• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Heading to the promised land!

My buddy and I have just leased a 350 acre prime farm (160 + acres of woods) in zone 6, South east Iowa for Nov 3 through the 22nd. I feel like a kid at christmas! We found a cheap house to rent 12 miles away, vacation was approved today! Now we just have to draw the tags which should be a given, we both have 5 points. Its gonna be a long summer!

Nice Rob! Awesome! Go get that Booner!

I'm in the process of figuring out where I'm going this year......looking like Kentucky possibly.

My buddy and I have just leased a 350 acre prime farm (160 + acres of woods) in zone 6, South east Iowa for Nov 3 through the 22nd. I feel like a kid at christmas! We found a cheap house to rent 12 miles away, vacation was approved today! Now we just have to draw the tags which should be a given, we both have 5 points. Its gonna be a long summer!
Depending on how many tags you get, you may not need it past opening weekend.

Depending on how many tags you get, you may not need it past opening weekend.
We get one buck tag and one doe tag each. We took 3 weeks to maximize our chances at a stud buck Needed 5 preference points to draw this zone. This is a bucket list hunt! If we tag early we will move south to Missouri which is only 30 minutes south to several public land hunting areas from the house we rented in Iowa. If we get really fortunate and tag there we may then hit Ohio on the way home if there is sufficient time.

We get one buck tag and one doe tag each. We took 3 weeks to maximize our chances at a stud buck Needed 5 preference points to draw this zone. This is a bucket list hunt! If we tag early we will move south to Missouri which is only 30 minutes south to several public land hunting areas from the house we rented in Iowa. If we get really fortunate and tag there we may then hit Ohio on the way home if there is sufficient time.
Nice.....you'll be passing shit you'd shoot here in heartbeat all day long hopefully. It still may take a while to shoot a big one. My buddy used to hunt Kansas and the hardest part is trying to decide which buck to fill your one tag with. You don't want to waste it for sure, then see something bigger.

Good to have MO as a backup plan though, lots of deer and good public areas there. I've thought of going to MO this year myself. Tossing it up between KY and MO right now. My son will be down in southern CT so I may start that back up for early archery, since I'll have a place to stay.

Back
Top Bottom