• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Headgear for the Jewish Shooter, and those who support Israel

. . . . But, we probably are a minority among our Jewish friends and family.

Which baffles me. I have family that died in the Holocaust, others that barely escaped, including my mother, (who was a child at the time). Why anyone of my faith would trust anyone in authority to "take care of them" is utterly beyond me.

Allen,
Its truly baffling to me too. You know the saying "Never Again". . . . . which is meaningless because most jews willingly disarm themselves.

One of the most rabid pro-gun whack jobs I've ever met was a neighbor of mine named Bernie. He's dead now. He was older, lived alone and pretty much kept to himself. He had strange tattoos on his left forearm. When I got older, my parents explained to me that he had been in a concentration camp and had led an uprising and escape. Everyone else in his family died.

From David - the guy who has these for sale

I know a lifetime of being Jewish, so more than some people, less than others. As for politics, you're probably right. I've stayed as far away from it as I can all of my life because I find politicians as a group to be deceitful, disgusting, amoral people.

I'm a Republican, a gun-owner, (yeah, I know - huge surprise since I'm in this forum), and some of my friends are similar - Jewish, voting Republican and gun-owners. But, we probably are a minority among our Jewish friends and family.

Which baffles me. I have family that died in the Holocaust, others that barely escaped, including my mother, (who was a child at the time). Why anyone of my faith would trust anyone in authority to "take care of them" is utterly beyond me.

I am a Conservative (denominationally) Jew, a to-the-right-of-the-Tea-Party conservative politically. Every one of my Jewish relatives is a staunch liberal, voting "D" reflexively, wanting more gun control, and so on. I'm also a gun owner who swears NEVER AGAIN every morning.

As to my kippot for sale... I am trying to save up for a trip to Israel next summer IF POSSIBLE and this is a part of that effort. One of my goals is to visit the charity - www.connectionsisrael.com - where I'm on the Governing Board. And to climb Mount Masada, and to see where my grandparents are buried. And, of course, the Kotel.

I am a Conservative (denominationally) Jew, a to-the-right-of-the-Tea-Party conservative politically. Every one of my Jewish relatives is a staunch liberal, voting "D" reflexively, wanting more gun control, and so on. I'm also a gun owner who swears NEVER AGAIN every morning.

As to my kippot for sale... I am trying to save up for a trip to Israel next summer IF POSSIBLE and this is a part of that effort. One of my goals is to visit the charity - www.connectionsisrael.com - where I'm on the Governing Board. And to climb Mount Masada, and to see where my grandparents are buried. And, of course, the Kotel.

So a serious question; why not Kickstarter or similar fundraising?

Back
Top Bottom