• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Having some serious issues accessing the site...

Today I couldn't access the site from several different locations using two separate PCs. It just gives me the generic "Page Not Found" message. Only reason I was able to get to it to post this is because I used a proxy. Any idea why this might be happening? Happens with both FireFox and IE.

Hey, I'm not the only one who surfs this site from my iPhone!

It seems like maybe the primary DNS server has a bad entry, but a secondary one has the right info? I also get a "server not found" in my Mac OSX browser, and then hit reload and it loads. But the iPhone just won't load it at all.

Search for a file called "hosts" (with no extension) under your Windows folder. On my XP machine it's in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\

Add this line:

72.46.125.5 www.northeastshooters.com

If I'm wrong or I've missed something, someone please let me know. I don't want to give out bad info.

(This site most likely has a static IP address that doesn't change. But if it ever does, this won't work anymore and will probably block you from accessing the site until you update or remove this line.)

It appears that the DNS change (fix, whatever) has propagated through the various root servers. Everyone should be able to get on now (connecting over Verizon FIOS here).

I am still having issues getting to the forums from at work. I get the DNS issue page when I click on forums from the main page. It works fine from here...

Back
Top Bottom