• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HBO Docmentary BS on the way

Did a search. Couldn't find anything.
Just saw a commercial for this BS documentary "Requiem For The Dead: American Spring 2014"

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/requiem-for-the-dead-american-spring-2014/synopsis.html

Im sure it will be a unbiased and fair documentary showing both sides of the conversation. [rolleyes]

More than 32,000 people die from gun violence every year in America, an average of 88 people per day. REQUIEM FOR THE DEAD: AMERICAN SPRING 2014 highlights a few of the estimated 8,000 individuals who died from gunfire that spring, drawing exclusively on found media – news accounts, police investigations and social media – to shine a light on little-known stories of tragic loss, bringing the victims to life in their own words and images.

From a Facebook status update to a post on Instagram, from a newspaper headline to on-the-scene video, REQUIEM FOR THE DEAD details victims’ lives in the moments leading up to the shootings and shows how each death reverberates in the lives of others.

Whether by homicide, accident or suicide, a wide cross-section of Americans – men and women, young and old, from every racial background – are victims and perpetrators of gun violence. With images from social media postings, frantic 911 calls, police reports and videos, each story is hauntingly laid out through the unmediated expressions that remain. REQUIEM FOR THE DEAD places the viewer in victims’ and their families’ lives, capturing the shock and grief felt by their loved ones as the survivors are left to make sense of the horrific events.

Last edited:
I think we can take something like this show and use it to highlight one of the reasons why we should be grateful for the 2A

Evil is lurking about about and it's better to be prepared than to be unprepared. The fire extinguisher analogy is spot on with respect to being prepared.

CAPT KIRK: Make it so Spock.

Spock_s_Unassailable_Logic.jpg

Last edited:
Good catch. I should have specified homicide by firearm. I wonder how HBO will spin it. I doubt they will break down the numbers.

Oh joy... I guess the DUI death toll is passe for HBO.

Nice job OP for a clear title and summary quotation plus link. That's how you do it. [grin]

Boycott HBO, LOL.

The problem will be that the examples they use won't be representative of this 8,000 people they say died from gun fire during that three month period. They'll do exactly what Stop Handgun Violence did with their billboard. They'll round up and make generalized assumptions in order to inflate a total estimated number of 'gun deaths' as much as possible, then they'll showcase the stories of a handful of cute kids who were caught in someone else's crossfire.

It's sort of like the 'Serving Suggestion' warning you see on the package of frozen peas. The picture has some nice juicy, plump peas mixed in with a little onion and bacon, sitting next to a steak and a potatoes. But when you open up the box you just get some hard, shriveled up, freezer burned frozen peas. If the billboard had honest representations of all the 'gun violence' victims there have been since Sandyhook, most of those pictures would be of pathetic looking middle aged white men from the west or mid-west. But that's not very compelling.

The problem will be that the examples they use won't be representative of this 8,000 people they say died from gun fire during that three month period. They'll do exactly what Stop Handgun Violence did with their billboard. They'll round up and make generalized assumptions in order to inflate a total estimated number of 'gun deaths' as much as possible, then they'll showcase the stories of a handful of cute kids who were caught in someone else's crossfire.

It's sort of like the 'Serving Suggestion' warning you see on the package of frozen peas. The picture has some nice juicy, plump peas mixed in with a little onion and bacon, sitting next to a steak and a potatoes. But when you open up the box you just get some hard, shriveled up, freezer burned frozen peas. If the billboard had honest representations of all the 'gun violence' victims there have been since Sandyhook, most of those pictures would be of pathetic looking middle aged white men from the west or mid-west. But that's not very compelling.

And I'm sure like the moms group does, they say 22 children die each day by gun shots. What they leave out is those 22 killed, almost all of those "children" are gang members killed in turf wars. Just as the moms say there have been 76 school shooting since newtown but conviently leave out the number they use includes people who are not students, teachers or staff, include shootings after school hours and on weekends, gang shootings, etc.

You can never ever trust anything they say, statistics or otherwise because they lie 95% of the time. They have a long track record of falsehoods. Remember the moms bus going state to state naming off the "victims" of gun violence and they includd the dead marathon bomber on the list they read and other killers.

so even if it's 32,000. If the country in fact has near 330 million people...that is 0.0096970%. Then we would need to break that down...

So how does that 32,000 fit into these categories?

ILLEGAL ALIENS - update as requested by GaryO - Thank you GaryO for pointing out that unintentional omission.
Gun killed all by itself with no human or animal assistance - I'll fill this one in.....ZERO I guess guns really don't kill people.
Gang Bangers
Self defense
Suicides
Murder/Suicides
Legal gun owner murders
Legal gun owner suicides
Police shootings
Accidents
Other mental health issues
Gun Free Zone Deaths

Last edited:
so even if it's 32,000. If the country in fact has near 330 million people...that is 0.0096970%. Then we would need to break that down...

So how does that 32,000 fit into these categories?

Gun killed all by itself with no human or animal assistance
Gang Bangers
Self defense
Suicides
Murder/Suicides
Legal gun owner murders
Legal gun owner suicides
Police shootings
Accidents
Other mental health issues
Gun Free Zone Deaths

I'm going to add one more category.
http://townhall.com/columnists/john...-america-by-illegal-aliens-n1840468/page/full

32k is all deaths, suicides, police shootings, accidental, legit self defense etc.

About the same as die in car accidents.

NHTSA’s “Early Estimates of Motor Vehicle Traffic Fatalities in 2014” (DOT HS 812 160), A statistical projection of traffic fatalities shows that an estimated 32,675 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2014.

Let's ban cars.....

Oh joy... I guess the DUI death toll is passe for HBO.

Nice job OP for a clear title and summary quotation plus link. That's how you do it. [grin]

Boycott HBO, LOL.
I actually use the deaths from alchohol against whiney liberal douches on FB all the time. CDC claims like 88,000 alchohol related deaths per year, so nearly 3x that of firearms. Yet where are the screams to ban alchohol from the same people. Oh wait its something they themselves enjoy responsibly...
(Note: im not actually for baning alchohol just calling out hypocracy when I see it)

Back
Top Bottom