• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Heading to Pittsburg in a couple of weeks

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Hey all,

Like the title says, I'll be heading to Pittsburg, NH in a couple of weeks to stay for 3-4 days. I will be right on the 1st lake. Does anyone recommend some good spots I could fish? I prefer fly fishing. I was up there two years ago but only for a day and with no map or idea where to fish, it was pretty much a wash.

I know about the trophy section of the river south of the 1st lake dam and further downstream but would like to explore some of the feeder brooks etc. in the third and second lakes as well.

I'm not asking for you to give away any of your double secret fishing spots...just some ideas.

...and maybe some ideas what work as far as flies, streamers etc. I have checked online and received some ideas there...It would be nice to hear from guys and/or gals here that have had success fishing those waters...

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather keep the info off the forum.

Thanks

Last edited:
Don't know, but good luck and enjoy the trip. Nice area up there.

Thanks...I grew up in northern NH but never really fished that far north (I grew up in Twin Mt.). I was up there a couple of years ago but not enough time to try out more than one or two spots. I'll be fishing with a vengeance this time.

Back
Top Bottom