Having some fun with a new select fire rifle. *updated*

Sweet. I was almost going to ask where you were shooting it until I read the video description lol.

Rifle details?

Spikes lower converted by NEA (Northeast Arms)
Aero upper with Aero 14.5 inch barrel (mid length gas)
Aero FA BCG
NEA 12' hand guard
Standard carbine buffer
Standard A2 flash hider
Colt FA trigger group

This is the first time I have shot a FA mid length gas system. It has a noticeably different recoil impulse than a carbine length.

Last edited:
different how?

Softer and more like a push than a slap (best I can describe it). One really just needs to shoot both at the same range session to really feel it. I had a H and H2 buffer with me for this rifle, thinking I may want to use them like I do in my carbine builds, but I did not see the need with the mid length system.

Softer and more like a push than a slap (best I can describe it). One really just needs to shoot both at the same range session to really feel it. I had a H and H2 buffer with me for this rifle, thinking I may want to use them like I do in my carbine builds, but I did not see the need with the mid length system.

Now you need one of our integral cans. I have the form 3's ready willing and waiting haha.

I need to mill out some lowers asap. I plan to be back on the range testing ~3 weeks or so.

I was the guy to your right on Sunday, it sounded really nice, surprisingly quieter than the other AR, more of a thump-thump than a crack or boom, especially with the A2. Sweet.
I wondered why you were at that "short berm" and guessed it after you threw the switch. They asked me to set up over there once when I brought my 72 year old mother to shoot pistol and mentioned to the RO it was her first time shooting.
In her case probably not a bad call, turns out she couldn't hit the paper but had a great time.

Back
Top Bottom