Headgear for the Jewish Shooter, and those who support Israel

As a Jew who lost family to the Nazis, I will never give up my ability to defend myself and my loved ones and I will never get into a train car. Proud JPFO member right here.

We need a Jewish NES shoot [smile]

Kalash, I almost lost immediate family in Europe too. I'm headed to shul tonight -- I'll be certain to include you in my thoughts when I recite Kaddish. My dad's aunt was a passenger on one of the very last ships out of Belgium before the Wermacht and Luftwaffe overran the low countries and crashed into France in the spring of 1940.

And if a Jewish NES shoot gets organized and I'm not in greater Chicago, I'll be there, wearing my Gadsden Kippah.

Maybe I'm a little too sensitive to the lists of Jews. Too many members of my and my wife's families were on these lists 70 something years ago. The fate of some of them is still unknown.

Maybe you want to add me to your government no fly list now, since apparently I'm a nazi.

Pretty ****ed up how some Nes members can bitch about a pretty sunset.

You're welcome. For what? for me injecting a little discourse and controversy into a thread that would have otherwise dried up by post 5.

I'm not getting the fact why somebody has to bring up the fact that many Jews in America are liberal and anti-gun. So what? Historically urban, same could be said for other ethnic and religious groups. Simple fact more people are not Jewish who are anti-2A.

What we have here is a guy who wants to combine his religious pride with his love of the 2A and all of a sudden people crawl out of the woodwork and want to make more out of it than it really is and bash fundamentalist Christians and paint Jews in a less than favorable light then go and say: "you callin' me anti/Semitic ?"

Look if ya don't wanna buy the yarmulke don't buy it. Don't turn this into some kind of grand political statement about Jewish charities and why you hate Israel.

We have an enemy out there that hates all of us, Jews and Christians alike and perhaps we need to focus more of our energy on trying to figure out to fight these people than worry about some guy who wants to sell some religious hats.

Two of the finest men I know in real time on NES are Jewish and you won't find anymore staunch defenders of the 2A than them.

Enough said !

Fair point. But I have a point too.

You know what that point is?

That I am not jewish nor muslim. So why should I have to be polarized by state media into rejecting one side or accepting the other. I'M AN AMERICAN, period. I don't want to be involved in your jewish muslim conflict. In fact, the lot of you can go back to the middle east and have your apocalypse over there and leave me the F out of it. I'm tired of on-the-one-hand my rights being taken away by anti-gun politicians, of whatever creed, color, or religion. I'm also tired of government seeking more reasons to strip me of my rights because terrorists on the other side of the conflict want to kill anyone that isn't on their side.

So you can all go the F home and leave us THE F ALONE with all your BS Religious conflicts.

I'm just sick of it. The whole thing.

All your religious based culture wars, you can all shove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you want to add me to your government no fly list now, since apparently I'm a nazi.

You're welcome. For what? for me injecting a little discourse and controversy into a thread that would have otherwise dried up by post 5.

That I am not jewish nor muslim. So why should I have to be polarized by state media into rejecting one side or accepting the other. I'M AN AMERICAN, period. I don't want to be involved in your jewish muslim conflict. In fact, the lot of you can go back to the middle east and have your apocalypse over there and leave me the F out of it. I'm tired of on-the-one-hand my rights being taken away by anti-gun politicians, of whatever creed, color, or religion. I'm also tired of government seeking more reasons to strip me of my rights because terrorists on the other side of the conflict want to kill anyone that isn't on their side.

So you can all go the F home and leave us THE F ALONE with all your BS Religious conflicts.

It was a comment about Nes in general . Lighten up.

I don't want to be involved in your jewish muslim conflict. In fact, the lot of you can go back to the middle east and have your apocalypse over there and leave me the F out of it. I'm tired of on-the-one-hand my rights being taken away by anti-gun politicians, of whatever creed, color, or religion. I'm also tired of government seeking more reasons to strip me of my rights because terrorists on the other side of the conflict want to kill anyone that isn't on their side.

Show me on the doll where the rabbi touched you. Seriously, lighten the hell up, Francis.

Dude, it's obvious you skipped your lithium...take your meds and relax

So as someone with no jewish background (or it was long ago) is it offensive to wear one of these? They look pretty sick.

As someone who has visited Temples for Bat/Bar Mitzvahs and Weddings, wearing one is a sign of respect. (At least from what the little card said).

A Gadsen one seems to keep right in the 'eye for an eye' Torah teachings too. ;)

As someone who has visited Temples for Bat/Bar Mitzvahs and Weddings, wearing one is a sign of respect. (At least from what the little card said).

A Gadsen one seems to keep right in the 'eye for an eye' Torah teachings too. ;)

In religious buildings yes I'd agree, but it seems a bit weird to wear one in a social gathering or while walking down the street if you're not Jewish

Lets just call ISIS it's real name: Daesh. ISIS/ISIL is the PC name for these dogs.

http://www.ibtimes.com/isil-isis-islamic-state-daesh-whats-difference-2187131

Israel is God's gift to the Jews and that's that. America is my parent's gift to me. The last thing we need to do is split up 2A support by whatever civil classification.

But DTOM Kippahs if you want, don't buy if you don't want. Simple as that.

In religious buildings yes I'd agree, but it seems a bit weird to wear one in a social gathering or while walking down the street if you're not Jewish
Agreed, though luckily Jews probably wouldn't be all butthurt over it.

Maybe you want to add me to your government no fly list now, since apparently I'm a nazi. You're welcome. For what? for me injecting a little discourse and controversy into a thread that would have otherwise dried up by post 5. Fair point. But I have a point too. You know what that point is? That I am not jewish nor muslim. So why should I have to be polarized by state media into rejecting one side or accepting the other. I'M AN AMERICAN, period. I don't want to be involved in your jewish muslim conflict. In fact, the lot of you can go back to the middle east and have your apocalypse over there and leave me the F out of it. I'm tired of on-the-one-hand my rights being taken away by anti-gun politicians, of whatever creed, color, or religion. I'm also tired of government seeking more reasons to strip me of my rights because terrorists on the other side of the conflict want to kill anyone that isn't on their side. So you can all go the F home and leave us THE F ALONE with all your BS Religious conflicts. I'm just sick of it. The whole thing. All your religious based culture wars, you can all shove it. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nAos1M-_Ts

Well I don't get how you go from a trivial event like selling religious apparel micro to the grand scheme of world events the macro. Sometimes we are victims of history, caught up in events beyond our control and for which we have no control. This country was founded in part by people fleeing religious oppression: Massachusetts by Puritans (who became Congregationslists later) Pennsylvania by Quakers, Maryland by Catholics. Mormons were persecuted in the 19th Century. Ever hear of Navoo, Illinois? Catholics were persecuted in the US too as well as Jews, ever hear of the Know Nothing Party and the atrocities that the KKK committed against people who weren't Protestants. I'm talking white people here.

Your statement that this is America makes no sense at all. Religious intolerance is the grist that had fueled wars and strife since the beginning of recorded history and it's not going away. What's new to you is that you are experiencing it and wishing that it weren't so isn't going to make it going away. There is a whole bunch of people out there who want to kill you and hate you just because they think you MIGHT be a Christian or a Jew or simply because you are a American.

This country has been at war with some kind of Islamic State or entity since 1805. Our first overseas expeditionary force was to Tripoli to fight the Barbary Pirates and those guys weren't Episcopalians. We fought Islamic extremists in the Phillipines in the early 1900's after we acquired those islands with the war with Spain. It's you sir that don't know your American history to well, and you who are at this point epitomizing entitlement, how dare they come and assail ME.

Many of your posts are a tad biting and perhaps even a bit angry, but this last one takes the cake. Not only in its manifestation of self centeredness and immaturity but by your abysmal lack of American history and in the grand scheme of things you are caught up in forces and events like the rest of us for which you have little control or choice. I'm sure the people going to that Holiday Party in San Bernardino thought that a terrorist attack was the most remotest event on their minds. Like it or not we are fighting a world war against a non linear threat over religion. We are losing so like it or not you are in a religious based culture war and there is little you can do about it. Now grow up.

Greetings and Happy Hanukkah to all Jewish Shooters . . . . .

A buddy of mine in Amherst, NH has for sale a small batch of Gadsden Kippot. He's selling them for "chai" dollars each -- for the non-Jews reading this, that's $18, including all shipping & handling. Proceeds from the sale go directly to a pro-Israel charity.

For those interested in owning their very own Gadsden Kippah, go to the following link and reach out to David. He's a 100% stand-up kind of guy and a staunch supporter of all things 2A.
https://davidhuntpe.wordpress.com/2015/11/13/jewish-and-in-the-tea-party/

And in the spirit of full and fair disclosure, even though I posted this information, I will not benefit financially in any way from any sales. In fact, I even purchased a Kippah from David. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can wear it to synagogue.

Thanks for reading . . . .

-- Brad

It's a good attempt, and I commend the man for doing this, but it's a bit of a problem.

A serpent is a big no-no in Judaism, anyone who's read the first few chapters of the bible can guess why.

So, showing up to a real synagogue with such yarmulke, should get you slapped in the face by Rabi.

But, if you go to one of those "cool" synagogues where they basically took the "easy stuff" of Judaism and tossed the rest, then yes, this should get you some cheers from the female Rabi and her lady-husband.

But, the idea and effort is very good, the more we get Pro 2A Jews to show everyone we're not all damn Dian Feinstein, - the better.

- - - Updated - - -

what's the difference between a kippah and a yarmulke?

Kippah is the proper name in Hebrew, in translates to "A Dome" in English.

Last edited:
It's a good attempt, and I commend the man for doing this, but it's a bit of a problem.

A serpent is a big no-no in Judaism, anyone who's read the first few chapters of the bible can guess why.

So, showing up to a real synagogue with such yarmulke, should get you slapped in the face by Rabi.

But, if you go to one of those "cool" synagogues where they basically took the "easy stuff" of Judaism and tossed the rest, then yes, this should get you some cheers from the female Rabi and her lady-husband.

- - - Updated - - -

Kippah is the proper name in Hebrew, in translates to "A Dome" in English.

Couldn't the serpent also be interpreted as the bronze one lifted up in front of the people to heal them in the desert? I guess that story didn't end up well in the end either.

Well I don't get how you go from a trivial event like selling religious apparel micro to the grand scheme of world events the macro. Sometimes we are victims of history, caught up in events beyond our control and for which we have no control. This country was founded in part by people fleeing religious oppression: Massachusetts by Puritans (who became Congregationslists later) Pennsylvania by Quakers, Maryland by Catholics. Mormons were persecuted in the 19th Century. Ever hear of Navoo, Illinois? Catholics were persecuted in the US too as well as Jews, ever hear of the Know Nothing Party and the atrocities that the KKK committed against people who weren't Protestants. I'm talking white people here.

Your statement that this is America makes no sense at all. Religious intolerance is the grist that had fueled wars and strife since the beginning of recorded history and it's not going away. What's new to you is that you are experiencing it and wishing that it weren't so isn't going to make it going away. There is a whole bunch of people out there who want to kill you and hate you just because they think you MIGHT be a Christian or a Jew or simply because you are a American.

This country has been at war with some kind of Islamic State or entity since 1805. Our first overseas expeditionary force was to Tripoli to fight the Barbary Pirates and those guys weren't Episcopalians. We fought Islamic extremists in the Philippines in the early 1900's after we acquired those islands with the war with Spain. It's you sir that don't know your American history to well, and you who are at this point epitomizing entitlement, how dare they come and assail ME.

Many of your posts are a tad biting and perhaps even a bit angry, but this last one takes the cake. Not only in its manifestation of self-centeredness and immaturity but by your abysmal lack of American history and in the grand scheme of things you are caught up in forces and events like the rest of us for which you have little control or choice. I'm sure the people going to that Holiday Party in San Bernardino thought that a terrorist attack was the most remotest event on their minds. Like it or not we are fighting a world war against a non linear threat over religion. We are losing so like it or not you are in a religious based culture war and there is little you can do about it. Now grow up.

I'll accept your remarks and criticisms as valid.

My previously expressed sentiments of isolationism and frustration with religious fanaticism mirrors that of many in this country.
I included that link to Dawkin's Root of All Evil documentary for a reason. There are secular people watching current events
who feel like they are watching a junior high school cafeteria food fight, one which might actually end up in an apocalypse.

Unfortunately, the consequences of these continually warring factions on a global scale are inescapable for all of us.

So in essence you agree that Religious indoctrination is the root of all evil?

Maybe I'm a little too sensitive to the lists of Jews. Too many members of my and my wife's families were on these lists 70 something years ago. The fate of some of them is still unknown.

Yeah, you're being a bit oversensitive. There is nothing wrong with listing names to point out the fact that most prominent jews are liberal and anti-gun.

I am not jewish, but was raised in a Jewish/Italian area (New Haven) and am considered by many friends to be an "honorary Jew". (I've built more Sukkah's and attended more Passover Seders than I can count)

Adam Sandler lists jews in his Hanukkah song by the way. Nothing anti-semitic there

I've asked my friends how they reconcile their support for Israel with their support for Obama. They all say it is very difficult. But it doesn't keep them from pulling the Democratic lever every election.

Don

p.s. Brad R and Kalash - the US needs more Jews like You.

Check out what secular regimes who deliberately alienated religion to their people did in the 20th century, can you report back with the body count ?

I'll accept your remarks and criticisms as valid.

My previously expressed sentiments of isolationism and frustration with religious fanaticism mirrors that of many in this country.
I included that link to Dawkin's Root of All Evil documentary for a reason. There are secular people watching current events
who feel like they are watching a junior high school cafeteria food fight, one which might actually end up in an apocalypse.

Unfortunately, the consequences of these continually warring factions on a global scale are inescapable for all of us.

So in essence you agree that Religious indoctrination is the root of all evil?

I don't think it is the Religious part that is the problem. It is the Indoctrination part. Humans are very susceptible to indoctrination and emotional manipulation, and that's the root of a lot of our (humanity's) issues.

Couldn't the serpent also be interpreted as the bronze one lifted up in front of the people to heal them in the desert? I guess that story didn't end up well in the end either.

No sorry, snakes get no respect with Jews. Eternal enemies, God said that.

Hebrew Bile, Old testament :
יֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים אֶל-הַנָּחָשׁ, כִּי עָשִׂיתָ זֹּאת, אָרוּר אַתָּה מִכָּל-הַבְּהֵמָה, וּמִכֹּל חַיַּת הַשָּׂדֶה; עַל-גְּחֹנְךָ תֵלֵךְ, וְעָפָר תֹּאכַל כָּל-יְמֵי חַיֶּיךָ. טו וְאֵיבָה אָשִׁית, בֵּינְךָ וּבֵין הָאִשָּׁה, וּבֵין זַרְעֲךָ, וּבֵין זַרְעָהּ: הוּא יְשׁוּפְךָ רֹאשׁ, וְאַתָּה תְּשׁוּפֶנּוּ עָקֵב.

KJB:
14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

And, some words of biblical wisdom, if y'all must insist.

Among the many things the book of Genesis teaches us, we also learn about the eternal danger to Man- The Woman.

We learn that by using "new and tempting wisdom", the Woman may end up tempting the Man into his own demise.

Therefore, the Man should always and only - fear God's word, and never let the Woman derail him, if he will - he will
suffer the ultimate punishment, losing of his roaming ground - the garden of Eden.

As in many ages before, the "New Ideas" have been put into the Woman's mind first, "Love, Equality, Rights for this and that group" And then slowly trickled to the heads of the families. In a sneaky (or snakey) way.

The Men, who had bought into the "New Wisdom", will suffer the ultimate punishment. Losing of their own ground, their own Garden of Eden.

Well, I know we have some dimwitted commies here, so here's one from your mentor:

Everyone who knows anything of history also knows that great social revolutions are impossible without the feminine ferment. Social progress may be measured precisely by the social position of the fair sex (plain ones included).

Karl Marx's reply to a set of questions given to him by his daughters Jenny and Laura in 1865

Last edited:
Check out what secular regimes who deliberately alienated religion to their people did in the 20th century, can you report back with the body count ?

another valid point. Still that doesn't get us any closer to the answer. Islamic terrorists fighting jihad are certain their god is the only true god and that can and obviously does motivate them to die for their cause.

How about replying with some possible solutions rather than with dogmatic boilerplate.

I don't think it is the Religious part that is the problem. It is the Indoctrination part. Humans are very susceptible to indoctrination and emotional manipulation, and that's the root of a lot of our (humanity's) issues.

good point. thanks.

I've asked my friends how they reconcile their support for Israel with their support for Obama. They all say it is very difficult. But it doesn't keep them from pulling the Democratic lever every election.

This ^^^^^

Last edited:
No sorry, snakes get no respect with Jews. Eternal enemies, God said that.

יֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים אֶל-הַנָּחָשׁ, כִּי עָשִׂיתָ זֹּאת, אָרוּר אַתָּה מִכָּל-הַבְּהֵמָה, וּמִכֹּל חַיַּת הַשָּׂדֶה; עַל-גְּחֹנְךָ תֵלֵךְ, וְעָפָר תֹּאכַל כָּל-יְמֵי חַיֶּיךָ. טו וְאֵיבָה אָשִׁית, בֵּינְךָ וּבֵין הָאִשָּׁה, וּבֵין זַרְעֲךָ, וּבֵין זַרְעָהּ: הוּא יְשׁוּפְךָ רֹאשׁ, וְאַתָּה תְּשׁוּפֶנּוּ עָקֵב.

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Pics or it didn't happen [smile]

You seem to forget that the first wave of Jews came here about 100 years ago. The next after WWII, and then another big wave after the iron curtain came down in the early 90s.

You don't hear about jewish violence in the US. In fact, its ridiculous to even use the term. Jews have come to the US for 100 years and have assimilated (for the most part - brooklyn heights ex) into American culture. Where they have not assimilated, most are eager to share their culture.

Finally, the Jewish Muslim conflict is a land conflict to most Jews and a religious conflict to most Palestinian Arabs. Don't forget that after WWII land was set aside to create a homeland for the "Jews of Palestine" and the "Arabs of Palestine". The Arabs of Palestine, now known as Palestinians, rejected the offer. Hence the birth of Israel and no Palestinian state.

Don

p.s. I had a friend in College who rode a harley. He was also a devout Conservative Jew. When he rode, he wore a Yarmulke with "Arai" embroidered on it. He called it Yaweh's helmet.

Last edited:
As long as you don't convert just for the jokes. [smile]

As long as you would welcome non Jewish supporters, I would attend.

I am so pro Israel, that my 24 year old daughter keeps telling me she is waiting for me to convert.

Jews have done more for the betterment of the human race than any other group, look at a list of Nobel prize winners. And Jews consistently top the list most intelligent group on the planet ( sorry Asians, you are a close second). I am a big stupid Irishman and we barely make the top 10, which I think is unfair. We should get extra credit for Guinness.

I'll accept your remarks and criticisms as valid. My previously expressed sentiments of isolationism and frustration with religious fanaticism mirrors that of many in this country. I included that link to Dawkin's Root of All Evil documentary for a reason. There are secular people watching current events who feel like they are watching a junior high school cafeteria food fight, one which might actually end up in an apocalypse. Unfortunately, the consequences of these continually warring factions on a global scale are inescapable for all of us. So in essence you agree that Religious indoctrination is the root of all evil?

Remember what Marx said about religion which is ironic because he founded a secular religion.

Power is probably the root cause for most strife but it is so intertwined with religion that it's hard to tell which came first the chicken or the egg. It's real easy to kill people and take their land when your God is on your side, and he/she must be because that's why you are winning, right?

Ever hear of Manifest Destiny? 19th Century Concept that America was ordained by God to occupy the land mass from coast to coast. Made it a lot easier to kill Native Americans and go to war with Mexico. Read up about President Polk and his followers and the Mexican American War sometime.

So yes most all of the wars of mankind have had religious aspect to them.

Back
Top Bottom