Headed to Big Sky country in the am!

BigTimber

NES Member
Well my bags are packed and Im off to bed to try and get some shut eye, if I can. By this time tomorrow I'll be in gods country, southeast Montana. Powder river/Little Bighorn country. I've been to Montana many times but it's my first time to Ekalaka. Monster mullies and pronghorns are the target. Wish me and my fellow NESers coming along good luck. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll try. Not sure if cell phones work, I've heard they don't. They do where we usually hunt in Big Timber but I hear Ekalaka is much more remote. Anyway, good luck to all you taking to the field this season here's hoping its a good one[smile]

Last edited:
Well my bags are packed and Im off to bed to try and get some shut eye, if I can. By this time tomorrow I'll be in gods country, southeast Montana. Powder river/Little Bighorn country. I've been to Montana many times but it's my first time to Ekalaka. Monster mullies and pronghorns are the target. Wish me and my fellow NESers coming along good luck. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll try. Not sure if cell phones work, I've heard they don't. They do where we usually hunt in Big Timber but I hear Ekalaka is much more remote. Anyway, good luck to all you taking to the field this season here's hoping its a good one[smile]

There is an Iridium device that can make your cell phone a sat phone. Email and text too with an app.

I used it on the Ranch near Big Sky and at the bottom of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone in June.

Good luck, I am officially heading back to Montana Nov 2016. My family is pretty close to pulling the trigger on 80 acres with a cabin as well. Love it out there.

Back
Top Bottom