Having issues with text box

When I type in this box and hit the "delete" or "return" buttons my keyboard disappears.

It's the only website/app that does this now.

Phone did a security update last night.

This is a bug with the latest release of the Chrome mobile browser - unfortunately nothing we can do on our side for the moment, but the powers that be are aware and hopefully making a quick fix.

The alternative edit is to highlight the text you want to replace and type in the new, or highlight the word and do the same.

Wont work without a mouse tho..

At this point, there are two potential workarounds: 1) disable the rich text editor (click the gear icon on the bar above that says disable bbcode) 2) use an alternative browser for the time being (safari, etc.)

We've filed a bug with Chrome, and they're pushing a fix, but it may take up to two weeks for it to reach your specific device due to the way they roll out patches.

There's also a lot of lockups/lag etc with text entry on chrome mobile. It's very erratic though and not consistent at all.

One issue I’ve had with the text box for the site is after using the quote feature, sometimes you want to highlight a particular statement inside the quote, using BOLD or ITALICS, so you do the usual to enact those choices but then when you move down to text your own reply to the highlighted statements, the BOLDED statements get reverted back to standard (no longer bolded or italicized and you have to start the whole process over again.

Generally takes me 2-3 tries to get thru it this way.
IOS/Safari latest OS

This is a bug with the latest release of the Chrome mobile browser - unfortunately nothing we can do on our side for the moment, but the powers that be are aware and hopefully making a quick fix.
Thanks! It's been driving me nuts. I wanted to throw my phone on the floor but I'd been drinking and I figured I'd miss.

One issue I’ve had with the text box for the site is after using the quote feature, sometimes you want to highlight a particular statement inside the quote, using BOLD or ITALICS, so you do the usual to enact those choices but then when you move down to text your own reply to the highlighted statements, the BOLDED statements get reverted back to standard (no longer bolded or italicized and you have to start the whole process over again.
I got fed up with nested quote elision and brooming of text styles inside quotes.
(Don't know if it still does the latter).

So quite a while ago,
I stopped using pure text quotes entirely -
I just use indent.

(I still use reply-quoting, for the backpointers and user-name citation credits).

Back
Top Bottom