensive Christmas gift that is useful. There's five more at Wareham Lowes. They should be at most stores, the sale runs into 2014 so there must be stock available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not many reviews. The ones there don't sound good as far as reliability is concerned. I'm not sure how worthy this is of being a disaster warning device, thanks for the post but I think a slightly larger investment is called for when it comes to something like this.

Not many reviews. The ones there don't sound good as far as reliability is concerned. I'm not sure how worthy this is of being a disaster warning device, thanks for the post but I think a slightly larger investment is called for when it comes to something like this.

Well, you could go and buy it at the Acurite site for $30. Sale price is not necessarily an indication of an item's performance.

I place little credence in 99.99% of reviews on consumer grade electronics, most people don't know enough about electronics and/or physics to qualify them to even push the "write a review" tab.

For a basic wx receiver with alert capabilities, I think this radio is a bargain and would suit the needs of the vast majority of people.

BTW, for the experimenter/mod type guys, there's also a plastic plug/knock out in the back of the case where an external antenna jack could be installed. I don't find it necessary as I have full quieting on wx ch7 with full scale reading on the built in bar graph S meter.

What part of the store do you find these in? I was in the Nashua store today and couldn't find them. I looked through all the sale/gift displays, checked in the safety/smoke detector area, and the AV/comm area.

What part of the store do you find these in? I was in the Nashua store today and couldn't find them. I looked through all the sale/gift displays, checked in the safety/smoke detector area, and the AV/comm area.

The ones I bought were in the gardening section with the barometers, weather stations, thermometers and such. The service desk should be able to tell you, sku# 352254 and model number 08505.

Back
Top Bottom