• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

heads up: cheap stack on cabinet

Good price. I used to have 4 of these bolted together like school lockers and fastened to my floor with lag bolts and 3 inch washers.

It's at that price pretty often. The 14 gun is $149. Don't fret if you miss it. It'll be "on sale" again next week or so.
And don't forget the $10 off coupon.

Yup - we have a ton of them and I'm picking one up myself - too good to pass up - even if it just sits in the corner until I need it. These are nice cabinets for the money and have been updated with more solid rifle racks, (plastic instead of foam).

cabelas has the same one for $89.99 in the bargan barn.
$8 extra shipping on top of normal shipping.

Looks like Stack-on is discontinuing this model and may be releasing a new model. Just flushing the old stock righht now.

cabelas has the same one for $89.99 in the bargan barn.
$8 extra shipping on top of normal shipping.

Looks like Stack-on is discontinuing this model and may be releasing a new model. Just flushing the old stock righht now.

The ones listed from places like Cabelas are often you put em' together models. Its not rocket science but a PITA if you don't have a cordless screwdriver or drill.
Plus with getting one shipped be it parts or already assembled, you can almost guarantee dents and dings. No biggie if you want cheap storage but if you're concerned with looks, mail order is the last place you want to buy a Stack On safe.

Yup - we have a ton of them and I'm picking one up myself - too good to pass up - even if it just sits in the corner until I need it. These are nice cabinets for the money and have been updated with more solid rifle racks, (plastic instead of foam).

Just picked one up at Dick's in Plymouth this PM. They didn't have the key for the 10 gun, so they showed me the 14 gun model. Yup, it had the plastic barrel mounts. I was bummed to find the 10 gun model I brought home had the foam[frown]

Stopped into Archer Arms on the way home. Christmas shopping really isn't that bad, if you go to the right places. Ho Ho Ho

Just picked one up at Dick's in Plymouth this PM. They didn't have the key for the 10 gun, so they showed me the 14 gun model. Yup, it had the plastic barrel mounts. I was bummed to find the 10 gun model I brought home had the foam[frown]

Stopped into Archer Arms on the way home. Christmas shopping really isn't that bad, if you go to the right places. Ho Ho Ho

Easily replaceable if you want..just gotta build the rack system:)

just got one, too bad you guys dont carry the little bolt-on-top handgun cases too, but its a STEAL at that price

a note: scoped rifles and AR-15s with carry handles dont fit well

Where did you get the hasp to do that? Did you have to cut/drill the cabinet at all?

Any good size heavy duty steel hasp will do. Just position it where you want it, mark where the holes are and drill. I used counter sunk machine screws with heavy duty washers. This is one case where bigger is better. Bigger hasp, bigger screws, etc.
A bolt cutter resistant padlock is also a good idea. They are padlocks that leave very little showing which makes it nearly impossible to get a pair of bolt cutters on it.

I'll try and snap a pic later. I still have one cabinet with a few hasps on it.

Any good size heavy duty steel hasp will do. Just position it where you want it, mark where the holes are and drill. I used counter sunk machine screws with heavy duty washers. This is one case where bigger is better. Bigger hasp, bigger screws, etc.
A bolt cutter resistant padlock is also a good idea. They are padlocks that leave very little showing which makes it nearly impossible to get a pair of bolt cutters on it.

I'll try and snap a pic later. I still have one cabinet with a few hasps on it.

Excellent. Thanks.

I would like to see a pic or two when you have the chance.

I just found this. It could work.

siprod0905_kyo.jpg

http://www.afs-securitysystems.com/Kryptonite.php

I had kept this one for my father but he never used it. Its one of the first ones I did and has a standard hasp with steel rivets.

100_0945.jpg

Not incredibly strong but between the standard Stack On lock and 2 of these, it'll definitely take a long time to get into.

just got one, too bad you guys dont carry the little bolt-on-top handgun cases too, but its a STEAL at that price

a note: scoped rifles and AR-15s with carry handles dont fit well

Does anybody know of a local source for the top cabinets? I found them online, but by the time you pay the shipping it will be more expensive than the base unit[thinking]

I like the cabinet. It will do what I want, but the wife? When she saw it she said, "If you don't want anybody getting into it, you'll have to put a trigger lock on your Sawzall"[rolleyes]

Does anybody know of a local source for the top cabinets? I found them online, but by the time you pay the shipping it will be more expensive than the base unit[thinking]

I like the cabinet. It will do what I want, but the wife? When she saw it she said, "If you don't want anybody getting into it, you'll have to put a trigger lock on your Sawzall"[rolleyes]

put the sawzall in the cabinet ;)

I went on Dicks website and they are not showing the sale....can someone put up a link to which safe they are talking about? I really would like another safe but dont want to run out and buy it if its not the one I like....a picture would be cool too!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom