• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Head Scratcher of an Article on "Gun Running" into MA on TFB

I've been in that store many times and have walked out many hundreds of dollars poorer several times. The guys (and at least one lady) that worked there then (the signage has changed so maybe ownership and management have as well) are legit and equal opportunity. Everyone gets a 4473 and I would bet money that nothing goes out the side door.

Edit to add; a shop down the road did $15 transfers and I sold several items to MA residents all through NES.

The story is likely trying to inflame people into thinking it ought to be against the law.

I originally got the idea he had an non-res from the last part in the article, so i think you are correct, the first paragraph was edited later. Thank you for bringing that up,

He posted that he has a non-res and is claiming he doesn't have to file a FA-10. I get the feeling he is going to get a costly lesson in Massprudience over this ill advised peacocking.

Meh, not really. S128A/B is almost unenforceable, by virtue of the fact that 3 different attorneys can read that garbage and all tell you it means different things. I have not seen a single piece of case law on it, or seen anyone
ever post anything on that here, ever. Hell I've never even heard of anyone being charged with it. I "obey" it (where legally required) only as a matter of course, because of the fact that such enforcement could change in the future given changes in the system.

-Mike

The story is likely trying to inflame people into thinking it ought to be against the law.

In defense of the author, don't think that's his intent, I just think it's a poorly written article poking at the inherent stupidity and retardation of MA gun laws. It's the type of thing that if I was in his shoes, I would have shared it privately with a few people in the know for a little peer review before publishing it. It is pretty amazing how much different it would be taken if it was fleshed out a little bit better. He wouldn't have even had to make it that much
longer, either.

-Mike

I'm calling bullshit.

A) Its a known fact on this forum that most of the gun stores on the border (like say Nashua and south) will sell to Mass residents. Especially guns like 10/22s. He claims every store told him to FOAD but the more realistic percentage would be like 80% "come on down!" versus 20% FOAD.
B) He's a dumbass because he ignored being able to go on the commuter rail into RI and buy a gun in RI. A RI store would've either shipped the gun to his FFL in VA or let him pick it up in seven days. If he's a college student, he should've waited to return to VA to buy the gun.
C) He's a dumbass again for getting "a Master's in Criminology" when he could be in Mass getting a law degree that would actually allow him to be a prosecutor, ya know, a lawyer, rather than... what? DEA? ATF? Border Patrol?

What is this shop, we need to verify the veracity of this story:

5-redacted.jpg

I have been to this shop and purchased items. They are a legit shop in NH and good people. Don't want to out them just in case.

According to the ATF, a resident from one state going to school and living in another state is considered a resident of both states. He could have received a resident LTC from whatever town he is living in. I know that has been discussed here before.

Near the start of the article:

I have a non-resident license in Massachusetts.
That was not how it was originally posted. The original version said, "I am a non-resident in Massachusetts."

He's backpedalling in the comments and claiming he doesn't know how that was posted because he never really said that... but he's still being an idiot.

Don't rush to publish. Our supposed friends at Granite Grok are guilty of posting total BS as well, all to get that hot take first click.

This whole thing reads like an anti trying to prove evil guns in MA all come from across borders and how easy it is. Why say things like 'it only took 10 hours...' He cant be that dumb to think posting a picture of the shop is keeping it anonymous. This whole thing screams BS to me.

I am gonna let the gun shop he used know they might have some people asking questions in the future. All he had to do to keep them anonymous was not post pictures of the inside of the store or the outside, as every gun shop in NH pops up on google, along with a full view of the storefront from streetview.

What an a**h***.

Last edited:
This whole thing reads like an anti trying to prove evil guns in MA all come from across borders and how easy it is. Why say things like 'it only took 10 hours...' He cant be that dumb to think posting a picture of the shop is keeping it anonymous. This whole thing screams BS to me.

They didn't even need an article. The anti gun crowd just looks at the title and they go with it.

So a law breaker violated existing laws and then called it a loophole.

OK...so again tell me how more laws he's also going to ignore would prevent it?

People seem to think laws are things which allow.

They do not.

Lawmakers also make this mistake all the time because they don't have enough reading comprehension to understand the basic concept of the law structure. Or they choose to ignore it because it is convinent to their agenda. (Or both.)

Sooo... now that he added the license bit (and got called out for out in the comments) this becomes simply a story of a guy that used public transportation to transport a gun. Wow thrilling...

Sooo... now that he added the license bit (and got called out for out in the comments) this becomes simply a story of a guy that used public transportation to transport a gun. Wow thrilling...

Hey now, give him credit for use of hired private transport too! the "coyote" uber.

Because, of course, there’s no WAY he could’ve just gone to his local LGS and laid out his cash.

Depends on how fast it stays up when someone inevitably tells him he's copping to several MA felonies, unless he has a nonres LTC or something... (doubtful)

-Mike

In the story he mentions that he has a non-res MA license. So, ignorance on my part, if you have a non res license, you can't buy a long gun or ammo? Or is a non res license only good for being in possession of ammo and firearms?

In the story he mentions that he has a non-res MA license. So, ignorance on my part, if you have a non res license, you can't buy a long gun or ammo? Or is a non res license only good for being in possession of ammo and firearms?

It's not Drgrant's fault. The original version of the story didn't mention an LTC.

It's not Drgrant's fault. The original version of the story didn't mention an LTC.

Ohh I'm not criticizing anyone at all. I'm legitimately curious. I had thought that if you had a non res license, that was the same as an LTC, only for a non resident, and you could buy ammo and long guns. The story confuses me in regards to what I thought I knew of MA gun laws.

Possession only, you can't buy anything here without having a resident LTC. There was a dumb modification to the laws passed a long time ago after some pos nutbag killed a couple people at a college in MA a long time ago...

Wayne Lo - Wikipedia

-Mike

Allow me to tell the harrowing tale of my "gun running" days (day). It was fall 2015. I was intent on starting trap shooting. I searched high and low for a shop which had a BT99 in stock, when suddenly it occurred to me... just look north. With a casual mention to my wife my intention, I set my plan in motion - I will leave from class and head to KTP where they had BT's as far as the eye could see. Unanticipated was the wait time to complete the transaction and my cell phone started ringing. It was my wife. One call, then two... I felt it safe to ignore the calls only for so long. Once the transaction was complete and I was in transit home it was time to face the music. "Where are you?" "What are you doing?" The thoughts that went through my wife's mind ranged from bad to worse, but nothing prepared her for the truth. I just spent $1200 on a shotgun.

When I say nothing, that is not entirely accurate. I did just buy the case and chokes for it only days earlier, and when questioned what they were for I said they were for the BT (the same one that I had been talking about getting for months). However, as any married man can tell you, when the wife says "you didn't say anything about this" even if you had an audio and video recording of the incident with her express acknowledgement, you still won't win this argument. So I did what any crafty man would do in this situation... I cried. I went on and on about needing hobbies. That kinda worked. Still didn't get laid that night though. As far as purchasing out of state - nobody GAF.

Allow me to tell the harrowing tale of my "gun running" days (day). It was fall 2015. I was intent on starting trap shooting. I searched high and low for a shop which had a BT99 in stock, when suddenly it occurred to me... just look north. With a casual mention to my wife my intention, I set my plan in motion - I will leave from class and head to KTP where they had BT's as far as the eye could see. Unanticipated was the wait time to complete the transaction and my cell phone started ringing. It was my wife. One call, then two... I felt it safe to ignore the calls only for so long. Once the transaction was complete and I was in transit home it was time to face the music. "Where are you?" "What are you doing?" The thoughts that went through my wife's mind ranged from bad to worse, but nothing prepared her for the truth. I just spent $1200 on a shotgun.

When I say nothing, that is not entirely accurate. I did just buy the case and chokes for it only days earlier, and when questioned what they were for I said they were for the BT (the same one that I had been talking about getting for months). However, as any married man can tell you, when the wife says "you didn't say anything about this" even if you had an audio and video recording of the incident with her express acknowledgement, you still won't win this argument. So I did what any crafty man would do in this situation... I cried. I went on and on about needing hobbies. That kinda worked. Still didn't get laid that night though. As far as purchasing out of state - nobody GAF.
Sorry you didn’t get laid.

I had no idea. Interesting.

Ironically that POS oxygen thief wayne lo has been a gun control advocate/shill while in the can.... but it just goes to show you, the ones that advocate for it are very often projecting their own proclivities towards violence "guns should be restricted because then I wouldn't do something bad with them" and other BS like that.

-Mike

Its quite possible the guy that wrote the article took the train to and from New Hampshire and simply bought a gun case, and then took pictures off the gun case at certain spots on his way home.

I'm calling bullshit.

A) Its a known fact on this forum that most of the gun stores on the border (like say Nashua and south) will sell to Mass residents. Especially guns like 10/22s. He claims every store told him to FOAD but the more realistic percentage would be like 80% "come on down!" versus 20% FOAD.
B) He's a dumbass because he ignored being able to go on the commuter rail into RI and buy a gun in RI. A RI store would've either shipped the gun to his FFL in VA or let him pick it up in seven days. If he's a college student, he should've waited to return to VA to buy the gun.
C) He's a dumbass again for getting "a Master's in Criminology" when he could be in Mass getting a law degree that would actually allow him to be a prosecutor, ya know, a lawyer, rather than... what? DEA? ATF? Border Patrol?

What is this shop, we need to verify the veracity of this story:

5-redacted.jpg
That shop is definitely state line in plaistow I shop there alot. Good guys.

Lol what is this article about? Absolutely nothing. So this guy bought a long gun as a VA resident (at least as far as his DL was concerned) and then illegally brings it back into MA....

-Mike
Well his non resident ltc means he legally brought it into mass right?

Because it's pretty obvious he's a "foreigner" visiting MA w/no LTC/FID and doesn't understand MA bullshit laws, and somehow or another has convinced himself that what he did was legal... well most of it was, until he went back into MA with it....

-Mike
He has a non res LTC said so in the article

Back
Top Bottom